GBU The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Andy's Last Ride: Sabres Win 4-3 in OVERTIME.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
That was a fun game. Obviously loved the moment at the end where the Sabres and Sens paid respects to Anderson. The playoff series between us in 2006 and 2007 was ages ago, but those were fun times. Would be cool to see both teams in the playoffs again next year and possibly having another good series. It's long overdue. Have a good summer.
Turnover in this division is long overdue.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Also I do not know what the hell has happened to Mitts but I love it. He’s been working his bag off all year and hit some rough spots and unnecessary slander but pushed through.

Kids all heart
Bad luck followed by lack of confidence and bad linemates. So happy the margins sre on his side now.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Before pros, Mitts showed elite skill and could dominate against his peers. Now that he's becoming as strong and fast as his opponents again, we're starting to see major flashes of that talent return. And the way he had to grind through his development seems to have added notable effort and intensity that weren't always features of his profile.

He may have missed the highest range of his potential, but his was always a high ceiling so even in missing there's a lot of room left to maybe become a...low-key star? A few times tonight I hardly recognized him.

Last edited:

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Appreciate the stability Anderson gave us. He is a big reason this boat is finally leaving the harbor moving forward. I'm sure he wants to enjoy retirement for awhile but he will be in high demand as a position coach whenever he decides he wants to.

Also, thanks for all the fun insights and comments this year. When the Bills lost to the Bengals I told myself I'd never be able to fall in love with the Sabres again....but this stupid team won me over and I finally feel a sense of buy-in I haven't had in a decade. There's a blue-chip core here and they're not going anywhere. It's been forever since we could say that. Life is better when the Sabres are fun.

crossthesticks26

Jan 5, 2006
The Good-Bye for Andy - glad they won it for him
The Between the Stalls - still fascinating how Skinner can be both frustrating and exciting to watch at the same time
The Unexpected - Sens showing some class at the end by lining up for Andy. Decent move!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I have a weird feeling a lot of these guys are going to take us on a fun ride for the foreseeable future. Whether it ends in a cup or not remains to be seen, but it's going to be a lot more exciting than the past decade. Enjoy the journey, fellas!

Mittelstadt is literally our best forward crazy to say right now
He's been lighting it up points wise, but he's our best two-way center on the team as well. I really like the idea of having an insane center spine of Thompson-Cozens-Mitts-Krebs. Savoie could look great on Mitts wing with Greenway as the other wing for more defensive support.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Also, anyone else hoping the Sens turn it around and become a strong team? Would love to reignite that rivalry, and I don't hate them nearly as much as the Leafs or Lightning, though that will probably change once (if) they're good.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also, anyone else hoping the Sens turn it around and become a strong team? Would love to reignite that rivalry, and I don't hate them nearly as much as the Leafs or Lightning, though that will probably change once (if) they're good.

The Sens are really close. They were out their #2 center almost all year (Norris), Chabot's missed a lot of time, and they wound up having to go 7 goalies deep this year due to injuries. Even a mildly more healthy year from Norris and they're probably knocking on the playoff door.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I have a weird feeling a lot of these guys are going to take us on a fun ride for the foreseeable future. Whether it ends in a cup or not remains to be seen, but it's going to be a lot more exciting than the past decade. Enjoy the journey, fellas!

He's been lighting it up points wise, but he's our best two-way center on the team as well. I really like the idea of having an insane center spine of Thompson-Cozens-Mitts-Krebs. Savoie could look great on Mitts wing with Greenway as the other wing for more defensive support.

last month stats and last two months, w tuch ,dahlin and Thompson injured.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
the very bad

Jokiharu's 2 own goals Tuesday are what will ultimately cost us a playoff spot

No no no and no, if you've paid attention the entire season and not the last week, many games and the losing streaks and roster construction and lack thereof. Thankfully the entire locker room would also disagree with you on this take.

Not to mention battling through injuries. That's one one of the big uglies for the entire season, Tage/Tuch/Sammy/Dahlin not being 100 percent healthy. That foursome is 90% healthy the whole year we are in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad