The Jiri Sekac Thread

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Completely agree that Bournival is next to worthless for the Habs. An oft-injured non-physical 4th liner.

First of all his too ripped shape can lead to all those injuries. Football players mostly eschew that too cut frame because they believe that removes the natural padding required for a contact sport.

Secondly the Good Lord save us from having a soft 4th line like in the days of Juneau/Dackell.

I mean the only thing he's got going for him is speed so please stop blaming Therrien for him getting pushed out.

Well, your completely wrong, about everything. even that joke of a football analogy

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Would Sekac help the PP by going in front of the net, instead on Bgally??

Having both size AND the ability to make plays in tight spaces (more so than Eller, imo), on top of excellent eye/hand coordination and a willingness to drive the net when he sees the opening? Almost certainly. But, yknow, Therrien.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I'd love Sekac in front of the net on the PP, he's got some very good hands, could make plays in close or he'd be perfect for the tip.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

I feel to more Sekac handle the puck the better he is, he would be good in front of the net, but I feel he be better on half board than waitting in front of the net, since we have so much probleme getting set up, I don't feel having better presence in front of the net really change any thing if your not controling the play.

I would play DD Eller and Sekac on the second PP unit.
Sekac on the half board, to control the play, If they apply presure on Sekac will be able to beat a guy one on one or make a pass, if they give him to much room he can use is shoot.
DD can set up a play from down low he good at protecting the puck and he does't have much of a shoot so being closer is better for him.
Eller, big he can screen, push is way to loose puck and skill eough to finish.
I think that make the best use of every skills.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'd love Sekac in front of the net on the PP, he's got some very good hands, could make plays in close or he'd be perfect for the tip.
As much as I love Bgally, we seem to be the only team who puts a little guy, out front of the net on a PP....and yet some big bodies like Sekac and Eller don't even get a sniff of PP time...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
As much as I love Bgally, we seem to be the only team who puts a little guy, out front of the net on a PP....and yet some big bodies like Sekac and Eller don't even get a sniff of PP time...

Gally should be in the slot. He has a good wrister and is an elusive skater. Definitely Sekac or Eller close to the paint.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto

Gally should be in the slot. He has a good wrister and is an elusive skater. Definitely Sekac or Eller close to the paint.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher-Subban-Markov
Sekac-Plekanec-Eller/Desharnais-Gonchar-Beaulieu

Lesglorieux

Jun 27, 2014
Calgary, AB
Completely agree that Bournival is next to worthless for the Habs. An oft-injured non-physical 4th liner.

First of all his too ripped shape can lead to all those injuries. Football players mostly eschew that too cut frame because they believe that removes the natural padding required for a contact sport.

Secondly the Good Lord save us from having a soft 4th line like in the days of Juneau/Dackell.

I mean the only thing he's got going for him is speed so please stop blaming Therrien for him getting pushed out.

....I feel like hockey equipment is significantly more protective than having a little bit more fatty tissue in your muscles/body. Just sayin'

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
....I feel like hockey equipment is significantly more protective than having a little bit more fatty tissue in your muscles/body. Just sayin'

??. Hockey equipment is not designed to protect from muscle, ligament and tendon tears and pulls in any way. It is designed primarily to prevent serious impact and laceration injury from being struck by the puck and sticks or from impacting other players, boards and glass at speed. Even then it is not always effective. Skate cuts to the legs and arms/hands are still pretty common for example, and serious bruising is normal. Equipment prevents injury, not being hurt.

It's true that flexibility is very important in preventing tears and pulls, except those caused by skates getting jammed. You're ****ed with those. But you can be cut and flexible at the same time, not sure if the poster is correct on that.

Lesglorieux

Jun 27, 2014
Calgary, AB
??. Hockey equipment is not designed to protect from muscle, ligament and tendon tears and pulls in any way. It is designed primarily to prevent serious impact and laceration injury from being struck by the puck and sticks or from impacting other players, boards and glass at speed. Even then it is not always effective. Skate cuts to the legs and arms/hands are still pretty common for example, and serious bruising is normal. Equipment prevents injury, not being hurt.

It's true that flexibility is very important in preventing tears and pulls, except those caused by skates getting jammed. You're ****ed with those. But you can be cut and flexible at the same time, not sure if the poster is correct on that.

All I'm saying is I dont really see a situation where being less cut would benefit you in hockey. I definitely think theres a range where it doesnt make much of a difference, but I feel like if he was too fit, his trainers would talk to him. Obviously hockey gear doesnt prevent cuts tears and muscle issues, but neither does you workout regime really. Except maybe the flexibility aspect of it, which he probably works on quite a bit. I remember even in junior hockey how important trainers made it to make sure we werent leaving out stretching. It must be 10x more enforced in the pros.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Sekac would be perfect in front of the net. He has the size and tools to make something happen. It's quite mind boggling that the coaching staff hasn't tried this out. The Habs PP hasn't been this frustrating to watch since the 2011-12 when it was just bad to watch. It feels like the coaching staff is trying to make a square cube fit in a round hole, whatever they are now isn't working so why not try some new strategies?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sekac would be perfect in front of the net. He has the size and tools to make something happen. It's quite mind boggling that the coaching staff hasn't tried this out. The Habs PP hasn't been this frustrating to watch since the 2011-12 when it was just bad to watch. It feels like the coaching staff is trying to make a square cube fit in a round hole, whatever they are now isn't working so why not try some new strategies?
Insane really...doing the same things, over and over and expecting different results...
We can see it, but the people who are paid big $$$ can't....

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
It's very frustrating to see DD Plekanec and Ghetto out there and you have Sekac (who's scored in his minimal PP time) sitting on the bench.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It's very frustrating to see DD Plekanec and Ghetto out there and you have Sekac (who's scored in his minimal PP time) sitting on the bench.

You mean 2 PP goals and 3 PP point in less than 15 total minutes of PP time? Not good enough. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad