OT: The Habs Lounge Thread XII: Who keeps closing threads without opening a new one???

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
I felt the same way when I did my INTERNSHIP at an office. They made me feel bad for not working overtime.... I hate it when bosses do that.

I mean, you want to work 70h a week? Fine, it's your business... If you can make it by without hiring more people, good for you, it's more money in your pockets... but some people have other priorities than work. When I leave the office, I don't think about work. That's where my cutoff is. Working weekends in an office business just isn't for me.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
whether we weather the weather depends on the weather......

Are tornadoes typical in May in NB?

When I think of Environment Canada, I recall that Rick Mercer sketch...minus 1.:)

Another point: you never hear of weather women but weather girls...albeit the first one does sound too much like a comic book heroine.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
alderaannavy_fullpic_1.jpg

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
If conditions are favourable in may, tornadoes can happen. From what I know, reported tornadoes are rare in NB. It remains to be seen if what's in the picture was an actual funnel cloud. I'm not working so I'm not super aware of the actual setup but I don't think it was a setup for tornadoes.

That Rick Mercer sketch was awesome. We all loved it at work, probably because we felt like it was true lol.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
I cannot recall the Maritimes being favourable for tornadic activity. Alas there are always hurricanes.

I will settle for a good ole fashioned thunderstorm on the prairies or in the mountains....

cuz I love a rainy night....:handclap:

Stupid pop ups. Grrrrr

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Coworker pretty much confirmed that the picture I posted a few posts up wasn't a funnel cloud. Meteorology is fun.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Coworker pretty much confirmed that the picture I posted a few posts up wasn't a funnel cloud. Meteorology is fun.

how is that not a funnel cloud? :laugh:

tornadoes have been more common in Ottawa... small tornadoes, but I've heard of more in the last two years than I have in the five before it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i've never seen a tornado or funnel cloud in person, so whenever i see a cloud like that, i just automatically assume it's a tornado/funnel cloud.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Tried out a new barber today. Man did he do a great job. Seamless fade in my hair all for around 20 bucks.

68*

Does anyone know how much you need to pay the city to lower the sidewalk in front of your house for a parking space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad