GDT: The I Think We Can Leafs vs. The Train Wreck Habs on Legend Row Night HNIC 7-Jan23

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
solid showing tonight. took a bit but hung in there and gave a great effort in front of the home crowd on a special night.

mikebel111*

In most games. We play pretty good but always have slow starts for like 10 minutes and than we start playing well. Not sure what it is.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
I can only imagine if bernier had that game lol. The tale of cult reimer.
Good team effort.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I can only imagine if bernier had that game lol. The tale of cult reimer.
Good team effort.

This post. Just so salty of Reimer's success. Such a small memory of last year that no matter Reimer did it was criticized.

Then throws in the good team effort. Lol.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
This post. Just so salty of Reimer's success. Such a small memory of last year that no matter Reimer did it was criticized.

Then throws in the good team effort. Lol.

Oh yes Eb exactly. I think most people here remember his game 7 antics as well. Nothing you say can make that performance justifiable. The reason why we got bernier in the first place was because of game 7. If he gets through that we wouldn't have tried to replace him. But no eb its a massive conspiracy, you are right.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Man, they played hard for the most part (not impressed with Bozak's effort level). I don't think the 2014-15 Leafs' team played any game as hard as last night's effort. It was like a playoff effort.

Marincin's game is picking up.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I've never been to a game with so many opposing fans in attendance.
Poor Keon, didn't get nearly the applause he deserved. Too many Hab fans sitting on their hands, it was pretty quiet compared to other events.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Oh yes Eb exactly. I think most people here remember his game 7 antics as well. Nothing you say can make that performance justifiable. The reason why we got bernier in the first place was because of game 7. If he gets through that we wouldn't have tried to replace him. But no eb its a massive conspiracy, you are right.

Yes lets focus on Game 7 and not #1-6 when he was arguably the best player on the ice and the only reason the Leafs got to Game 7 in the first place. And you could blame our lame duck soft defense just as much as Reimer's "rebound control" as you want.

Between Healy and other hack reporters fans bit on the spin that "OH NO THE TEAM WAS FINE, CARLYLE IS GOOD, REIMER IS ALL WE NEEED TO CHANGE TO GET BETTER" and even then, our doofus GM just gets another middling potential goalie instead of just solving the problem, cause he's an idiot. Carlyle is just as much at fault as our D is, didn't bother using his last timeout when he had all the chance in the world to, when his team was panicking and the whole reason he was brought in was to be the veteran playoff guy who could steer the youth through.

But no, it was Reimer's single game performance that lost us the game and not a goalie returning back to earth after carrying the team.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I want to comment on that OT.

3v3 is just so sick. One whistle? Two?

I thought it was pretty good, maybe not the best way to finish a game, but it is better than the shoot out, at least 3-3 is a team game, the shoot out is just an exciting flip of the coin and no way to win or lose a game.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I thought it was pretty good, maybe not the best way to finish a game, but it is better than the shoot out, at least 3-3 is a team game, the shoot out is just an exciting flip of the coin and no way to win or lose a game.

I hate the shootout. I don't call it the shootout, I call it the crap shoot.
Can't blame the boys or Reimer's good work, I don't even consider it a loss, just a tie.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Oh yes Eb exactly. I think most people here remember his game 7 antics as well.

I do hope you paint Gardner who was deer staring into the highlights on the winning goal in overtime, and the gaffs by Phaneuf, or the fact that the leafs were outshot 18-3 after Toronto scored their 4th goal.

and of course Chara was screening Reimer for most of the rest of that period with any play in the leafs zone.

So do you paint everyone with that brush on game 7? because there was alot of goats - the team basically collapsed and went from forechecking and playing a strong speed game that Boston could not handle, to sitting back and letting Boston come to them.

but CLEARLY it's all the goaltender who at the time just turned 25 a month prior to that .. right?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I thought we pretty much owned them after sleepwalking through the first period. We have to start waking up when the puck drops.

The Habs are in serious trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad