Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, The Domi... That's a Paddlin': Sabres 9 - Leafs 3

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
From the post game interviews it looks like Granato is on the hot seat since the players are feeling it.

They can either continue to lay eggs or start to play at a level they are capable of, I just don't understand why it takes a fire donny chant to get these guys moving.

Can they play every night for him or that was only one off?
Ironically thats the whole point of a coach. To get them to play for him every night.

It takes a "Fire Donny" chant to get them to play which reflects poorly on the coach

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
And FWIW, I don't know that last night's game was a result of Granato and the team changing direction. Tor played like ass and their goalie was asleep, so I don't really expect any certain turning point here in the next couple games. Maybe the players are going to have some renewed sense of urgency to keep Granato as the HC, but Donnie's words last night after the game about going back to how they played last season is what I'm more commenting on. It's all well and good to think they need to play a different game at some point to be a successful playoff team, but when they fail miserably at what Granato tried to start the season with, it was time to reassess at game 10...not game 34, ffs.

I think the team did give a better effort based on the fire Granato chants and the embarrassment of being blown out.

But individual bursts of effort aren't going to get it done. They need something sustainable, and the ability to win on nights when their energy isn't 110%.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think the team did give a better effort based on the fire Granato chants and the embarrassment of being blown out.

But individual bursts of effort aren't going to get it done. They need something sustainable, and the ability to win on nights when their energy isn't 110%.
Just download a video of the “fire Donny!” chants from the C-Bus game on their bench iPads/tablets. Then they can play them when ever they need a jump start. :laugh:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Just watched Quinn’s first goal back and woooof. The Leafs weren't even playing
Also a good example of what happens when you don't get a save or feel like everything is ending up in the back of the net.

There are eary similarities between the Leafs and the Sabres.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Also a good example of what happens when you don't get a save or feel like everything is ending up in the back of the net.

There are eary similarities between the Leafs and the Sabres.
Inverse soul crushing disappointment. One from being bad and failing expectations, the other from being good and failing expectations. Wait, Toronto is the Bills.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
The good vibes have subsided. Let’s see them do this against NHL caliber goaltending. Two big challenges with Shesty and Ulmark/ Swayman on deck. They are going to need to be ready from the jump. No more slow starts.
We are the second of a b2b for NYR. I would guess we get Quick and not Shesty.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
:laugh:

Would you rather be the Sabres, with the stockpile of youth and potential?

Or the Leafs? Who have consistently shown they don't have the heart to compete? And all those stars locked into contracts?

I don't see an easy out for the Leafs.
at this point i would take 10 first round exits for some continued (regular season) success. What the Sabres do year after year is worse.

Reactions: MOGlLNY and Beerz

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I don't know who those people are but found it interesting that he said "worst run" teams. Didn't say the players are bad. Some rando came to that conclusion or is parroting a meme. Interesting nonetheless.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I don't know who those people are but found it interesting that he said "worst run" teams. Didn't say the players are bad. Some rando came to that conclusion or is parroting a meme. Interesting nonetheless.
I mean it’s not hard to figure out. Teams with historically long playoff droughts are typically poorly ran.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Sid has been talking sports for years. He used to have a radio and tv show for Sportsnet. He started out as a sports anchor for The Score, then became a Sportsnet employee when they bought that network

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad