The Jackets are coming

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Older scoring winger (Kunitz)? Hartnell.
Young top defenseman (Maatta)? Murray.
Secondary scoring forwards (Dupuis, Bennett)? Letestu, Anisimov.

We're also missing an additional top defender (Tyutin), but y'all are missing the current best player in the game (Crosby), so for once this year we're behind in injuries in a game (wow! now that's a first! ;) ) But y'all ain't all that far "ahead".
The biggest "loss" for the Pens might be Fleury, though. Maybe even bigger than Crosby. He´s been our MVP so far and we surely could have used him in that penalty shot/shootout.
But let´s not act like a Pens are some cakewalk with this roster. They still played really well and the Jackets had to earn that win. They did. It was one of the best hockey games of the season, IMO. And yeah, this thread is completely justified, not a single problem with that. Jackets are definitely a PO material, but they still have a lots of digging left. Gonna be interesting. I really wish them well, definitely would like them to knock off NYR/WSH out of those PO spots, so all things considered I have no problem with them getting these 2 points vs the Pens. Pens picked up a valuable one too and they will be fine.

Captain Mittens*

what is the projected point total needed to make the playoffs?

if its 89-90, the jackets need to go 32-21 the rest of the way... thats winning 3 out of 5 for the entire rest of the season.. about a 100 point pace over a whole season

if its 93 points like it was last year, then it becomes 34-19... thats pretty much 2 out of every three, for the entire rest of the season... about a 105 point pace

can it happen? sure, but...

DAT MATH....

97-99 in the West
95 in the East

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Fun game to watch with a good playoff atmosphere. If the Jackets stay healthy I think they have a very good chance of making the playoffs. First or second in the Metro might be too much at this point unless the Pens or the Isles go on a lengthy losing streak but they're not that far out of third or a WC spot.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
But the Islanders did it. :sarcasm:

Isles are also 20-10-0, and I believe that thread was started by a neutral fan as well.
I'm glad the jackets are winning and taking points away from teams currently in a playoff spot. Helps the isles out. And hey, if they can pull it out and make it to the playoffs, they sure as hell deserve it. To be able to come back from the disastrous start they had shows a lot of pride. Plus the last thing I want is some team in the metro getting McJesus

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Heck of a streak against some solid teams.

Pens fans will always be Pens fans - which makes victory even sweeter.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Excellent game, good for the Jackets. However, as an aside, there we're a few of the ubiquitous "are we rivals with the Pens now" comments in a couple of GDTs last night. If so, BJ fans need to have a little thicker skin about being tweaked. It's a game dudes.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Columbus and Buffalo are currently two of the hottest teams in the League. I say, Good for them, and hope they both continue to do well. If other teams can't get their acts together (not mentioning names) then there shouldn't be much sympathy.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Well at least you posted NHL teams this time.

Just saying winning against this Pittsburgh team tonight. Meh. But hey this winning streak is like longer than the Islanders one! We now need a roaring back thread.

Lol you got owned. It wasn't a fully healthy CBJ team against Pens either so the win is more than meh.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Excellent game, good for the Jackets. However, as an aside, there we're a few of the ubiquitous "are we rivals with the Pens now" comments in a couple of GDTs last night. If so, BJ fans need to have a little thicker skin about being tweaked. It's a game dudes.

Lolol seems to me the Pens fans are the ones getting defensive. "Oh but your injured team beat our injured team!" :whine: Get over yourselves.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Lolol seems to me the Pens fans are the ones getting defensive. "Oh but your injured team beat our injured team!" :whine: Get over yourselves.

What? I said it was an excellent game, good for you. I know this comes as a shock, but there are often numerous people on these boards who have nuanced, different views of things. Try to remember that, it'll make your responses more interesting.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
What? I said it was an excellent game, good for you. I know this comes as a shock, but there are often numerous people on these boards who have nuanced, different views of things. Try to remember that, it'll make your responses more interesting.

If I misread your post I apologize. It sounded antagonistic. But then I have been at work (in a retail setting in the holidays) for roughly the last 100 years so I'm a little fried right now.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Even bottom feeders have a nice little streak from time to time, they have no shot at the playoffs though.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Should be a tight race but 1 more losing streak and they're basically done. It's gonna be tough to beat out the other teams but I hope they make it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Should be a tight race but 1 more losing streak and they're basically done. It's gonna be tough to beat out the other teams but I hope they make it.
Well, we pulled it off last year... and ended up just short the year before that. So this isn't exactly unfamiliar territory. :)

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

I don't get people saying this; it's December for gods sake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad