Value of: The + in a 3rd OA and 10th OA swap

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
RNH + 10OA should get that 3OA.

Would be Montreal's best centre by a mile. Will still get a good prospect at 10.
It would live and die with Draisaitl.
If he’s included, the trade could happen.
If he’s not, it won’t.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I could see a reverse Hall-Larsson trade where Habs are so desperate for a good C and they overpay.

3rd + Galchenyuk for Draisaitl

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Edmonton fans are pretty much fine with picking up whoever drops.

Assuming Dahlin, Svech and Zadnia go 1-2-3, that leaves a cluster of Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi, Hughes, Dobson, Smith, Bouchard, Tkachuk, and Boqvist. Two of those guys will be available at 10, which is fine by us.

Definitely not doing anything monumentally stupid like giving up Draisaitl or RNH.
Yep. No real interest in trading up especially to pick a winger over d help unless the price is LOW, I'd only trade up to whatever we can get by adding 40th OA. Lol at Drai for Chucky + 3rd OA, when will Habs fans realize that we are not gonna gift them talented young centers for 1/3 of their value.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Yep. No real interest in trading up especially to pick a winger over d help unless the price is LOW, I'd only trade up to whatever we can get by adding 40th OA. Lol at Drai for Chucky + 3rd OA, when will Habs fans realize that we are not gonna gift them talented young centers for 1/3 of their value.

Galchenyuk + 3rd overall is 1/3 of Draisaitl's value? lmao

I dont wanna imagine what you think he is worth

Reactions: Grabner

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Galchenyuk + 3rd overall is 1/3 of Draisaitl's value? lmao

I dont wanna imagine what you think he is worth
You really don't. If big, 2 way ,22 year old, signed for 8 years centers are so easy to get. My challenge to you is: go get one.

Reactions: ThomasG

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary

Well, you gifted NJ a franchise winger, so we just assumed you were in a giving mood. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Grabner

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If the oilers traded us McDavid at 50% retained for Alzner and Shaw people would complain.

Is there anything Montreal can add to the 3rd overall to get the 10th and pool party, or is that just making things complicated?

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Subban for Weber 1 for 1 is a lot closer in value than Hall for Larsson. Try again, champ.

No argument from me there but at least Larsson fills a need for the Oilers.

Habs traded the better player in the same position for an older one with a worse contract. Wasn't this the time that the trade was actually supposed to be in the Habs favour before Weber gets too old?

Still 7 years to go on that contract.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
No argument from me there but at least Larsson fills a need for the Oilers.

Habs traded the better player in the same position for an older one with a worse contract. Wasn't this the time that the trade was actually supposed to be in the Habs favour before Weber gets too old?

Still 7 years to go on that contract.
Can sit here all day and argue who's dumb and who's dumber between our respective GMs but like I've said before maybe if they trade with each other neither comes home with magic beans for a change

Or at least both come home with magic beans

Reactions: Ford Prefect

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Exactly. Habs aren't moving 3rd overall for RNH, a 50pt 2nd line C that makes 6M.

At least if they trade it for an elite winger like Drai, they can try him at C and hope he develops chemistry with Drouin.

Draisaitl is a winger? I know you are saying such silly things just to rile up Oiler fans. Habs fans would cream their jeans to have a C like Drai. But sadly, they traded away all their best assets and now could not muster up the goods for a trade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If EDM and MTL were to swap picks, what would the plus from EDM be?

MTL fans apparently not high on Zadina/Kontkaniemi or anyone who might be available with that pick. Edmonton would probably feel differently and would be high on Zadina.

What's the plus?

Where are you getting that Montreal fans are happy with who will be available with the 3rd OA?

Montreal fans are interested in adding another top 10 pick. Would be of more interest to them to find out what EDM would want for it. Or if EDM would even be interested in making it available. Cause unlike your post, I'm not going to assume what EDM fans want.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Habs are better of drafting Zadina and trading Patch to the Panthers for their 15th pick and another piece. Then take who is left from Kotkaniemi, Veleno, Hayton, or Kupari. That would be my plan

This is actually a very good proposition for both teams.

That means that Bergevin will most likely do the complete opposite.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If EDM and MTL were to swap picks, what would the plus from EDM be?

MTL fans apparently not high on Zadina/Kontkaniemi or anyone who might be available with that pick. Edmonton would probably feel differently and would be high on Zadina.

What's the plus?
Montreal needs help at center and left defense. To move the 3rd they would need at least a #2 NHL center, or good second pairing left D-man. Perferably a first line center or top pairing left D-man. But we could add for the right player.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Since 2000, #10 OA picks

Tippett
Jost
Rantanen
Ritchie
Nichushkin
Koekkoek
Brodin
MPS
Hodgson
Ellerby
Frolik
Bourdin
Valabik
Kostitsyn
Nystrom
Blackburn
Yakubov

Its too early on Tippett and Jost, but outside of Rantanen and Brodin, lost of disappointment and mediocrity there.

In every thread, don't think #10 has as much value as Oilers fans think, although it always depends on who is there at 1o and what individual teams value a certain guy at. Can't see 10 being moved until draft day unless its an extra piece on a deal.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Since 2000, #10 OA picks

Tippett
Jost
Rantanen
Ritchie
Nichushkin
Koekkoek
Brodin
MPS
Hodgson
Ellerby
Frolik
Bourdin
Valabik
Kostitsyn
Nystrom
Blackburn
Yakubov

Its too early on Tippett and Jost, but outside of Rantanen and Brodin, lost of disappointment and mediocrity there.

In every thread, don't think #10 has as much value as Oilers fans think, although it always depends on who is there at 1o and what individual teams value a certain guy at. Can't see 10 being moved until draft day unless its an extra piece on a deal.

My god that's a depressing list. I know scouting has come a long way since 2000, but it still shows that 1st round picks are slightly overvalued.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad