The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Remember when Saad was first traded everyone said good trade, remember when he was brought back everyone said good trade, remember when he was traded away everyone said good trade, it’s like they are carbon copies of Bowman lol, all those trades were wrong, he should have never been traded to begin with, never should have been traded for after the fact and now for Zodorov shouldn’t have been traded, Stan is a joke.

The irony.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
A the usual "Q didn't do anything" nonsense

Also forgot to mention Forsling played 21:22 last night while being a +2 and Duclair picked up a goal

Duclair having himself a good year

38 GP
7 G
20 A
27 pts
+21
No. It's just the truth. Florida isn't led by Q. They are led by a top 5 center in the NHL, who has 16 goals in his last 20 games. They have some other guys like Duclair, having career years, too.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Everyone knows Q is a good coach. Does he make an impact? 100% but let’s not act like he took the terrible team and made them great.

I feel like Q is at his best when he's taking a good team over the finish line and getting the best out of them. Then he can do stuff like match lines, which he's great at. I have high expectations for the Panthers under him. It's too bad Ekblad is injured but I still think they'll do well.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
The ekblad injury will be very clear in the playoffs. Tough loss. Q is a fantastic coach people just got antsy here after one bad season (with a sold off roster) and now dont want to admit being wrong.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The ekblad injury will be very clear in the playoffs. Tough loss. Q is a fantastic coach people just got antsy here after one bad season (with a sold off roster) and now dont want to admit being wrong.
Ever heard of the old proverb "Fish and visitors stink after three days?"

Q was a great coach for the Hawks but every coach has a shelf life, and Q's was expired.
I think that's pretty much everyone's opinion.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Ever heard of the old proverb "Fish and visitors stink after three days?"

Q was a great coach for the Hawks but every coach has a shelf life, and Q's was expired.
I think that's pretty much everyone's opinion.
The team was turning over at the time anyway. Only Kane and Keith are left...

Edit- Murphy as well

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

I agree Q is a fantastic coach but I don't think he is the right coach for a rebuilding team. It's just a waste of his time and doesn't play to his strengths.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The team was turning over at the time anyway. Only Kane and Keith are left...

Edit- Murphy as well

It’s possible to think it was time for Q to leave while also thinking he’s a HOF coach. It wasn’t an off year. This stems back all the way to 2017 when they were inexcusably swept. Then in 2018 followed that up with lazy, stubborn, entitled play.

No need to rewrite history just because the Panthers are in a playoff spot.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
It’s possible to think it was time for Q to leave while also thinking he’s a HOF coach. It wasn’t an off year. This stems back all the way to 2017 when they were inexcusably swept. Then in 2018 followed that up with lazy, stubborn, entitled play.

No need to rewrite history just because the Panthers are in a playoff spot.
2017 they played a bad week of hockey and this is constantly used as a detriment to Q. They had a 2.4% shooting percentage in 4 games and played a hot team. The 2018 season the roster was terrrrrible because stan went into a half rebuild and crawford got injured. It was JF Berube, Jeff Glass, and Anton Forsberg for over half the season. The games crawford played they were 16-9-2 the games where he didnt they were 17-31-4.

The plug was pulled to early. We dont know if Q could rebuild the team because he was never given the opportunity. He was given Kunitz and Manning in the offseason and went .500 before getting canned.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
A the usual "Q didn't do anything" nonsense

Also forgot to mention Forsling played 21:22 last night while being a +2 and Duclair picked up a goal

Duclair having himself a good year

38 GP
7 G
20 A
27 pts
+21

Jesus man why haven't you sodded off to the Panthers board permanently by now? I'm sure they would love your brand of optimism, strawmen, and inability to process anything in-between black and white in a conversation.

That said, Q is a great coach. He's a very smart coach, but he is not a builder. He knew exactly what he had in Florida, which is he chose to go there. He knew he had a Toews replacement in Barkov, and it's very obvious that team and locker room go as Barkov goes and that is no slight to Q.

If Carolina doesn't win the cup, I hope Q and the Panthers do, they were the hockey team I was able to see play live as a kid and I've always had a soft spot for em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad