The Jackets are coming

MilanKraft*

Yeah looking good....I just bought this tonight. ..
$_3.JPG

penguins2946*

The Jackets are playing great right now, but let's not act like this game is proof of that. The Pens were missing Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis, Bennett and Maatta. They're playing great right now, it just seems like an odd time for this thread to appear when they barely beat the Pens in a SO while their best player, 3 top-6 wingers and a top-4 D were out.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The Jackets are playing great right now, but let's not act like this game is proof of that. The Pens were missing Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis, Bennett and Maatta. They're playing great right now, it just seems like an odd time for this thread to appear when they barely beat the Pens in a SO while their best player, 3 top-6 wingers and a top-4 D were out.

Yeah I'm glad the Jackets were 100% healthy to prey on a beaten up Penguins team.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

Seems odd that Pens fans keep justifying their loss to the CBJ, I don't see Tampa or CAPs fans doing this. CBJ go 6-0 versus teams currently in playoff spots despite not having Tyutin, Horton, Anisimov, Letestu, Hartnell, Murray. That's 3 Top-6 Forwards and 2 Top 4-DMen.

A Habs fan gives some recognition to CBJ for playing well despite their injuries and Pens fans make it about them:shakehead

penguins2946*

Yeah I'm glad the Jackets were 100% healthy to prey on a beaten up Penguins team.

I feel like there's a slight difference between missing Sidney Crosby and Artem Anisimov.

Seems odd that Pens fans keep justifying their loss to the CBJ, I don't see Tampa or CAPs fans doing this. CBJ go 6-0 versus teams currently in playoff spots despite not having Tyutin, Horton, Anisimov, Letestu, Hartnell, Murray. That's 3 Top-6 Forwards and 2 Top 4-DMen.

A Habs fan gives some recognition to CBJ and Pens fans make it about them:shakehead

All I was saying is that a game where the Jackets beat a Pens team missing 3 top-6 forwards and the best player in the league and was playing the 2nd game of back to backs in a shootout isn't an indication of how good they're playing. They are playing well based on their recent roll, not because of 1 game. This thread was in direct reaction to this game, which is why I am saying this. Why wasn't this thread started when the Jackets won 5 in a row? Was beating the Pens in a shootout the win the reason the Jackets are coming?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
This thread was in direct reaction to this game, which is why I am saying this. Why wasn't this thread started when the Jackets won 5 in a row? Was beating the Pens in a shootout the win the reason the Jackets are coming?

The OP didn't mention a thing of the Pens...must be a you issue.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I feel like there's a slight difference between missing Sidney Crosby and Artem Anisimov.

All I was saying is that a game where the Jackets beat a Pens team missing 3 top-6 forwards and the best player in the league and was playing the 2nd game of back to backs in a shootout isn't an indication of how good they're playing. They are playing well based on their recent roll, not because of 1 game.

Then what about Kunitz, Dupuis, Bennett and Maatta vs Horton, Hartnell, Letestu, Tyutin and Murray? Both teams are banged up. When it was all Columbus it was oh it happens, gotta have the depth to play through it but now its an excuse when an impartial fan wants to give another team a little shout out

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Columbus is a good team, just unfortunate injuries. They'll make things interesting in the Metro for sure.

penguins2946*

The OP didn't mention a thing of the Pens...must be a you issue.

This thread was in direct response to the Jackets winning tonight. It's not hard to read between the lines here. Why wasn't this thread made yesterday, when the Jackets had won 5 games in a row? All I'm saying is that the Jackets winning tonight shouldn't have been the reason this thread was made, and it's quite obvious that it was the reason this thread was made.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

All I was saying is that a game where the Jackets beat a Pens team missing 3 top-6 forwards and the best player in the league and was playing the 2nd game of back to backs in a shootout isn't an indication of how good they're playing. They are playing well based on their recent roll, not because of 1 game. This thread was in direct reaction to this game, which is why I am saying this. Why wasn't this thread started when the Jackets won 5 in a row? Was beating the Pens in a shootout the win the reason the Jackets are coming?

We didn't start this thread! A neutral fan did. So you'd have to ask him/her why they didn't start it before. Aside from the infamous 'respect' thread we don't usually come to the mains asking for validation. We'd rather sneak up on you.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
This thread was in direct response to the Jackets winning tonight. It's not hard to read between the lines here. Why wasn't this thread made yesterday, when the Jackets had won 5 games in a row? All I'm saying is that the Jackets winning tonight shouldn't have been the reason this thread was made, and it's quite obvious that it was the reason this thread was made.

I dunno, ask the CANADIENS FAN why he started the thread, CBJ fans couldn't care less about who the 6th win in a row came against. Stop crying.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

Why didn't you start it yesterday since that seems to be such an issue?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

A Habs fan gives some recognition to CBJ for playing well despite their injuries and Pens fans make it about them:shakehead

Great win for the Jackets. And yeah, they are on a roll.

I'm a Pens fans but I hope the Jackets do well.

(And yep, I don't get the Pens fans coming in here with the whine posts at all. Plenty of have been made and will be made with Penguins hate to vent against, but this surely isn't one of them. Strange. Chasing ghosts. )

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

Geez, and I thought my wife interpreted something sinister out of absolutely nothing.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Great win for the Jackets. And yeah, they are on a roll.

I'm a Pens fans but I hope the Jackets do well.

(And yep, I don't get the Pens fans coming in here with the whine posts at all. Plenty of have been made and will be made with Penguins hate to vent against, but this surely isn't one of them. Strange. Chasing ghosts. )

Thank you. :)

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Geez, and I thought my wife interpreted something sinister out of absolutely nothing.

I honestly had thought about going to the Pens' GDT to say thanks for such an entertaining game for, I would hope, both teams. Now I'm glad I didn't because this dude probably would have interpreted that as me giving them the double finger and throwing feces at them.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
That was an entertaining game, Johnson's the real deal.

The Jackets are streaking boys. Proud season ticket holder!

After how loud the reaction to Letang's tieing goal sounded, seems like there's room for others to find a little of that pride. The funny thing about the term bandwagon is that it only seems to be a derogatory term when its directed toward people most dislike, funny how that works. Double standards and all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad