Post-Game Talk: The Habs are bad and they should feel bad. Blow lead and lose 3-2 in OT vs BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
There are a lot of good things about our team. But I envy you guys for having a GM that goes out and gets offensive players. Sure it didn't work out with Moulson. But Skinner and Sheary more than make up for it.

Murray vs Botterill. One is a great young progressive GM brilliant with the cap the other was a buffoon who dealt 2 1sts In the elite 2015 draft among other atrocious deals.

So happy to see JKot doing great. Did not think he could make the jump right after being drafted but he has. Future ppg center. Him and Domi vs Eichel and Skinner will be epic for the next 7 years.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah right.

I dont think youd want to trade him after scoring his 17th goal.

So he's too good to trade away, that's why we shouldn't have traded for him is your logic?

Well then, we can trade another offensive player. It's called getting assets so you're later in a position of of strength, of having plenty of assets and can trade for positions of need, instead of having to cut off your arm to save your leg.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A faceoff win isn’t a good offensive play.

It's a pretty important offensive play on the pp, when the alternative is losing the draw, having the puck cleared and losing 20 seconds of pp time.

Danault is like Shaw in that he generates offense, not by using high end skill. The faceoff tonight, creating turnovers in the offensive and neutral zone with his speed and relentless forecheck have been creating chances all year long. I think he's a better offensive player than he looks, because he's not flashy.

Having said that, when the time is right, he'll be a good 3c. KK and Domi will be #1 and #2. Lehkonen Danault and Byron will put up respectable offensive numbers as a 3rd line. They have so far when they've been together. It was Danault and Byron's production playing together on the 4th line that got each of them off the 4th line to begin with.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs have a lot of holes and weaknesses but Philip Danault is neither.

Well said. There's so much else to fix, the last thing I'm worried about is two-way reliable Danault. There were not many centers or dmen available this summer that could provide the extra offense we need. There were a ton of wingers available for virtually nothing. We saw 2 of them tonight get in on all of Buffalo's goals. They would have given us that extra offense we could use.

Reactions: Tyson
Apr 28, 2010
So he's too good to trade away, that's why we shouldn't have traded for him is your logic?

Well then, we can trade another offensive player. It's called getting assets so you're later in a position of of strength, of having plenty of assets and can trade for positions of need, instead of having to cut off your arm to save your leg.

Man, you need to chill.

Ridiculous how you're so riled up not having Skinner in our lineup. He wouldn't fix ****.

Reactions: teamfirst

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
And now Shea, with his game recap ...

[
gWRR8eN.gif

Is the last word he says, "sister"? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Randomhero

Sep 13, 2008
Watch Weber get injured again right away... does he have a plan to fix this defence?
Thats pure conjecture. Why are you down on a guy we CLEARLY need back before he even comes back? The minutes he eats, the added physicality he brings, and a legit PP threat from the point are all things that can help this defense.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Benn with 25 minutes tonight, this guy ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Benn-Petry is clearly a thing in Julien's head.

Mete will get sent to the AHL, he's barely playing.

?????-Weber
Benn-Petry
?????-Juulsen

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Man, you need to chill.

Ridiculous how you're so riled up not having Skinner in our lineup. He wouldn't fix ****.

I'm very riled up. Not at you. I apologize if my emotions are coming accross as disrespectful. It's just after seeing Radulov, Subban, Markov etc... be taken for granted it aggravates me that this GM takes offensive talent for granted. I was very aggravated this summer when he passed on Skinner, Duclair, Perron, and others. I know it's what he does. But it was put right in our face tonight. So my emotions are fresh. Remember, we're talking about a GM who the year we got bounced in the first round to the Rangers because we couldn't score called that year a success which brought a lot of excitement to the fans. He then proceeded to low ball Radulov and Markov and get Alzner.... But hey, it's ok we passed on Skinner, Duclair, etc... We got Armia and Peca. Yeah that makes sense.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad