Pre-Game Talk: the Good, the Bad, and the Tyler Kennedy of Penguins off-day skate (Pens vs Jets PGT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If it's anything like the Pens-Jets games last year it will be a high scoring affair with questionable goaltending.

I'm betting we win and win comfortably. We always seem to torture the Jets/Thrashers.

You know what worries me though and has been worrying me for a while now is the thought that we're following a similar path to previous Pens teams. We get these injuries and we have success and there's this excitement that imagine how good we'll be when all our guys get healthy. In previous years when that happened our play took a nose dive because once the big guns came back we started playing run and gun hockey thinking we were unstoppable and we all know how well that style works in the playoffs.

My hope is this team will be different. Certainly the system is different than past Pens teams. I can only hope that when Tanger and Malkin come back we don't revert to playing high risk hockey just because we can get away with it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If it's anything like the Pens-Jets games last year it will be a high scoring affair with questionable goaltending.

I'm betting we win and win comfortably. We always seem to torture the Jets/Thrashers.

You know what worries me though and has been worrying me for a while now is the thought that we're following a similar path to previous Pens teams. We get these injuries and we have success and there's this excitement that imagine how good we'll be when all our guys get healthy. In previous years when that happened our play took a nose dive because once the big guns came back we started playing run and gun hockey thinking we were unstoppable and we all know how well that style works in the playoffs.

My hope is this team will be different. Certainly the system is different than past Pens teams. I can only hope that when Tanger and Malkin come back we don't revert to playing high risk hockey just because we can get away with it.

Definitely a danger of that. Two things working in our favour are 1) Jacques Martin and 2) guys will be coming back from injury much earlier than previous years (knock on wood).

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

I'll save KIRK the effort: Wash, Rinse, Repeat. :laugh:

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Going to the game tomorrow so hope it's a good one. It will be 2nd of the season. I haven't gone to two games in one season since Sid's first year. Back when student rush was awesome & 20 bucks could get you front row seats.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Malkin and Letang come back, Crosby breaks both his legs, I guarantee it.

a7fc014bf8488b37d60ed7dc6c76acbff5d3fb7491ff3cbd302a4a9a4743ef14.jpg

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Does anyone know if there is a team picture for this years roster? Going to try and see if I can get a copy signed after printing it out.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Good that Kris is healthy, but I would be lying if I said it isn't another return I have been waiting for.... but I see there's hope on that too :D.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
I'am sure the defenseman who is going to sit , will get traded to Winnipeg before the game . Watch !
Simon played RD & engelland 4th line ? It's not the Bylsma we know lol ! It was weird . we'll see .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad