The Habs Lounge Thread XVI: ALL HAIL THE TWINS Edition (Mod Warning: post 379)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So... any cooks here?

Is it possible to fry brown rice noodle? Just seems to stick to the pan. Random question I know but I figure if somebody knows what they hell they're doing it would be nice to know. :)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So... any cooks here?

Is it possible to fry brown rice noodle? Just seems to stick to the pan. Random question I know but I figure if somebody knows what they hell they're doing it would be nice to know. :)

Yo, I'm the dedicated chef 'round these parts.

Yes, but everything "brown rice" takes a lot more time to cook. What have you done ?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
if you don't get a contract you're getting screwed

but as I said, if you get a contract you're also getting screwed so it's actually the same

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
if you don't get a contract you're getting screwed

but as I said, if you get a contract you're also getting screwed so it's actually the same

No its not. By buying you can choose your contract and go with public mobile or chat r and save hundreds of dollars in a year.

My friend was paying upwards to 200$ a month with his bell plan (of course was using the internet a lot) while I was getting the same service for 60$ a month.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
No its not. By buying you can choose your contract and go with public mobile or chat r and save hundreds of dollars in a year.

My friend was paying upwards to 200$ a month with his bell plan (of course was using the internet a lot) while I was getting the same service for 60$ a month.

your friend had no idea how to do basic math if he was paying that much :laugh:

anyway i'm a special case, i'm on my dads bell employee plan so I pay 35% less than y'all, it kinda helps

but still, I don't have the actual numbers for public mobile and chat-r nor the will to calculate that **** again, but because of the CRTC there are no magical fairytale here.

Same goes for internet, I use Electrobox and it's a LITTLE cheaper than bell and videotron but not by that much, and it pretty much only works if you don't care about cable tv

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yo, I'm the dedicated chef 'round these parts.

Yes, but everything "brown rice" takes a lot more time to cook. What have you done ?
I cook it al dente. I wash the pasta and then oil up the wok. But the noodles just seem to get destroyed when I try to fry 'em up.

I'm guessing brown rice noodles just aren't for frying apart from with other stir fry ingredients right at the end. The stir fry is wicked with them I just figured it would be delicious to fry them first but brown rice noodle is tricky.

Anways, stir fries are awesome. :)

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I pay 35$ a month for my cell plan, unlimited everything but no internet, which I get from wi-fi prettty much everywhere anyway.

Honnêtement les cell c'est l'innovation que je déteste le plus. Tout le monde est tout le temps fixer dessus, t'emmène du monde de la ville dans le bois pis tabarnac ils passent la soirée sur le bord du feu à regarder leur criss de cellulaire, pis là t'as des moitiés de conversation awkward, tu fais une joke à qqun mais finalement il regardait facebook sur son cell pis y'as comprit la joke à moitié so ben y'as un silence...

Pis l'autre soir j'étais à un bachelor, on arrive au resto, je regarde le menu pis là je m'apprêtre à en pousser une ptite, tsé, mais là le trois quart de la gang, ben y regardaient leur criss de cell. So là, ben tu perds le momentum...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I pay 35$ a month for my cell plan, unlimited everything but no internet, which I get from wi-fi prettty much everywhere anyway.

Honnêtement les cell c'est l'innovation que je déteste le plus. Tout le monde est tout le temps fixer dessus, t'emmène du monde de la ville dans le bois pis tabarnac ils passent la soirée sur le bord du feu à regarder leur criss de cellulaire, pis là t'as des moitiés de conversation awkward, tu fais une joke à qqun mais finalement il regardait facebook sur son cell pis y'as comprit la joke à moitié so ben y'as un silence...

Pis l'autre soir j'étais à un bachelor, on arrive au resto, je regarde le menu pis là je m'apprêtre à en pousser une ptite, tsé, mais là le trois quart de la gang, ben y regardaient leur criss de cell. So là, ben tu perds le momentum...

Lol you're crazy :laugh:

But what you're saying still works. I hate the fixation that people have around this little thing. Sure, I'm always on my phone at work, but that's just because I'm bored AF and I can't stand these *******s anymore :laugh:. IDGAF about my cellphone when I'm around people I like and sometimes, it gets awk af.

I cook it al dente. I wash the pasta and then oil up the wok. But the noodles just seem to get destroyed when I try to fry 'em up.

I'm guessing brown rice noodles just aren't for frying apart from with other stir fry ingredients right at the end. The stir fry is wicked with them I just figured it would be delicious to fry them first but brown rice noodle is tricky.

Anways, stir fries are awesome. :)

Is it noodles or pasta ? What kind ? If they're brown rice vermicelli, usually you'd want to cook those in hot water/broth and not in oil.

Are you trying to achieve crispyness with the vermicelli ?

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
your friend had no idea how to do basic math if he was paying that much :laugh:

anyway i'm a special case, i'm on my dads bell employee plan so I pay 35% less than y'all, it kinda helps

but still, I don't have the actual numbers for public mobile and chat-r nor the will to calculate that **** again, but because of the CRTC there are no magical fairytale here.

Same goes for internet, I use Electrobox and it's a LITTLE cheaper than bell and videotron but not by that much, and it pretty much only works if you don't care about cable tv

I really dont use LTE that much so now I'm paying for unlimited calls and texts for 38.75$ tax included a month.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Is it noodles or pasta ? What kind ? If they're brown rice vermicelli, usually you'd want to cook those in hot water/broth and not in oil.

Are you trying to achieve crispyness with the vermicelli ?
Nah man... Fettuccine. It's delicious!

It doesn't need to be fried, it's good adding it at the end but I was just curious because it doesn't really behave like regular pasta.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So I just helped one of the teams in my fantasy league **** with this guy and she (thanks, me) just flipped Plekanec from her team for...

Ryan Getzlaf.

Yes... Plekanec for Ryan ****ing Getzlaf. What in the ****?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So I just helped one of the teams in my fantasy league **** with this guy and she (thanks, me) just flipped Plekanec from her team for...

Ryan Getzlaf.

Yes... Plekanec for Ryan ****ing Getzlaf. What in the ****?
Does your league have veto power? No way that should be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad