The Implosion Of Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The Blue Jackets have lost five straight games and there is uncertainty over the futures in Columbus of Bobrovsky and Panarin. Will the Jackets get into the playoffs or lose their spot to BUF or CAR?

PavelLevap

Feb 2, 2019
The good news is even with the slump they are still holding a playoff spot, or at least were before the game.

If they can find even average play they'll likely keep their playoff spot.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Losing when expected to win in the playoffs can do this to a team. Losing to the Capitals the way they did last season was the straw that cracked their backs

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Losing when expected to win in the playoffs can do this to a team. Losing to the Capitals the way they did last season was the straw that cracked their backs

Shouldn't Tampa be a dead team walking then? Jackets were the underdogs going up against a division winner, no one but edgelordasauruses expected them to win.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
The Blue Jackets have lost five straight games and there is uncertainty over the futures in Columbus of Bobrovsky and Panarin. Will the Jackets get into the playoffs or lose their spot to BUF or CAR?

They both are leaving Colambus. So it should be called "ex-plosion" :huh:

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
I relate the Columbus situation to the Islanders last year. The Isles were playing with uncertainty as are the Jackets now. Management has to flip them now and get picks and prospects NOW! They are done this year with them around, the locker-room cannot believe in each other. As an Isles fan, they should have traded Tavares it would only make the future brighter.

Reactions: Toe Pick and CPTN71

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Did torts lose the room already? I thought his welcome still had 1 more year before he wore it out

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Did torts lose the room already? I thought his welcome still had 1 more year before he wore it out

This was my first question, but I don’t follow the team. It seems like lately torts is doing old torts stuff after game starts that are reminiscent of times when he was starting to lose the room. I think it’s also tough with the media harping on these two UFAs-to-be. They’re a good team. I hope they get it together and get back on track.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
2 of your five best players don't want to re-sign. That is obviously going to cause ripples throughout a team. Although, them stumbling may be better for them, as it will make the decision on what to do easier. Staying middle of the pack made the choice less obvious.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It's only a slight slump. They are only 3 points back of both Washington and Pittsburgh. They are hardly in a position for the fans to be overly concerned about the team as compared to a team like Anaheim.

:jets

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's only a slight slump. They are only 3 points back of both Washington and Pittsburgh. They are hardly in a position for the fans to be overly concerned about the team as compared to a team like Anaheim.
Folks are freaked out all the same because of the Panarin and Bobrovsky situations having everyone on edge.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Torts will discuss the Bob and Panarin situation tomorrow in team meeting

I really like Torts but he can only make this situation even worse, if that's actually possible that is. Colombus should have moved Panarin already, first place in the division or not, this situation is on them.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also worth noting - remember that "I've only got one center playing" thing?

G51: Are off-ice matters finally affecting Blue Jackets?
It’s believed that Tortorella, always the cagey coach, went on a post-morning-skate rant in Winnipeg about the Blue Jackets’ struggles at center ice — “I’ve got one center playing!” he said, repeatedly — as a way to deflect questions regarding everybody’s favorite topic, Bobrovsky and Bread.

It worked.
Or, IOW, Tortorella put on a show because he knew that "will you people just finally SHUT THE ****ING HELL UP ABOUT BREAD AND BOB ALREADY" wouldn't have gotten a sympathetic ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad