Sep 22, 2018
Edmonton
Reminds me of off-season Big Buff

upload_2022-2-27_23-29-21.png

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
of course this was not the story we were told with him coming into being drafted. People said he was one of the most humble blue chip prospects in a while, ect ect

Who knows exactly what his deal is. But what I find interesting about that team is they always seem to have good pieces, they just can't put it together.

CJ-Ingram-Jones-Zion-Jval is interesting AF, I would love to actually be able to see it

For a brief moment in time, I held hope we'd see AD and Zion together. You had a superstar ready to pack up after 7 long years of frustration but suddenly a miracle falls into his lap. How mad do you think fans would be had AD had changed his mind and stuck around? 5 seconds? I have to imagine Zion's approach would be completely different too. It's simple: he keeps getting hurt because of his size and I really have to ask the question of if he's holding himself accountable or if someone else is. With AD? I don't think we'd have had to. If playing alongside him doesn't motivate you nothing will.

Every time I mope about being a Magic fan I have to remember I could cheer for them. And instead of AD and Zion I saw my star walk away so I could get another a Laker rerun but this time with LeBron and my other superstar is a Brontosaurus who never plays

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What can you do?

The 4 year rookie contract and subsequent supermax rookie extension adding another 4 only available to essentially the team that drafted you.

Like if you turn down the rookie supermax extension you would have to have out of this world endorsements because the difference is HUGE

It is tough for a young kid to turn down the difference of a supermax rookie vs signing somewhere else, the difference is like $45-$50 mill I believe at that age.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
of course this was not the story we were told with him coming into being drafted. People said he was one of the most humble blue chip prospects in a while, ect ect

Who knows exactly what his deal is. But what I find interesting about that team is they always seem to have good pieces, they just can't put it together.

CJ-Ingram-Jones-Zion-Jval is interesting AF, I would love to actually be able to see it
Maybe he ate too much of the humble pie

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
All Zion does is eat and not work out. He doesn't get foot injuries, he causes them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Boggles my mind he only has 85 career games. He has definitely shown some flashes of greatness but he needs to get out of his own way!

Sep 19, 2008
As said in another thread people like Zion and Ben Simmons are the problem with the league. This is the biggest issue, players not playing. It overwhelms the media and makes their ego bigger than the game.

Media: DOES ZION WANT OUT? WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING?

Media: DOES BEN SIMMONS WANT TO PLAY THIS YEAR? WILL HE?

Media: KYRIE VACCINATION STATUS NY

The NBA is about the player and not the team. Players selfishly look out for their own interests constantly, i.e. Harden, Simmons, Zion, and pout about their situation to the point where they get traded.

I'm not naive. The same thing happens in the NFL. But less often. In the NBA these things happen and they are blown into public consciousness by the "lame stream media" WHY IS ZION UNHAPPY?

How about you report on the game and not frivolous INDIVIDUAL storylines?

Reactions: BigRedWings

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No ones demonstrates how it is actually a problem for the league though.

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
He doesn't want out. You guys have all been saying how great he is for three years. I hope a guy I like gets out so he can play in the second round someday.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's a gigantic issue in terms of league perception from the fans. The fans didn't pay to see Zion sit all season.
No it’s not. The ratings are exploding this postseason. It’s an unfortunate but non-factor.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There is no doubt. They have. It isn’t an opinion. The Celtics and Nets was the most watched first round series since 2016 and that was a sweep. What you’re saying is a major problem is simply a minor inconvenience if not only a mild curiosity. As long as the No-name teams aren’t losing the NBA shit loads of money (which is why they intervened with the Sixers but don’t for the Kings), they could care less about players taking advantage of them as long as it creates talking points and interest.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Zion would take the money if they offer him 5 year max but I think Pelicans should seriously consider trading him. They have a good thing going after that playoff run and are loaded with picks from the Davis and Holiday trades including number 8 this year. Even if they keep Zion and he puts up Barkley 2.0 stats he could be a douche who forces his way out in 2 years and only took the extension to secure the bag.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I agree, I think the season and postseason as a whole showed that this pelican team can compete and grow without Zion. I'd say trade him, get some more assets and players, then continue to build the core.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
I agree with trading Zion, but trading at this lowest value and with the most questions is a risky thing right now. All the reasons the Pels wanna sell would be the reasons buying teams would be hesitant to pay top dollar.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not sure he wants out but wanting to sign an extension really isn’t an indicator of anything either. He’s well aware he can force his way whenever he wants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad