GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Tuch. Lose at home to Montreal 3-1.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Comrie played well enough for us to win., but you're not winning many games in this league potting 1 measly goal a night.

I don't have any answers for our offensive woes. But I think we need to keep plugging away and the goals and ultimately wins will come. We're losing games we should be winning, which feels different from past years when early on we were winning games we probably should have lost.

Perhaps I got rose colored glasses glued to my face but I'm optimistic we're gonna turn this ship around quick.

And before you ask, I'm sober as f***!

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
1698113073515.png

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Good:

Old Navy Goat living like a king in the tropics.

Bad:

Comrie losing sight of rebounds and inability to cover pucks in his crease being themes.

Ugly:

Pissing away points to inferior opponents.
The season resting on a college kid working miracles in net.
Me - feed dropped while Habs scored their 3rd and I'm thinking our empty-net "effort" was actually relevant. What a goofball!

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Didn’t catch the game due to travel, glad I didn’t. Another year likely down the drain and these clowns have the audacity to beg fans to come back to arena. Try winning against a bottom feeder (no offense to Montreal fans) when you have already dug yourselves in a hole.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Perfect example why this coaching staff sucks: On the PP EVERYONE knows they are looking to get it to Tage for the giraffe bomb and thus cover him like white on rice. A smart PP coach would take advantage of this by coming up with ways to use Tage as a decoy to create high danger chances for the 4 other players on the ice.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Perfect example why this coaching staff sucks: On the PP EVERYONE knows they are looking to get it to Tage for the giraffe bomb and thus cover him like white on rice. A smart PP coach would take advantage of this by coming up with ways to use Tage as a decoy to create high danger chances for the 4 other players on the ice.
which is... exactly what they did in this game???

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Deja vu to 10/27/2022 when the Sabres lost 3-2 to the Montreal Canadians.

Canadians outplayed us at 5v5 tonight. We may have been the team generating more sustained pressure at 5v5 but we gave up 12 high danger chances to the 4 that we generated.

PP was cooking, but couldn't score.

If we’re only going to win 2 out of every 5 games I’d prefer to rotate in some Rochester guys like Kulich, Rousek, Rosen, Johnson and see what happens. I’ve seen more than enough of Okposo and VO in a Sabres uniform to last a lifetime.
Where do you find these stats?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Tuch hasn't looked good - I agree, you almost have to hope that he's injured so there's an excuse for looking so bad.

Donnie said after the game he didn't think that they went to the net hard enough.

That's what every coach has said since the Bush administration. They don't go to the net and will never go to the net. We've seen it before.

Reactions: sabremike

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Yes they out shot the habs 2:1, but would you say they made it hard on Allen tonight?
No. I was at the game and kept saying to my buddy "why won't they drive to the net?" and "have we had a rebound shot". Allan made some great saves but he never had to worry about the back door play or net front presence. Dahlin was great. Comrie played well and I liked Greenway and Skinner. Tuch? He has to get his head out of his....Disappointing.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
They need to start winning cause this is pissing me off. Don't care how. There's some dead weight on the ice, get it tf off.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Good - Every day is one closer to a change in philosophy in the front office. One way or another.

Bad - Your Buffalo Sabres.

Ugly - Next three games. Traveling to Ottawa for a back to back when they’ve had off for two days and starting UPL. New Jersey. Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad