The Habs 4th Line

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I remember in JM days our 4th line seemed an afterthought, a mishmash of journeymen forwards, diminutive defencemen and assorted spare parts.

Prust - White - Parros on the other hand, has character and an identity.

Will this be our 4th? How many games will Parros play?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
it also isn't a very good 4th line. White is over-glorified and Parros is a 13th forward. For a team that likes to roll 4 lines, I hope we get some improvement.

Nova_Scotia_Vees

Jun 1, 2004
They will keep the other team honest and i can't see a better 4th line out there for us.
Not to mention the locker room.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
it also isn't a very good 4th line. White is over-glorified and Parros is a 13th forward. For a team that likes to roll 4 lines, I hope we get some improvement.

My thoughts exactly. Prust is the only player on that line that I'd trust to take a regular shift, as last season, he proved how effective he can be and what he can do.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I remember in JM days our 4th line seemed an afterthought, a mishmash of journeymen forwards, diminutive defencemen and assorted spare parts.

Prust - White - Parros on the other hand, has character and an identity.

Will this be our 4th? How many games will Parros play?

Prust on the 4th line is a waste of, well, Prust.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
White is good when he is on his game.
Parros is a 13th forward.
Prust on 4th is like what someone else said, a waste.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

I may be in the minority but I believe White could score some goals if he played with Prust.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
I may be in the minority but I believe White could score some goals if he played with Prust.

White is a real player when he's not being an idiot. No problem playing him as a regular.

Problem with Parros. He's awful at hockey, real hockey.

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Parros isnt a good hockey player, he's no more than a 13th forward. Same for White. Prust will play more on the 3rd because we'll always have someone injured on the top 9. And if Moen doesn't bounce back, we're looking at a pretty terrible 4th line.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Prust is the only "4th liner" on this team that has some degree of consistent effectiveness. White is prone to foolishness, Parros is washed up and wasn't good to begin with, and Moen has regressed in the "can play hockey" department ever since he cashed in his check.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Assuming Prust is on the 3rd line, the only solid 4th-line guy is White. Notwithstanding his brain-farts, he actually became a decent player. Good face-off skill, good forechecking, solid hitting. I like him.

After that... Dumont showed some offensive promise, although he's not a shutdown player. Moen... I really have no clue if there were issues, or if he simply declined. The pre-2013 Moen was a solid, smart 4th-liner. No idea which Travis we'll see in three months.

Parros is NOT qualified for regular shifts. Another trade incoming...

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I'm prepared to give Moen the benefit of the doubt as he didn't play anywhere during the lock-out and didn't get a pre-season. He wasn't the only bottom six forward in that situation who was underwhelming, many guys around the league were the same. Hopefully he'll be better this year with a full pre-season.

And I'll agree with the voices on Parros, he absolutely shouldn't be getting regular shifts.

Lionel Mandrake

Moen - Dumont - White/Perros

Prust on the 3rd line.

It's decent, not great. Depends on how Moen intends to play this year.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Prust is the only "4th liner" on this team that has some degree of consistent effectiveness. White is prone to foolishness, Parros is washed up and wasn't good to begin with, and Moen has regressed in the "can play hockey" department ever since he cashed in his check.

White will gain experience and Parros is a cowboy on his last rodeo. I wouldn't be as pessimistic as you. Parros will have a lot of heart. White will learn where to draw the line.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Let's see what Parros has. My impression is that he has become a Code Fighter only, and as such he doesn't bring any real value to any line, except you can always dress him against Orr just for some entertainment value. But you will just hurt yourself playing him every game, and effectively it will mean you don't have a 4th line at all, rather 3 spare forwards who get a shift or two every once in a while.

But I'm open to seeing if Parros can prove that wrong. It would be nice to have a 4th line that can play 10 minutes and occasionally throw some hits and generate some energy. I just haven't see Parros being a player that can do that anymore. Maybe he'll surprise me. It doesn't really hurt to try, we gave up essentially nothing for him and seem to have no other free agent designs, so would have an open roster spot while Emelin recovers with which to try him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad