Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Our Kingdom for a Powerplay - Habs over Sabres in a SO 3-2

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
This is the type of game that I could enjoy a lot more for what it was (good goaltending, back and forth play, physical, fun) if we hadn't already dug ourselves such a hole for the playoffs already.

Also, the new guy screwed us big time.
We didn't dig a hole. Zebra scum and edge puck harmonic bouncy etc. They are figuring it out . Born to lose. Tage is Josh et although

nobody sees my posts. Robinson clean forecheck that guy freaked out

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Good:

Thompson all over the Habs in the first, setting the table for Skinner for GF1
Clifton forechecking leads to the GTG.
Physical investment again.
Levi was excellent.
The PK late.
Benson.
Four-on-four, end-to-end in OT.

Bad:

The PP remains the elephant in the room. A massive, stupid, ill-conceived elephant in the room. I would fire Ellis tonight.
Guhle's need for double runners.

Ugly:

That major on Robinson.
Nothing on Gallagher.
Gallagher is a pig. Trouba is a dangerous idiot pietrangelo etc. captains and assistants In hockey in santa( anagrams) land of hell

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
I hate excuses as i just got hammered at 70 mph hit and run that cops blamed me as they made up some suspension ( appeared day of accident) but scapegoats like Dorsey work it sports even if ellis isnt the idiot he appears.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
So essentially, their games are matching their overall season.

OK: Yes we were down 0-5 after 2 periods. But I think we can all agree that the 3rd period was different. We only lost 7-4.
I can't find the Granato interview somebody posted a day or so ago. Whoever posted it pointed out the 7 minute mark where Granato talked about guys having to commit to play harder, etc. It was all the right words but he phrased it as having told the team several times, but it didn't sound like a personal demand. He sounded detached from the message. It's a tone that I have taken with my daughter in the past when I don't want her to tune out because she thinks it's just about what I want. That tone can be effective at times, "hey don't do this because I want you to, do it because it's best for yourself". I just don't think that's the right tone for this group, at this stage.

I think it's a wise message, but one that assumes there is plenty of time to get where they need to be. There isn't. I want to hear something more like, "this is how it needs to be done, and it needs to be done now". I think the same interview mentioned not having a full practice for a week, in regard to getting Quinn back into full swing. FARK that! The way they have been playing demands guys on the ice for teaching sessions. They don't have to be going full speed but they need to see, on the ice, what they've been doing wrong and how to fix it. I just keep getting the impression from the front office to the coaching staff that they're patient to a fault and have zero urgency to do anything quickly, including getting better.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
What would these comments read like if Levi had finished the shootout for us? I mean, who cares that we kicked the hell out of Montreal after kicking the hell out of Boston. The taskmasters of Sabres fandom demand a 100% point% until we're back in the wild card, nothing less.

Tomorrow's game against Arizona feels big. If we can play well again and get those TWO POINTS before heading out on the tough road trip against Colorado and Vegas, we might be onto something.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What would these comments read like if Levi had finished the shootout for us? I mean, who cares that we kicked the hell out of Montreal after kicking the hell out of Boston. The taskmasters of Sabres fandom demand a 100% point% until we're back in the wild card, nothing less.

Tomorrow's game against Arizona feels big. If we can play well again and get those TWO POINTS before heading out on the tough road trip against Colorado and Vegas, we might be onto something.

In terms of workmanlike performances, they've seemed to turn a corner - Nashville, Boston, and Montreal were all stronger physical performances with one night getting goalied by a perennial Vezina candidate, one win and one gimmick loss. The outlier in the last week is the Wing game. Perhaps they are starting to turn the corner.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

They have looked inconsistent, dis-jointed, and un-urgent since game one, Levi stopping an extra SO attempt doesn't change anything.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
hmmm tough play to judge without more angles etc. Blood is never a good sign but he didn't really catch him in the numbers but more from the side he was leaning too....ehhh

Watching Robinson braking and putting his stick out to play the puck, it could have been way more damaging. It's one of those where if this happened the night before the whole Kane thing, it's probably not anything. But with the league getting riled about that non-call, seems like they were more keenly aware of making this sort of call.

Reactions: joshjull and DJN21

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto

The issue is with his comments about ignoring the first 25 games because the last 2 were very good.

Okposo is saying that the team has turned a corner and it's different now. I'll believe it when I see it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Watching Robinson braking and putting his stick out to play the puck, it could have been way more damaging. It's one of those where if this happened the night before the whole Kane thing, it's probably not anything. But with the league getting riled about that non-call, seems like they were more keenly aware of making this sort of call.

Yeah, I don't see how that's a 5 and a game boarding major unless the point is to make some kind of statement. It's a 2 minute penalty, sure, but 5?

Reactions: Chainshot

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
what happened with Kane?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad