Pre-Game Talk: the Good, the Bad, and the Tyler Kennedy of Penguins off-day skate (Pens vs Jets PGT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Evgeni Malkin on the ice for #Penguins practice. Letang, too.

Don't see Chuck Kobasew on ice for #Penguins practice. Maybe he wasn't a healthy scratch last night.

#Penguins lines are the same as last night. Malkin not skating on a regular line.

Letang working on top power play unit at #Penguins practice, w/Jokinen, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Malkin on 2nd unit.

Now Malkin is on top power play unit with Letang, Crosby, Neal, Kunitz at #Penguins practice.

Paul Martin is in locker room getting ready to skate for first time since he broke his leg. #Penguins

https://twitter.com/pgshelly

#Pens using these lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Neal, Gibbons-Sutter-Jokinen, Pyatt-Vitale-Adams, Glass-Sill-Engelland

Evgeni Malkin did not skate on a regular line this morning, but he is at practice and worked on both… http://instagram.com/p/iwSSmcOpJX/

Kris Letang has been skating with Rob Scuderi. Other #Pens D-pairs: Orpik-Despres, Maatta-Niskanen-Bortuzzo.

Jayson Megna just got onto the ice at @CONSOLEnergyCtr. Most of his teammates are now gone.

https://twitter.com/penguins

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

#Penguins Bylsma: Conner had his hand surgery; Kobasew day to day; Letang, Malkin will be evaluated tomorrow.

I think Letang plays tomorrow and Malkin sits.

I liked the lineup better when I thought Kobasew was a healthy scratch.

penguins2946*

I wish there was a rule that once a player plays a certain number of games, they can be sent to the AHL instead of their respective junior leagues. Despres shouldn't be sent back to the AHL, and Olli has been struggling as of late. I wish we could send down Maatta to the AHL to regain his footing. At least send him down over Despres.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think Letang plays tomorrow and Malkin sits.

I liked the lineup better when I thought Kobasew was a healthy scratch.

Kobasew being injured sucks, I wanted him to be a healthy scratch. Let us all hope that he gets waived when he's healthy and doesn't play another game with the Pens.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
We are winning, have a comfortable lead on the division, and have no real rush for Malkin to get back on the ice... let him get 100% healthy, then rest him a few more games. When that injury happened we all thought he was done for a much longer time than he will be... this is a win even if he doesn't play all month...
Playoffs = important
regular season = doesn't matter as long as you make the playoffs

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Kobasew being injured sucks, I wanted him to be a healthy scratch. Let us all hope that he gets waived when he's healthy and doesn't play another game with the Pens.

How does Kobasew even manage to get injured? He doesn't even do anything when he's on the ice :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
How does Kobasew even manage to get injured? He doesn't even do anything when he's on the ice :laugh:

I remember the first couple games where he was playing for a career how he'd throw his body around. Now he reminds me of Miro Satan. Just worthless.

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
Yesterday Rob Rossi was on the radio and said Malkin still had pain in his knee. Now, you know who said it, so take it for what it is worth.

I thought that Geno had some sort of hamstring injury/pull given the way he reached for the back of his leg when he was injured and the report (again by Rossi, I believe) that is was muscular.

It is strange that he was given the day to day status, but he has been out a few weeks now.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It's not strange at all, it's how the Penguins have rolled for years now. They're among the worst in the NHL for injury info.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I remember the first couple games where he was playing for a career how he'd throw his body around. Now he reminds me of Miro Satan. Just worthless.

That's a huge insult to Miro Satan. Satan put up 17 goals and 19 assists in 65 games. Jokinen reminds me of Miro Satan. Kobe is nowhere near that useful.

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
It's not strange at all, it's how the Penguins have rolled for years now. They're among the worst in the NHL for injury info.

That's true, not strange for the Pens as far as injury information. It an NHL hockey team, not the Pentagon.

I was just surprised to hear Rossi talk about Malkin's knee, since I had never heard it mentioned in the injury speculation. I had heard more indications were that it was a pulled hamstring, or even groin.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Geno come back 2 or 3 games before the Olympics to knock some rust off for the games.

He is going to be 100% for the games, even if he has to take it easy before them. Knowing how Russians are, these games are the highlight of the careers of these guys, especially if they win gold.

Fire Shero*

Imagine if Russia wins the gold, Malkin will have a lower body injury for a month coincidentally as the country celebrates.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Geno come back 2 or 3 games before the Olympics to knock some rust off for the games.

He is going to be 100% for the games, even if he has to take it easy before them. Knowing how Russians are, these games are the highlight of the careers of these guys, especially if they win gold.

IIRC, a lot of the Russian team seemed to mail it in early in the last Olympics. I suspect it will be different this year being at home. Just hope Geno is in top form by the time the playoffs come round.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yesterday Rob Rossi was on the radio and said Malkin still had pain in his knee. Now, you know who said it, so take it for what it is worth.

I thought that Geno had some sort of hamstring injury/pull given the way he reached for the back of his leg when he was injured and the report (again by Rossi, I believe) that is was muscular.

It is strange that he was given the day to day status, but he has been out a few weeks now.

If Malkin had pain in the knees he would not be skating.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
That's true, not strange for the Pens as far as injury information. It an NHL hockey team, not the Pentagon.

I was just surprised to hear Rossi talk about Malkin's knee, since I had never heard it mentioned in the injury speculation. I had heard more indications were that it was a pulled hamstring, or even groin.

Eh Malkin probably said something about Rossi being a pain in the butt and either hacked up the English or Rossi Rossied it up :)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Malkin sounds like he's chomping at the bit to return, as he always does. I highly doubt he's going to sit out until just before the Olympics. Malkin isn't built that way. He loves to play and is a true rink rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad