The Great Brandon Manning Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
it is pretty crazy to look at Carolina after the following:

they traded away Jeff Skinner for some picks and a bag of pucks...they got nothing in return to help them this season.

they then make what looked like one of the more lopsided trades in recent memory sending Lindholm and Hanifin over for Hamilton, Ferland and Fox..Fox said he will return to college meaning they likely lose him, and Ferland will be a UFA as well this summer..

yet throughout all of this, the team is in the second round of the playoffs. they got great goaltending when it mattered most, have a deep young core of defense, even TVR has played well, and have some exciting kids lighting it up..,they picked 2ND OVERALL just last year lol, and here they are...

anyone doubting how quick turnarounds happen or even when things look gloomy it just doesn't pan out that way sometimes- look no further to here - the Canes are the hope we need to see for us next year..

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Was it just me or did Pirri look far better than he was as a raw rookie with Hawks? A puny sample size I know but he appeared a better skater and more sturdy on his skates.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Most people knew Teuvo was great and loved him. There was a minority who believed he was lazy or too soft or whatever (probably because Foley endlessly repeated it).

The truth is, the Teuvo we're seeing now, couldn't have happened in Chicago. He is what he is now because in Carolina he was stapled to skilled players in the top six, on his proper wing, game in, game out, season in, season out. That doesn't happen in Chicago.

I'm happy to see the player he is, and happy to see him succeed. Cheering for Carolina hard in the next round (for Teuvo, and other reasons... like the celebrations :D)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Most people knew Teuvo was great and loved him. There was a minority who believed he was lazy or too soft or whatever (probably because Foley endlessly repeated it).

The truth is, the Teuvo we're seeing now, couldn't have happened in Chicago. He is what he is now because in Carolina he was stapled to skilled players in the top six, on his proper wing, game in, game out, season in, season out. That doesn't happen in Chicago.

I'm happy to see the player he is, and happy to see him succeed. Cheering for Carolina hard in the next round (for Teuvo, and other reasons... like the celebrations :D)
Why wouldn't it happen in Chicago? When he was here, we were pretty deep at forward, and wanted the wealth spread out a bit. With the lack of depth here now, there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been put in Hossas place after he retired, or put on Toews other wing instead of the garbage he had the previous 2 years.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

The very next season after he was traded it was a rotating for a bit RW next to Toews before Panik settled ot down the stretch... Teuvo being around and fitting right in there while Hossa went to the 3rd line would of fit perfectly.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
it is pretty crazy to look at Carolina after the following:

they traded away Jeff Skinner for some picks and a bag of pucks...they got nothing in return to help them this season.

they then make what looked like one of the more lopsided trades in recent memory sending Lindholm and Hanifin over for Hamilton, Ferland and Fox..Fox said he will return to college meaning they likely lose him, and Ferland will be a UFA as well this summer..

yet throughout all of this, the team is in the second round of the playoffs. they got great goaltending when it mattered most, have a deep young core of defense, even TVR has played well, and have some exciting kids lighting it up..,they picked 2ND OVERALL just last year lol, and here they are...

anyone doubting how quick turnarounds happen or even when things look gloomy it just doesn't pan out that way sometimes- look no further to here - the Canes are the hope we need to see for us next year..
Don't forget they acquired Niederreiter by only having to give up Rask. Not Manning-Caggiula levels of bad, but still one of the worst/best trades of the season.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Was it just me or did Pirri look far better than he was as a raw rookie with Hawks? A puny sample size I know but he appeared a better skater and more sturdy on his skates.

He was the worst Vegas player on ice during final game and is unlikely to be back and will once again be looking for an NHL team

He is what he is a guy who will score in bunches then go MIA for months and that is reason he is not an NHL regular

He is AHL/NHL tweener

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Pirri's decision making and play away from the puck has kept him from securing a full time spot on an NHL roster. No shortage of skill though.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He was the worst Vegas player on ice during final game and is unlikely to be back and will once again be looking for an NHL team

He is what he is a guy who will score in bunches then go MIA for months and that is reason he is not an NHL regular

He is AHL/NHL tweener

Only you could come up with that observation.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Only you could come up with that observation.

He has a strange grip with Pirri and really goes out of his way to trash him, so I wouldn’t take his post too seriously. Of all players to have a grudge with.... Pirri? :huh:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He has a strange grip with Pirri and really goes out of his way to trash him, so I wouldn’t take his post too seriously. Of all players to have a grudge with.... Pirri? :huh:
Yeah, and at the same time it's weird for people to keep bringing him up when he is just a tweener.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, and at the same time it's weird for people to keep bringing him up when he is just a tweener.

There are few former Hawks prospects I care less about outside of him, Morin, and a few others that never worked out.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
TT killing it, Stan the man keeps looking stupider and stupider with that pathetic trade

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
TT killing it, Stan the man keeps looking stupider and stupider with that pathetic trade

Yeah, how come he come he didn't do a simple blood test to make sure Bickell had MS? Oh wait...

There are no specific tests for MS. Instead, a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis often relies on ruling out other conditions that might produce similar signs and symptoms, known as a differential diagnosis.
Diagnosing MS can be more difficult in people with unusual symptoms or progressive disease. In these cases, further testing with spinal fluid analysis, evoked potentials and additional imaging may be needed.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wouldn't have had to trade TT/Bickell if not for painting self in corner with bad cap management

Also Bickell was an inconsistent player his entire career before diagnosis and his contract was mistake to begin with

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

This thread is about ex-Blackhawks. I simply asked the question whether people felt he had improved his game.

Just curious. Do you go out of your way to be an arse hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad