Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Welcome to our new Krueger overlord!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Still didnt like 17 or 6 but they had better moments than usual. Don't like skinner with sobotka.

Okposo missed stuff but at least he got chances.

Please give me more girgs like that.

3rd line nice

Refs bad

No 5v5 goals against!

Yeah, I could deal with Sobotka in the Okposo role and someone offensively capable in the F3 on the MarJo line. Seemed Skinner didn't get the puck in areas where he could get to the net and that is something to watch if that unit stays the same.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Good: They made it look easy.
Bad: Refs, Eichel seemed like he was sleep walking part of the game
Ugly: I’ve got nothing

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I was a bit sceptical after the preseason how long it would take until we see the Krueger-effect. What a game, were the pens really that bad or were we that good?

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Three Stars:

1) Sheary - 2 goals, Penguins killer so no shock. Would be nice if he could do that against others this year.

2) McCabe - Just really f***ing solid for the most part. He is a hugely underrated cog to this team if we are to succeed. His physicality, blocks, and PK, all while still bringing some offense will be so critical to our success.

3) Mittelstadt - Two great assists and besides 1 poor play just was generally winning more battles out there

HM: Girgensons (Generating offense, strong forecheck all night long)

The only player I disliked was Okposo. Refreshing game to watch.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good: They made it look easy.
Bad: Refs, Eichel seemed like he was sleep walking part of the game
Ugly: I’ve got nothing

I liked Eich tonight. He didn't get a lot of room to work, but it seemed like he matched up opposite Sid much of the evening. His PKing play where he sold out completely to win a 2-on-1 battle at his own blueline so Vesey could get his stick was the sort of play that makes a fan happy to see it from their captain. His line had a lot of puck-on-a-string moments early too. They got chances, they will get more.

Edit - mentioned it in the GDT, but they just showed it again on the post-game where he reversed on Hornqvist and knocked him the hell down. Full MBT mode there on that play.

Last edited:

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Every team has them. Perhaps it will now be rare, rather than just... you know... their usual second period.
I bought another seasons worth of hope from the front office. Imagine getting a good ROI this year. Kind of giddy atm.

Also Good: I didn't hate Joker's game, unlike the initial viewings. Those weakass touch passes weren't a thing.

Reactions: brian_griffin

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Risto at just under 24 minutes. McCabe with over 25. Yay for Risto, yikes on McCabe. Not sure you want him playing that much
Shouldn't be too common as long as we don't get worked by the refs every game

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
Good: everyone
Mitts had a good game.
Working together as a whole team
Scoring without Eichel and skinner doing it all
Hutton looked good
Love the long break out passes
Sabres making most posters eat crow

Bad: Risto with too much ice time