The Jackets are coming

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The Jackets are playing great right now, but let's not act like this game is proof of that. The Pens were missing Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis, Bennett and Maatta. They're playing great right now, it just seems like an odd time for this thread to appear when they barely beat the Pens in a SO while their best player, 3 top-6 wingers and a top-4 D were out.

Older scoring winger (Kunitz)? Hartnell.
Young top defenseman (Maatta)? Murray.
Secondary scoring forwards (Dupuis, Bennett)? Letestu, Anisimov.

We're also missing an additional top defender (Tyutin), but y'all are missing the current best player in the game (Crosby), so for once this year we're behind in injuries in a game (wow! now that's a first! ;) ) But y'all ain't all that far "ahead".

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't think anybody is claiming the CBJ are a better team than Pittsburgh. I think what this thread is claiming is that the Jackets are a much better team than their start indicates and is due to unfortunate injuries. However, we need to get our shots on goal and possession stats up because we have been outshot during this streak yet come away with wins.

Also, the Pens are a weird team. You would think with Crosby out they would be significantly worse, but that is untrue. In years where Crosby, Malkin, or both were out for significant periods of time, the Pens kept right on trucking and played well. They seem to rally and play hard(er) when he is out.

For a while now I have thought the Pens were a dangerous team with or without Crosby.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I honestly had thought about going to the Pens' GDT to say thanks for such an entertaining game for, I would hope, both teams. Now I'm glad I didn't because this dude probably would have interpreted that as me giving them the double finger and throwing feces at them.

The equivalent of "Honey, you look beautiful today." "WHAT, ARE YOU SAYING I DON'T LOOK BEAUTIFUL EVERY DAY??????"

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'd prefer you guys in the playoff picture over the Caps or Rags. Was only a matter of time before guys started getting healthy and the wins started coming.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I feel like there's a slight difference between missing Sidney Crosby and Artem Anisimov.

All I was saying is that a game where the Jackets beat a Pens team missing 3 top-6 forwards and the best player in the league and was playing the 2nd game of back to backs in a shootout isn't an indication of how good they're playing. They are playing well based on their recent roll, not because of 1 game. This thread was in direct reaction to this game, which is why I am saying this. Why wasn't this thread started when the Jackets won 5 in a row? Was beating the Pens in a shootout the win the reason the Jackets are coming?

It would be obtuse to make such a thread after a mere 5 wins my good fellow.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
what is the projected point total needed to make the playoffs?

if its 89-90, the jackets need to go 32-21 the rest of the way... thats winning 3 out of 5 for the entire rest of the season.. about a 100 point pace over a whole season

if its 93 points like it was last year, then it becomes 34-19... thats pretty much 2 out of every three, for the entire rest of the season... about a 105 point pace

can it happen? sure, but...

DAT MATH....

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Bob has been very good in some of these games. The Florida game (Where he stopped 52/55 shots), Lightning game (stopped 33/34 shots), Washington game (stopped 39/41 shots) were good. I still don't know how Florida did not win that game against the Jackets where they had 55 shots haha.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Bob has been very good in some of these games. The Florida game (Where he stopped 52/55 shots), Lightning game (stopped 33/34 shots), Washington game (stopped 39/41 shots) were good. I still don't know how Florida did not win that game against the Jackets where they had 55 shots haha.

The game against the Caps on Thursday Bob was just filthy. I think Cap fans were just praying for a point even though they were leading in the game. :laugh:

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I feel like there's a slight difference between missing Sidney Crosby and Artem Anisimov.

All I was saying is that a game where the Jackets beat a Pens team missing 3 top-6 forwards and the best player in the league and was playing the 2nd game of back to backs in a shootout isn't an indication of how good they're playing. They are playing well based on their recent roll, not because of 1 game. This thread was in direct reaction to this game, which is why I am saying this. Why wasn't this thread started when the Jackets won 5 in a row? Was beating the Pens in a shootout the win the reason the Jackets are coming?

So? The Jackets still won didn't they? Just because the Pens were more affected by injuries than the other team doesn't mean the fans can't be happy about the win.

We can take away some good things from the game, but CBJ did win the game and nothing wrong with giving them credit. I thought the game had good energy from both sides, and you could hear competing chants from both teams fans in the stadium, it just seemed like it was a good game, might not be the most fun to watch because of the brutal rosters, but I thought it was rather enjoyable.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Some of the pens fans in this thread..... :facepalm:

It's all in good fun. It's hard to take this sort of thread seriously when someone posts "Our team is coming." Like they know their team is going to make the playoffs and everyone else should be afraid because of that. :laugh:

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
It's all in good fun. It's hard to take this sort of thread seriously when someone posts "Our team is coming." Like they know their team is going to make the playoffs and everyone else should be afraid because of that. :laugh:

You know the thread was made by a habs fan....right?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
You know the thread was made by a habs fan....right?

Didn't know that.

Your team played a good game tonight. Is there any way you guys can pick someone else as your "rivalry" though? We have too many teams who hate us. :laugh: These "rivalry" games are killer for injuries.

FWIW I think you guys are 60/40 to make the playoffs if you're relatively healthy from here on out.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
This thread was in direct response to the Jackets winning tonight. It's not hard to read between the lines here. Why wasn't this thread made yesterday, when the Jackets had won 5 games in a row? All I'm saying is that the Jackets winning tonight shouldn't have been the reason this thread was made, and it's quite obvious that it was the reason this thread was made.

It was started by a neutral fan. There is nothing to read between the lines. Unlike your excuses. Anaheim was hit hard by injuries too, and they still found ways to win. The Blue Jackets were hit hard by injuries, and they are still rising up the ranks. Injuries are part of the game. The two points Columbus earned tonight don't get an asterisk next to them because the Pens weren't at their best. Sure, sometimes injuries contribute to losses too, but it isn't like Pittsburgh is the only team to deal with that. Detroit made the playoffs last season with a silly amount of injuries.

People are aware the Penguins are dealing with injuries. It isn't the first time and they aren't the first team. You just aren't going to get sympathy when you're complaining after being beaten by, of all teams, the Blue Jackets. No team has been hit harder by injuries this season than Columbus.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
After 8 losses in a row its not hard to read between the lines that 6 wins in a row is exciting. Heck that first win was very exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad