The Hodgson, Duchene and Grachev Thread

spennygg18

Nov 12, 2008
Sure he's talented..but the second best prospect in hockey? I disagree

he may be the 2nd best PROSPECT but this list does not include the likes of Stamkos,Doughty,Schenn,Bogo,etc.. This list is strictly for players ya haven't played or played very little

trademasterb*

Sorry but 85% of the GM's in the league are going to take Grachev every time over those two guys. 6'3, 210 pound forwards who skate like the wind and have those kind of offensive skills don't grow on trees. The NHL GM is going to go for the power forward unless the smaller player is a franchise talent. Neither of those other two prospects are franchise talents.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Can you grace us with any scouting reports on Grachev? From the bits of highlights I've seen, it really looks like he's a giant among boys but that's not going to be the case at the next level. Any info on his mental makeup & maturity? He clearly has all the physical tools to make it big but does he have the drive & work ethic?

I don't claim to know really know about his drive and work ethic, but in interviews, he has basically stated that all he really thinks about or wants to do is play hockey

gare joyce

Sep 7, 2007
Well, first, like I said, if you're projecting, Grachev will play at a fair bit more than 210 in three years time, never mind his prime.

From the few times I've talked to him, he seems like a very personable kid who has brought zero attitude & zero baggage to Brampton. Seems to have a good sense of humour. Very coachable, very respectful to coaches, polite to outsiders. I had a talk with him about Cherepanov and you could tell he was deeply affected by his death. Believe me, the Rangers scouts I've talked to couldn't be happier with what he's done. I don't think they were too surprised, mind you.

CallMeJerry

Apr 15, 2007
Well, first, like I said, if you're projecting, Grachev will play at a fair bit more than 210 in three years time, never mind his prime.

From the few times I've talked to him, he seems like a very personable kid who has brought zero attitude & zero baggage to Brampton. Seems to have a good sense of humour. Very coachable, very respectful to coaches, polite to outsiders. I had a talk with him about Cherepanov and you could tell he was deeply affected by his death. Believe me, the Rangers scouts I've talked to couldn't be happier with what he's done. I don't think they were too surprised, mind you.

Thanks for your input!

Falcons93

Nov 30, 2008
Sorry but 85% of the GM's in the league are going to take Grachev every time over those two guys. 6'3, 210 pound forwards who skate like the wind and have those kind of offensive skills don't grow on trees. The NHL GM is going to go for the power forward unless the smaller player is a franchise talent. Neither of those other two prospects are franchise talents.

worst post ever, for so many reasons.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Evgeny "The Battleship" Grachev ends the season with 3 assists in the 5-4SO win giving him 40G/40A and just passing Duchene in scoring at 13th in the OHL :handclap:

All that after a slow start to adjust to the NA game.

Can't wait to see what he will do in the playoffs in the big games...

spennygg18

Nov 12, 2008
Evgeny "The Battleship" Grachev ends the season with 3 assists in the 5-4SO win giving him 40G/40A and just passing Duchene in scoring at 13th in the OHL :handclap:

All that after a slow start to adjust to the NA game.

Can't wait to see what he will do in the playoffs in the big games...

im tellin ya he reminds me of Jagr

spennygg18

Nov 12, 2008
i think brampton would be a lock for the memorial cup if JVR was on the team

Gratchev-Duchene-Kang
JVR-Hodgson-Peluso

that would have been tough to beat

TheFirstSaviour

May 22, 2008
Vancouver/Basel
I think all three are exceptional talents. From a Canucks fan perspective, however, I wouldn't trade Hodgson for either right now. He reminds me a lot of Mike Richards and will hopefully one day fill the Trevor Linden sized hole in our community. Great kid, great leadership, great talent, great potential.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Hodgson with Brampton Player of the Year award, most sportsmanlike player award, and Don Hadley Memorial award (fan favorite).

Duchene with Top Scholastic player award.

Grachev with top rookie honors as the rookie of the year.

:handclap:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Grachev with 2 goals and 2 assists tonight. Duchene had 2 goals and Hodgson had 4 assists. All average prospects.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
All are great prospects... Vancouver is lucky to get Cody..

RANGERS you guys are so lucky that you picked gravchev at such a steal....

both will become good players for their teams.

gd7

Jun 1, 2008
Kelowna
except the OP asked for input, not "too early to tell", thanks for coming out though.

so telling the truth is now against the rules? people are so rude when they could use some creative humor, like this guy:

booooorrrrrr :shakeheadinggggggg

Nobody has a crystal ball. I would like to think that Cody Hodgson will be one of the Cnauck's best players in the next five years. Yet in reality, I don't know. What I do know is that Hodgson has good speed/acceleration, a wicked shot, sick passing abilities, unbelievable character, hockey sense, and clutch ability. Grachev competes hard, has decent hockey IQ, has a first rate shot, can pass extremely well, skates faster than 95% of the players in the OHL, and seems to have very good character. Duchene is perhaps the best skater of the three (easily better than Hodgson, not sure about Grachev), has a good shot, passes like nobody's business, excellent hockey IQ.... blah blah blah. If you want my opinion, I think its a tie. Yet I'll probably be called useless or something for saying that. How can you compare three players with totally different play styles and are all at different points in their development? You can't. They all have similar yet different qualities to them.

If you cannot handle the truth, don't insult people.

Loto68

Aug 12, 2006
Boston
im tellin ya he reminds me of Jagr

Physically he reminds me of Jagr. His still of play can at times be Jagr like. But remember Jagr is one of the greatest talents in the history of the game, we must be very careful in comparing people to him.

Loto68

Aug 12, 2006
Boston
anyone but me think that grachev's 7.5C is wayto low?

I've been waiting for quite a while now for the Rangers Top 20 to be updated and for players to get an increase in rating for once. I can't think of a Single Rangers prospect in the last 2 years who the Rangers writer hasn't believe proven their talent to be lower than initially thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad