The Habs 4th Line

KoZed

Mar 28, 2009
Q
Moen - Dumont/White - White/Parros.

Against quiet teams, play Dumont-White. Against rough teams, play White-Parros.

If Moen keeps sucking, scratch the ****er.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
White should be the regular 4th line center. They need to give him a chance to play. In Junior he was a 90 point man and 34 goal scorer for the Hitmen. In AHL he had season of 17 goal and 17 assist.

The Habs do not give him clear direction. He is doing everything to try and win a regular spot on this team. In doing so he steps over the line. Let him learn the role. He will fight and defend his team mates, how many others are willing to do that?

White has decent skills and can score some goals and kill penalties.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Appologies if this has been reported: Ex Habs 4th liner Chipchura signs multi year contract.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Parros?border line 4th liner but brings an edge to his game. Solid enforcer.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I remember in JM days our 4th line seemed an afterthought, a mishmash of journeymen forwards, diminutive defencemen and assorted spare parts.

Prust - White - Parros on the other hand, has character and an identity.

Will this be our 4th? How many games will Parros play?

Move Prust to the 3rd and Moen to the 4th and the team improves a lot.

Loving our 4th line now.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Move Prust to the 3rd and Moen to the 4th and the team improves a lot.

Loving our 4th line now.

I know you'd like a tough-to-play-against 4th line and I agree. But I prefer if top-down depth (improving our top nine) bumped Prust to a 4th line with White, rather than bringing Moen up. If Moen and Parros were to platoon on the 4th line/scratch that would be ideal IMHO.

I think Prust could also take some shifts on the top lines when games got physical late.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Rather simple;

Parros plays against Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa, Boston, and all the teams having a tough identity.

We sit him and put a quicker player against teams such as Detroit, TB and Florida where we don't actually need Parros/a HW fighter.

I foresee Parros playing around 60 games this season at least. Always been playing whole seasons/great number of games when healthy, even on decent Anaheim teams, it's not going to change under Therrien.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Rather simple;

Parros plays against Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa, Boston, and all the teams having a tough identity.

We sit him and put a quicker player against teams such as Detroit, TB and Florida where we don't actually need Parros/a HW fighter.

I foresee Parros playing around 60 games this season at least. Always been playing whole seasons/great number of games when healthy, even on decent Anaheim teams, it's not going to change under Therrien.

When Anahiem teams had decent depth and played him he was in his prime as a hockey player.

As of last year, he was arguably the worst forward at hockey on the worst team in the NHL.

Team like the Habs (i.e. team that isn't comparable to a garbage fire) should want to try and keep his time on ice below 200 minutes next season and only take him off the shelf when they really need their thugpower with counter-goon capability to be more than what Prust and White bring while being real hockey players. Like against the Leafs where you can afford to waste a roster spot on him because they'll waste two on Orr and McClaren.

Probably not a good idea against Ottawa unless you know they are rolling with a goon Prust/White can't handle. Ottawa has crazy depth of cheap scoring forwards that could burninate Parros.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
who knows how it will work out. i'm all for in the heat of battle fights and intimidation, Not so much into staged fights and young tough guys taking on Parros just because he's on the ice and it's time to show what you got. don't know enough about Parros too judge.

i just relate it to Larauque because he's at the end of his career and people actually want to fight him at this point, he's more a novelty.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I still think a centre like Smithson who make like 800K last yr, is a righty good on faceoffs, also plays wing, is 6'3, and dishes out hits would be good depth to have, since they haven't replaced Halpern and the team always some how picks up a vet 4th line centre. I don't think he's signed with anyone yet?

Moen - Smithson - White
Parros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad