GBU The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Andy's Last Ride: Sabres Win 4-3 in OVERTIME.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
he was playing hurt (probably should have been sitting out) for the last quarter of the season. i bet it’s just accumulated frustration. he knows he could have made more of a difference down the stretch if he was fully healthy. it has to be extremely tough to deal with mentally

He may also realize that his hope of a 50-goal season is done.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Great to read about the Andy send off. Looking forward to seeing the clip posted later.

Shitty that your Boys fell short this Season, but I’m sure optimistic for next year with this core & the growth several players showed.

May you have some good luck at the Draft Lottery. Yes, I know you’ve had some fortune lately, but I still hope you get another decently high pick.

See you around my friends.

15C3F5A0-CDFE-4EEC-B696-2E222B9AC76C.gif

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
he was playing hurt (probably should have been sitting out) for the last quarter of the season. i bet it’s just accumulated frustration. he knows he could have made more of a difference down the stretch if he was fully healthy. it has to be extremely tough to deal with mentally
I think this is it. He probably re aggravated it they told him to go to the room before OT and it boiled over.

Reactions: valet

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Great to read about the Andy send off. Looking forward to seeing the clip posted later.

Shitty that your Boys fell short this Season, but I’m sure optimistic for next year with this core & the growth several players showed.

May you have some good luck at the Draft Lottery. Yes, I know you’ve had some fortune lately, but I still hope you get another decently high pick.

View attachment 688010
Thanks GP. Have a great summer.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
That was a fun game. Obviously loved the moment at the end where the Sabres and Sens paid respects to Anderson. The playoff series between us in 2006 and 2007 was ages ago, but those were fun times. Would be cool to see both teams in the playoffs again next year and possibly having another good series. It's long overdue. Have a good summer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That was a fun game. Obviously loved the moment at the end where the Sabres and Sens paid respects to Anderson. The playoff series between us in 2006 and 2007 was ages ago, but those were fun times. Would be cool to see both teams in the playoffs again next year and possibly having another good series. It's long overdue. Have a good summer.

Feels like the Sens and Sabres will be at one another for a while as the top of the division continues to age out. And both teams will be competing with the wagon they have unleashed in New Jersey.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

View attachment 688010

Luck is relative. They held serve twice and have moved down a bunch including missing on McDavid and if we go back far enough, having the same odds as the Penguins for Sid and winding up with Marek stinkin' Zagrapan instead. It would be nice if they actually got luck and did move up instead of just staying in place after all the moves down.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Im on the fence with Okposo. Perfect 12/13 for next year but a captain can’t be in the press box
i think he’s still a very serviceable 4th liner on a playoff team. i give him a few more years of this, then he’ll probably want to call it quits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad