The Jake Gardiner Situation

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Trade him. If the Leafs are lucky some fool will give them a 2nd round draft pick for Jake the flake.

I've said it for years, he is the worst D-man defensively I've ever seen. I agree with Bill Watters that the Leafs cannot win (anything substantial) with Jake Gardiner on the team. Get rid of the bum!

say no more.

Reactions: al secord

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
i don't think it's fair that if people feel that we should move him it's because of that one performance. maybe for a lot of people (i'll readily admit), it's the cherry on top of it. I personally don't think he's reliable. now i know people will stat-stat me, about how good he really is, and that's fine, but i just don't think he's got it between the ears.

i would trade him and get someone smarter (or more reliable)
i know the argument is here, well he has 50+ points and skates real well which means he's awesome. i don't think the Leafs should commit to him long term. and since i feel that way, i feel we should trade'em. I'll feel this way basically until Christmas, (like I did w/JvR and Bozak) then it will be too late.

now I do stand by what i said that i don't think it's losing "something" if someone choses free agency and you don't get more assets because cap space etc are assets. however, i've also consistently said you don't wanna do it every single year. we did it 3x this year, because of Lou's utter lack of putting a stake in the ground one way or the other, and the last thing Kyle needs to be doing to playing the half pregnant game too.
I don't understand the situation .....he sucked twice in his leafs career vs boston in the 7th game of a series
u love him or u hate him ....just wish hed stop shaking his head when he makes a dumb read ....makes u look dumber

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Trade him. If the Leafs are lucky some fool will give them a 2nd round draft pick for Jake the flake.

I've said it for years, he is the worst D-man defensively I've ever seen. I agree with Bill Watters that the Leafs cannot win (anything substantial) with Jake Gardiner on the team. Get rid of the bum!
LOL.
Ok. Watters is a good hockey man:D

Reactions: diceman934

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
it's kind of sad that you couldn't grasp the extremely obvious point that all players have bad games, even ones that you like. There's no reason to think they can't bounce back from a poor performance. I guess it's more fun to be passive aggressive though
Wow passive aggressive, so deep....as a bird bath.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
I don't love or hate Gards as I don't even know him and i think many are in same boat. But we have too many of same type of player on defence. Leafs need to trade off one of Rielly or Gards for a defensive ace big tough defender who can skate and a pick. I say Gards because in my opinion he is worse of 2, he is not a Leaf draft pick and he is prone to HUGE mistakes at clutch times. Rielly has passion in him. Both are garbage on defensive side of puck. Trouba would be ideal. Gards for Trouba is a dream sent from heaven. But I dont believe Jets would make such a foolish move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad