The Jiri Sekac Thread

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
People are incredibly biased against Moen. He's doing at least twice as much as Prust on the ice.
But he accomplishes half as much.

He doesn't check, doesn't fight and can't skate well. He's playing scared out there and he's clearly lost his fire.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB is gonna have to find away to get rid of Bourque and/or Moen for either Sekac or Bournival to play. If only one could be gone I'd rather it be Bourque. He brings nothing and he's just taking up the roster spot of a young guy who can at least bring what Bourque does with a chance of improving.

As Knuckles just said on 690, MT is merely keeping out of the lineup the players that are easiest to keep out, the least likely to pose a challenge or "upset" the room.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
To be honest, if anyone should be scratched right now, it's Prust. He's doing pathetic as a 4th liner out there. No hit given in 4 games now.

I told everyone to expect this. With Prust as the only defacto "go to" guy when it comes to the hitty/punchy stuff, expect him to either really pace himself or miss plenty of games for maintenance days. Those who thought he'd be enough to carry the role from the "alpha" position may have been mistaken...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
As Knuckles just said on 690, MT is merely keeping out of the lineup the players that are easiest to keep out, the least likely to pose a challenge or "upset" the room.

DD hasn't been that great so sit him for a game or 2. That would certainly send a message to the team. If the coach would sit his little pet no one is safe from being sat out on this team.

I want Bourque off the team and out of town. Easily replaceable by either Sekac and Bournival.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...because we are a grinding team, even though we're built like a speed-driven transition & possession team...oh, and Therrien is a hard-headed, stubborn ol' fossil that thinks he's coaching the Broad Street Bullies; there's that, too...:cry:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Moen has nothing to do with Sekac. Do you really want a skilled guy like Sekac on the fourth line? That's where Moen is. He's a FOURTH LINE WING.

Complain about Bourque over Sekac. That actually makes sense.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Why was he taken out of the lineup in the first place?
Moen, shouldn't be on the ice if their isn't more than 2 player injured
Bourque, with is tools he need to be more visible
Prust, better than the above but definately isn't the player we saw in year one of is contract.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bourque pulled the same thing last year, and over his career, disappearing over extended stretches in the regular season.

The goodwill he earned during last year's playoffs, has now eroded.

Yeah, time for Rene to spend time under the rafters. But will Therrien do it?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Bourque pulled the same thing last year, and over his career, disappearing over extended stretches in the regular season.

The goodwill he earned during last year's playoffs, has now eroded.

Yeah, time for Rene to spend time under the rafters. But will Therrien do it?

We can point fingers at Bourque and Eller and DD all we want, but the bottom line is we're not nearly as dangerous a team if all four of Malhotra, Moen, Prust and Weise are dressed.

You can justify three of them on the fourth line, but that's it. Once the fourth gets in, it eats away at the offensive capability of another line and makes checking easy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We can point fingers at Bourque and Eller and DD all we want, but the bottom line is we're not nearly as dangerous a team if all four of Malhotra, Moen, Prust and Weise are dressed.

You can justify three of them on the fourth line, but that's it. Once the fourth gets in, it eats away at the offensive capability of another line and makes checking easy.

I merely singled out Bourque. I'd much rather have Eller and DD in the lineup over Bourque, if a decision had to be made between the three of them. Not sure what Bourque is bringing, he's practically invisible. How can Sekac do worse?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The fourth line is just a mash up of characters..

Bournival should be on the 4th line with weise and malhotra

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
  • He's a rookie.
  • Nobody knew who he was 6 months ago.
  • The organization has always been more "patient" with young players from the old continent (aka avoiding media rage).
  • He said he would not go back to the KHL.

Exactly.

I personally would like to see him slot into the lineup soon, but there are reasons for him not having appeared just yet. I think he will probably play one of the next 3 games, though.

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
I can't believe people think Moen has been better than Prust. Prust has been doing some great work along the boards, can keep the cycle going a lot better than Moen, and brings the toughness element that Moen can't bring anymore. Did anyone notice him trying to get Bollig to drop the gloves on a faceoff after he smoked Galch with a hit that left him bloody? Would have been a nice wake up call for the team, but it appeared Bollig said "I can't".
The 4th line should be Prust-Malhotra-Weise when healthy IMO. Sekac takes Weise's spot on the DD line and Bourni in for Bourque.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The fourth line is just a mash up of characters..

Bournival should be on the 4th line with weise and malhotra

This and more of this...
Plus Bournival is the sparkplug you use on any line when they go flat...
We used him successfully last year in this role and haven't felt the need to insert him in the lineup?
MT has the same distorted view as many. "How did you win that one MT?"
"Da boyz u know competes " "Dey competes really hard" :naughty:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Therrien is so conservative. He'd rather lose with a lineup full of veterans (whose limits he knows full well) than potentially win with young guys he doesn't know as well.

He has such a bias over veteran players it almost doesn't make sense. It's not player development either he's just a wimp.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Very dumb move by MT sitting him out. He is hard worker, finish his hits, back checks, goes to the corners and front of net. Gets his 1st goal and the game after sits out. Looked like he was on his way but MT puts a stop to it... Don't get it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No idea, but he's proven that he deserves to be in the lineup and would be better than most of the guys in the bottom six right now.

At this point, I'd also much rather have Sekac in a top-six role over Gallagher.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Maybe the coaches just didn't like some of the smaller aspects of his game, not being NHL ready. Feel he needs more practice time. Seems like it could work. Give him a taste to motivate him, then tell him what he needs to get better at in prac before he gets another shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad