The Habs Lounge Thread XIX: First World Problems Galore - Invasion of the Smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I could make a long list.

I'm willing to hear you out. Let's agree that canning meat is pure evil by definition

Edit: Another rule -> The food itself has to be minimally good in canned form. Just so much better fresh

Go ahead. Let's discuss

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
I'm willing to hear you out. Let's agree that canning meat is pure evil by definition

Edit: Another rule -> The food itself has to be minimally good in canned form. Just so much better fresh

Go ahead. Let's discuss

I think Zaide was saying that there was a long list of foods better than a ripe peach, but I could be wrong.

Peaches are one of my least favorite fruits. A nectarine though, now you're talking :nod:

My go to fruit is Granny Smith apples but they are not always good. They need to be hard and acid, not soft and sweet.

Greenish bananas as well. If the banana's not showing any green on it, I won't eat it but I'll use it in a banana bread.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I think Zaide was saying that there was a long list of foods better than a ripe peach, but I could be wrong.

Peaches are one of my least favorite fruits. A nectarine though, now you're talking :nod:

My go to fruit is Granny Smith apples but they are not always good. They need to be hard and acid, not soft and sweet.

Greenish bananas as well. If the banana's not showing any green on it, I won't eat it but I'll use it in a banana bread.

Green bananas are disgusting. They're better when they're all yellow, with no brown.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009

Actually that wasn't the list I understood at all. In my mind it was about canned vs. fresh (assuming the food is actually good in canned form)

The best food period is just too vast and subjective. No way in hell we get anywhere in that discussion...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bananas. Yellow. Grapefruit, 50 cents doesn't know what they are.

I'm in Carrefour Laval ATM. Feels bad man.

I'm also talking to a new girl. She has me in a hard spot conversation wise.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
A breakdown of the food groups might help in categorizing what thou considers the best.

Nectarines, peaches, apricots all good. Green bananas, but not too green, are very tasty, and nor gross.:)

Cookies...not so good but are we separating unprocessed vs processed?

Off to eat maki rolls......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad