The Habs Lounge Thread XVI: ALL HAIL THE TWINS Edition (Mod Warning: post 379)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Cellphone coverage should be extended across the whole metro network. Would make my early morning commutes less boring...

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Cellphone coverage should be extended across the whole metro network. Would make my early morning commutes less boring...

i'm guessing it's not worth it yet, keep in mind that the city is ran by 50+ year old people who probably still tape Le Temps d'Une Paix on VHS

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
i'm guessing it's not worth it yet, keep in mind that the city is ran by 50+ year old people who probably still tape Le Temps d'Une Paix on VHS

:laugh:

Why wouldn't it be worth it? If the yellow line can have cellphone reception, the rest of the orange/green lines can have it. Worst is Sherbrooke has reception, but Bonaveutre, one of the busiest stations, doesn't. Stupid metro built 100 m under ground.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
they're also working on fixing Papineau and Décarie and Turcot, and that for the past 150 years

"we're working on it" is Montreal's true motto

68*

Also make some 1st class trains. Only people who can get on them would be people that pay an extra fee. The last thing I want when I finish class at 5 is to be packed like sardines. I deserve better than this ****.

Inb4 bourgeois comments.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Y'all should just be happy you have a metro. We have to wait for a late old ass bus in the rain/super cold weather.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
They all want us to use the transit system but the system itself is not very efficient. I use a combination of both as I drive to the Park and Ride in Gatineau and jump on the "Rapibus" which was dubbed Rapibust when it came into service 2 years ago. You are just crammed into a bus and off you go. Since I drive to the park and ride, I always have a seat and the way home, I walk a couple of extra blocks to catch the bus at an "earlier" stop so I can have a seat for the commute. The buses are almost always packed but I get home in a total of 45 minutes instead of probably 1H15 minutes driving to work. Bus costs me something like $81 dollars as opposed to a minimum of $200 for downtown parking. Factor in gas and mileage added to the car, busing in to work makes more sense.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Also make some 1st class trains. Only people who can get on them would be people that pay an extra fee. The last thing I want when I finish class at 5 is to be packed like sardines. I deserve better than this ****.

Inb4 bourgeois comments.

**** that.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Worst thing I hated about taking the metros is when it's pretty hot and some people "forget" to shower or use deodorant.

Also, winters where everyone has a cold and touch everything.

Inb4 bourgeois comments.

This would lead to some VERY chaotic scenarios and just a **** load of **** ups waiting to happen.

68*

This would lead to some VERY chaotic scenarios and just a **** load of **** ups waiting to happen.

Yeah lol. Every 15 minutes a new bunch of people arrive so my idea would not work. But they seriously need to come up with a solution. I hate smelling smelly people like you said and having no room. I would pay extra money for better service.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, its just a meaningless pre season game and not even against them, just in Québec City, and all that nordiques talk is already annoying. Can't imagine how it will be once they come back lol

Hey are you gonna be a Nordicks fan if they come back or still a Habs fan?

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
My grandad, who transfered his passion for the habs to me, used to wake up in the middle of the night just to hate Michel Bergeron. To this day, he switch the channel when Bergeron is speaking.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Y'all know i take public. I am on publix right now! Wish there was more train service. Trains are where it is at yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad