OT: The Habs Lounge Thread XII: Who keeps closing threads without opening a new one???

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I need around 7. Not terrible imo. I have been having the weirdest reverse effect on my tiredness of lack thereof at the end of the day. I start really tired and whe I finish I am not tired at all.

i can function on 3-4 hours, but obviously, i'd prefer more than that. who wouldn't? i usually get 5-7 hours of sleep on weekdays and 8+ on weekends, though.

I used to go out on Saturday nights and open at 6am on Sunday, sometimes I did it on 0 hours of sleep

i used to work on no sleep as well... not fun :laugh: and that was back before i started drinking coffee.

that feel when you want to skip the school part and just get a real job already :( luckily with business admin i can find something i'll enjoy in the field that's less boring than accounting.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I used to want school to end and work a job.

Then I get a job. I now miss school, seeing my friends every day and doing stupid kid things.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I used to want school to end and work a job.

Then I get a job. I now miss school, seeing my friends every day and doing stupid kid things.

Can't do both ? All my friends work in construction, I work 40 hours a week and go to school, yet we find time for eachothers. Obviously, we rarely get the whole gang to meet, but when we do it's the best time we have in months.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Can't do both ? All my friends work in construction, I work 40 hours a week and go to school, yet we find time for eachothers. Obviously, we rarely get the whole gang to meet, but when we do it's the best time we have in months.

With three kids, it becomes hard to do. I still have my best friend from high school, who I see on a weekly basis but hanging out is no longer a daily ritual.

I do spend some time with a good group of people, but it's due to a wrestling promotion I am a part of and my family is always in attendance. As you described it, it's always a blast when that day comes. But yeah, with a family my days are spent mostly around them when I'm not at work.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With three kids, it becomes hard to do. I still have my best friend from high school, who I see on a weekly basis but hanging out is no longer a daily ritual.

I do spend some time with a good group of people, but it's due to a wrestling promotion I am a part of and my family is always in attendance. As you described it, it's always a blast when that day comes. But yeah, with a family my days are spent mostly around them when I'm not at work.

Hah, kids.

Yeah, I don't have kids :laugh: This might change some things.

Then again, me and my friends are a tightly knit group of people, we have a facebook conversation that all 6 of us post daily on and we've had it for 5 years :laugh: The cringe worthy pictures and stories on that conversation though

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Oh **** offfff

KzU1y6X.jpg

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Have to share with some folks...

I work as a Notary in a small rural office. I'm not an associate or shareholder, just an employee, really. Months of May, June, July are the busiest season, so I tend to work extra hours these months (something like 45h a week instead of the 37,5h I'm supposed to.

Now, one of the support staff members is gone on pregnancy leave since April 1st and my boss didn't see fit to hire someone, "because the busy season was ahead, so no time to train someone"...

I won't contest that I'm usually the lazy type, but living 30 min. from the office, I hate coming home around 7:30, 8 (and that's when I'm not going to the grocery store or such), but I think it's normal that in those conditions, I value my weekends immensely. This morning, my boss asked (read: TOLD) me to work on Saturday. Considering my GF moved in last month and that I haven't had a single day to myself since (she starts working this Saturday), is it normal that I think it's rude and inconsiderate from my boss to ask me this?

I mean, I know I'm not with the government, but is it really that much to expect weekends to be offlimits regarding work?

Anyways, sorry for the long post, just felt like sharing something that's got me upset since this morning.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Have to share with some folks...

I work as a Notary in a small rural office. I'm not an associate or shareholder, just an employee, really. Months of May, June, July are the busiest season, so I tend to work extra hours these months (something like 45h a week instead of the 37,5h I'm supposed to.

Now, one of the support staff members is gone on pregnancy leave since April 1st and my boss didn't see fit to hire someone, "because the busy season was ahead, so no time to train someone"...

I won't contest that I'm usually the lazy type, but living 30 min. from the office, I hate coming home around 7:30, 8 (and that's when I'm not going to the grocery store or such), but I think it's normal that in those conditions, I value my weekends immensely. This morning, my boss asked (read: TOLD) me to work on Saturday. Considering my GF moved in last month and that I haven't had a single day to myself since (she starts working this Saturday), is it normal that I think it's rude and inconsiderate from my boss to ask me this?

I mean, I know I'm not with the government, but is it really that much to expect weekends to be offlimits regarding work?

Anyways, sorry for the long post, just felt like sharing something that's got me upset since this morning.

I felt the same way when I did my INTERNSHIP at an office. They made me feel bad for not working overtime.... I hate it when bosses do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad