"The Insider" Jon Rosen no longer with the Kings

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I agree that it's a mistake and a bad thing for the Kings, but I am not even sure if this was a Kings decision. How much financial autonomy do the Kings have within AEG?
This very well may have just been an AEG wide thing to cut costs across the board with the massive hits they are taking worldwide and Rosen was just one of many victims.
Oh, I am sure Rosen was one of many layoffs. I just think the Kings should have identified him as someone they shouldn't let go at this time. Who knows though, maybe they offered him a furlough with a return to work once play resumes and he didn't want to take their offer.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Let's take a minute to acknowledge that Matt Roy ran away with all the team awards. I mean he was fine, but oof.

I'm just so out of touch with the Twitter-kid fanbase of the team. Iafallo wins player of the year and Lizotte is the most popular player on the team? I get that Lizotte is easy to cheer for but I'm also telling you that Lizotte jerseys in the stands are few and far between.

Anyways, these don't really matter too much except for those voted on by the players. That said, this has to be the saddest line up we've seen when it comes to these awards. Really hope these prospects shake out haha.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
After a brutal start, he really emerged

I am wrong all the time, but I was really happy to be wrong about him

Your move Watson! Prove me wrong you soulless ginger!

Awarding the D to Roy is nothing more than sending out a one finger salute.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm just so out of touch with the Twitter-kid fanbase of the team. Iafallo wins player of the year and Lizotte is the most popular player on the team? I get that Lizotte is easy to cheer for but I'm also telling you that Lizotte jerseys in the stands are few and far between.

Anyways, these don't really matter too much except for those voted on by the players. That said, this has to be the saddest line up we've seen when it comes to these awards. Really hope these prospects shake out haha.
Kids these days...

Get-Off-My-Lawn-300x200-1.png

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

Jeez, I didn't even have to say where the salute was aimed. You can easily channel the Blake/Doughty summer call..."not elite?" That's what's bothering you? You're worse than the guy 7th in TOI -- that's usually reserved for the healthy scratch."

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Jeez, I didn't even have to say where the salute was aimed. You can easily channel the Blake/Doughty summer call..."not elite?" That's what's bothering you? You're worse than the guy 7th in TOI -- that's usually reserved for the healthy scratch."
Where did you think it was aimed?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Re, the awards, actually really nice to see a kid taking ownership like this early. Good character. Toffoli was similar. I know this is off-ice and thus I don't want it to influence roster decisions but I like being able to cheer for good human beings. A lot to like about Austin.

"For the second consecutive season, Austin Wagner was honored by the Kings Care Foundation for his service to the community"

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Awarding the D to Roy is nothing more than sending out a one finger salute.

Another season of Doughty's prime where he woefully underachieves relative to his talent level and his contract. I realize the Kings sucked these two seasons, but I think it's fair to ask how much blame the man playing half the game gets for the Kings being a bottom 5 team the last two seasons?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this contract is going to age well. The next season, whenever it happens is a pretty big one for Doughty.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Another season of Doughty's prime where he woefully underachieves relative to his talent level and his contract. I realize the Kings sucked these two seasons, but I think it's fair to ask how much blame the man playing half the game gets for the Kings being a bottom 5 team the last two seasons?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this contract is going to age well. The next season, whenever it happens is a pretty big one for Doughty.

Absolutely his share of it. I've long said the guy playing half the game should get his credit for how the team does and in 2018 he had arguably his best NHL season, him Kopitar and Quick were the only reasons this was a playoff team and it showed. Doughty was nearly a 60% CF% against a Stanley Cup finalist and the best line in the league for the series vs. VGK. One ES Goal against (eat a dick, Toby Reider). When Martinez and Fantenberg replaced him on the top pairing for Game 2, they were 25% and 33%. That's an absolutely insane difference, especially in the friggin playoffs at the pro level, and emblematic of his season.

Last two years? Team has gone how Drew has gone. Drew has a good game, the team does as well. Bad game? We lose. So the position in the standings has a lot to do with Drew as a lot of the damage was done with him on the ice. Roy and Walker et. al. have mostly held down the bottom pairings very well (though until they both truly emerged the 2nd pairing was sketchy as well).

We see the flashes, at least. That last 7 game streak he was back to mostly normal. He has dominant games when he's engaged. It's hard to say what it is. Turning 30? Having a kid(s)? body finally broken down? Disengagement? Bad team (with an AHLer as a partner)? All of the above?

I think one good thing about his cockiness is he isn't just going to roll over and I suspect we see a Doughty closer to 2018 than 2020 next year. I just find it funny people are willing to bury him after a year and a half while other top d-men get alibis for years.

Reactions: Faterson
Jul 31, 2005
CA

They have to bring in more talent. When the Kings are celebrating players like Roy, Iafallo, Lizotte and Wagner in today's game of all out speed and skill there is a huge problem. The Kings are desperately hanging onto a game that has long been extinct, continually selling the fans on how good off the ice their players are. I've never heard a fan say they bought tickets to a game or bought a players jersey because of all he does off the ice. Let's be honest-the Kings are celebrating those players because there are no other choices.

Reactions: David Lunch

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
New article on LAKI just put up by Zach. Noted at the end:

NOTE – Zach Dooley works for the Ontario Reign and is one of many contributors to LA Kings Insider during this time. Our organization understands the importance of LAKI to you and remain committed to evolving the platform and providing even more content once we resume usual operations.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Re, the awards, actually really nice to see a kid taking ownership like this early. Good character. Toffoli was similar. I know this is off-ice and thus I don't want it to influence roster decisions but I like being able to cheer for good human beings. A lot to like about Austin.

"For the second consecutive season, Austin Wagner was honored by the Kings Care Foundation for his service to the community"
Like the kid too,even meet his family during a play-off game several years ago when the Regina Pats played Lethbridge Hurricanes...The family is from Calgary so it was real easy to talk to them especially since Wags was a Kings prospect...The Kings should have left him in Ontario to play a tonne...That's on the developmental team and coaches for rushing him!Oh well...Wagner can't put the puck in the Ocean...love his speed but if can't score...I guess 4th liner forever

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
They have to bring in more talent. When the Kings are celebrating players like Roy, Iafallo, Lizotte and Wagner in today's game of all out speed and skill there is a huge problem. The Kings are desperately hanging onto a game that has long been extinct, continually selling the fans on how good off the ice their players are. I've never heard a fan say they bought tickets to a game or bought a players jersey because of all he does off the ice. Let's be honest-the Kings are celebrating those players because there are no other choices.
Pretty sad when that's all we have to celebrate...hey 3 outta 4 are Americanos

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2