GDT: The I Think We Can Leafs vs. The Train Wreck Habs on Legend Row Night HNIC 7-Jan23

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Goalie wins are just as good a measure of performance as pitcher wins in baseball - terrible.

He's giving us loser point after loser point that we don't deserve.

you don't think we deserved at least a point? After the 1st period we were either better or equal to them.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I could take this loss, no problem, with Price in net for the Habs. The Leafs, as bad as they are, couldn't find a way to beat a team with a no-name goalie in net. Disgusting! :rant:

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Goalie wins are just as good a measure of performance as pitcher wins in baseball - terrible.

He's giving us loser point after loser point that we don't deserve.

loser point lol... if he was 12-1 in his last 13 then he would have helped earn the team 24 points... but instead he's contributed to a just couple of points because he can't get a win for the life of him.. you should be happy not mad if you're on board the tank train

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
The absolute last thing we need is the Habs missing the playoffs and winning a top 3 pick, let them squeak in and go nowhere like usual. Good game, good result.
Last thing we need is the Habs getting into the playoffs at the Pens expense.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
it's so hard to score goals now that bad teams can hang in there with better teams way too much.
They must do something about the goalie equipment or make the nets bigger..
And the games would be much more exciting.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Couldnt even get the motivation to win against the habs. Hardly any shots on goal this team is just mentally defeated.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
So, is Reimer really this good?
Has his rebound control and overall play gotten so much better or is he just going thru a hot streak?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Has his rebound control and overall play gotten so much better or is he just going thru a hot streak?

There is nothing about his game that looks like a hot streak to me. Obviously his numbers are expected to come down a little with a bad game here or there but he seems very legit. Most likely we lose him to UFA and watch him dominate next year+ while Bernier fights off center ice flip ins. Reimer leaving will set the rebuild back 2+ years at this point.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

Rebound control is about the same as its always been.

His stronger play has been the result of less flopping around and the team usually gives up less quality chances than prior years.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
"Gave them the day off yesterday - that won't happen again"
"Clune was our best player"
- Babcock

lol

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Rebound control is about the same as its always been.

His stronger play has been the result of less flopping around and the team usually gives up less quality chances than prior years.

That is very unfair imo, his rebound control/lack of flopping is directly due to his improved technical play. He isn't over reacting as much and trusting himself to make the 1st save despite not being in the perfect position.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
That is very unfair imo, his rebound control/lack of flopping is directly due to his improved technical play. He isn't over reacting as much and trusting himself to make the 1st save despite not being in the perfect position.

He can still have really good technical style, but still give up rebounds. And by that I mean, he can be square to a shooter that's shooting glove hand and he can be in good position and not catch it and give up a rebound.

I don't think it's improved that much. Maybe a bit, but nothing too noticeable.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Disagree, he's catching and freezing the puck much more effectively.

I wouldn't say that his glove hand is still really strong.

I could count at least 3 or 4 times where he tried to catch it in his glove and it bounced out or deflected off the tip.

mikebel111*

"Gave them the day off yesterday - that won't happen again"
"Clune was our best player"
- Babcock

lol

He doesn't look like a happy man. Hand in there Babs, things will get better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad