The Implosion Of Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If they end up sucking in February it might be a blessing in disguise. You either want to be really good and keep these guys for a playoff run, or have another reason to trade them so at least the room doesn't feel screwed by the management rewarding good play by trading their best players.

Worst case scenario they keep both guys, limp to the playoffs (or even end up missing during the last stretch of the season after TDL).

Reason i say blessing in disguise is even if they keep them i don't think CBJ is quite good enough to win the cup regardless.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
*re-visits thread*

giphy.gif

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
As a Sabres fan, I've checked the out of town scoreboards after every game for the first season in 7 years. Every, single, day, without, exaggeration, every single team they need to lose, wins. First, it was them being surrounded by the Habs/Islanders/Bruins, and those teams have probably combined for 8 regulation losses in the last two months. Then, once those teams blasted out of reach, it was time for the BJs, Hurricanes to lose. They won't stop winning now. It'd be nice, just once, to actually make up ground after a win. Unreal

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Nice 4 game win streak, and the last 2 games they played extremely well...pretty much dominated a damn good Capitals team last night.

The wheels are on, but they could come off again. I don't expect the Metro or Eastern race to the finish line to be pretty or clean for anyone but TB.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Let us not judge the fine folks on page one who had the misfortune of posting their thoughts ahead of one of the most gangster trade deadlines of all time.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Let us not judge the fine folks on page one who had the misfortune of posting their thoughts ahead of one of the most gangster trade deadlines of all time.

Or the ones posting three games into round one of the playoffs and before The Draft in June and Free Agency in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad