The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
:laugh:

As someone said, just a f***ing moron of epic proportions. This is what you get when most of these players barely have a high school education.

Its not just that with Duclair

The guy has gone thru 7 NHL coaches at this point

Alain Vigneault (NYR)
Dave Tippett (Ari)
Rick Tocchett (Ari)
Joel Quenneville (Chi)
John Tortorella (Clb)
Guy Boucher (Ott)
Marc Crawford (Ott)
D.J Smith (Ott)

And is still same player. Gets hot for a few weeks and everyone goes "Wow" then goes MIA for months. When not scoring he is worthless and he has shown no sign of changing his game to be productive away from puck

Sens were more then generous with initial offer

It really says alot looking at that list because he has gone thru variety of different coaches from the Torts hard ass on one end of spectrum to the less hostile player friendly Q on other spectrum

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Its not just that with Duclair

The guy has gone thru 6 NHL coaches at this point and is still same player. Gets hot for a few weeks and everyone goes "Wow" then goes MIA for months

When not scoring he is worthless and he has shown no sign of changing his game to be productive away from puck

Sens were more then generous with initial offer

It was an overpayment, in all honesty. He's a moron.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I expanded my original post but agree with you

Frankly you would think he would have been happy to have an organization that seemed to want him as piece going forward as well. But I guess Duclair will continue to do his thing bouncing from one city to another and one coach to another

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Man whatever happened with this kid? Was it just injuries? Seem to remember him lighting up a bunch of junior tournaments and all of us geeking out over him.

It’s instances like this that make me unable to care much about following prospects and the draft. A kid can have all the hype but still end up being a 6/7 dman or a Nick Schmaltz who always leaves you wanting more

Reactions: Pertti

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Man whatever happened with this kid? Was it just injuries? Seem to remember him lighting up a bunch of junior tournaments and all of us geeking out over him.

It’s instances like this that make me unable to care much about following prospects and the draft. A kid can have all the hype but still end up being a 6/7 dman or a Nick Schmaltz who always leaves you wanting more
He was 19-20, raw, and was being groomed to be a defensive matchup dman by Q for some reason.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

People often have unrealistic expectations of young players especially Dmen entering the NHL Forsling was way overhyped by many here. I and others called them out... but he was a kid who was over his head. But for a precious few youngsters, they all need time to make an impact in this league (and rushing them in can be the worst possible thing for an org to do). And funny enough he is still under 25 and now some are quick to write him off.

We'll soon see if GF has developed his game and can reach the potential that people saw back then but some folks are just so fickle and so black and white in their opinions.

Last edited:

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
People often have unrealistic expectations of young players especially Dmen entering the NHL Forsling was way overhyped by many here. I and others called them out... but he was a kid who was over his head. But for a precious few youngsters, they all need time to make an impact in this league (and rushing them in can be the worst possible thing for an org to do). And funny enough he is still under 25 and now some are quick to write him off.

We'll soon see if GF has developed his game and can reach the potential that people saw back then but some folks are just so fickle and so black and white in their opinions.
I thought Forsling was pretty good for the Hawks last season when he was up. To my eye he didn't seem like he was far away from being a possible impact player for us.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I thought Forsling was pretty good for the Hawks last season when he was up. To my eye he didn't seem like he was far away from being a possible impact player for us.
I reckon physical maturing should make a big difference for Forsling. He has plenty of skill and if he feels he belongs the confidence should go way up and show on the ice. Signing him for 1-year is a good gamble.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

Kyle Beach has signed with Black Dragons Erfurt of the Germany3 league

Beach was a Tallon pick...Bowman traded him to NYR for Brandon Mashinter...so Bowma'the terrible' actually got 41 NHL games outta that wasted #11 overall pick...without getting too into who the Hawks coulda drafted instead(next pick was Tyler Myers) a similar pick right after Beach was Zach Boychuk...

I also remember that Beach 'accidentally' broke another players arm in Rockford, Mathias Olimb, who I believe was on the same possibility of a Kampf/Rasmussen/Kahun/Kubalik signing...

Beach, what a bust!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not sure if they are having season but Vorobiev was last playing in a Romanian league for Progym Gheorgheni last season (They play in 1,000 seat arena)

His career in KHL ended after injuries degraded his game and he wasn't offered contract and he ended up in VHL for a couple years. He then signed with Edinburgh of UK league for a couple years and has spent last 4 years in Romania playing and living in Gheorgheni with his family

I believe the owner or one of owners of Edinburgh in its final seasons was Russian because he brought in Vorobiev and a bunch of other 30+ year old Russians to play for team. Team folded when lease to arena expired and was not renewed

And he got rid of the uni-brow as he got older (And lost most of his hair)

s-l400.jpg

Have no clue whatever happened to Yakubov who last played in KHL in 2016 but f*** that lazy worthless bum

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Not sure if they are having season but Vorobiev was last playing in a Romanian league for Progym Gheorgheni last season (They play in 1,000 seat arena)

His career in KHL ended after injuries degraded his game and he wasn't offered contract and he ended up in VHL for a couple years. He then signed with Edinburgh of UK league for a couple years and has spent last 4 years in Romania playing and living in Gheorgheni with his family

I believe the owner or one of owners of Edinburgh in its final seasons was Russian because he brought in Vorobiev and a bunch of other 30+ year old Russians to play for team. Team folded when lease to arena expired and was not renewed

And he got rid of the uni-brow as he got older (And lost most of his hair)

s-l400.jpg

Have no clue whatever happened to Yakubov who last played in KHL in 2016 but f*** that lazy worthless bum

He looks like he’s “playing” hockey because he was hired to be a Romanian bookie enforcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad