GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Tuch. Lose at home to Montreal 3-1.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Comrie .885 save %
Allen .973 save %

There really isn’t anything else to say. Allen had many more difficult chances than the 2nd goal Comrie let in which was a softie.
The first goal wasn't great either. It was a bad play by Tuch, but Comrie kicks the rebound right out to the point. UPL has the same issue. These guys don't kick rebounds to the side they kick them right out in front to give the other team another golden opportunity.

Reactions: Nevins

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas

Good:​

Jake Allen - gotta respect what he did. 36 saves on 37 shots. He singlehandedly won that game for Montreal.

Sabres start - They seemed to really dominate the first and second periods.

Bad:​

Sabres endgame - They were frustrated and seemed to be taken out of their game by Allen. No flow or consistency in the back half of the game.

Ugly:​

The Standings - for a team that talked a lot about how the playoffs are the goal this season and they were ready to play, they're dead last in the Atlantic division. I hope this game doesn't lead into a losing streak like we've seen far too often.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
B: Looked up my first 2024 mock draft of the season before Halloween.

We might be the worst team in the division. I made a $50 bet with my brother tonight that Granato is canned before Christmas 2024. The life of a Sabres fan!
I'd like by Christmas 2023 ... only way we get rid of these midget league Assistant Coaches

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The first goal wasn't great either. It was a bad play by Tuch, but Comrie kicks the rebound right out to the point. UPL has the same issue. These guys don't kick rebounds to the side they kick them right out in front to give the other team another golden opportunity.

Comrie never saw the first shot coming. Hard to control a rebound if you've go idea where the puck is or where it's going. The puck hit him and caromed right to Barron....absolutely unlucky bounce unless somehow Xhekaj meant to do that. That goal I don't really put on Comrie at all.

The other two? He didn't get any defensive help on either...........but those are pucks he very well could have stopped. Allen stopped MANY harder shots to stop than Comrie did tonight, and that's the difference.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Deja vu to 10/27/2022 when the Sabres lost 3-2 to the Montreal Canadians.

Canadians outplayed us at 5v5 tonight. We may have been the team generating more sustained pressure at 5v5 but we gave up 12 high danger chances to the 4 that we generated.

PP was cooking, but couldn't score.

If we’re only going to win 2 out of every 5 games I’d prefer to rotate in some Rochester guys like Kulich, Rousek, Rosen, Johnson and see what happens. I’ve seen more than enough of Okposo and VO in a Sabres uniform to last a lifetime.

Reactions: Nevins

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Huh? It was blocked by our own player not Comrie. 1st goal he couldn’t do anything about

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yes they out shot the habs 2:1, but would you say they made it hard on Allen tonight?
At times, yes, but for how much time they had the puck, especially in the offensive zone, I’d say they weren’t hard enough on Allen. Then the 2nd goal happened and it felt like they said to themselves, well, we gave it our best, and tried.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
G
Effort, kicking the shit out of a second team in a row. Krebs worked his bag off early.
Greenway, mainstay
Clifton and EJ are fine and steadying, not sure what we'd look like without them tbh
Mitts is still playing well
I like the big boy line still, especially in the first. Mobbing and causing havoc
I think we see Benson tomorrow, maybe for a bigger name who will also be "nursing something"
Certain features that HF provides us with to, um, curate our conversations here

B
Losing points in games like this
Power, possible that he's still growing into his frame? He gets handcuffed badly still and seems like he has to look down at the puck more than a pro should
Comrie on the 2nd goal, just a bummer when he was otherwise sharp again
Okie is cooked. Cooked to the point that it's going to get awkward as the season wears on and he has the C

U
Early goal against, felt like Allen's INT yesterday
Tuch, sucks seeing him like this, he's a favorite. What was all that random chatter about him banged up in the preseason? Looking for a reason he could be like this
Our fanbase is fried. Sure, with good reason maybe. But it's embarrassing at game 6. Maybe we should have traded the farm to get swept by the Bruins last season if it would shut the shrinking violets up for a while

Last edited:
Reactions: brian_griffin

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I completely understand the emotional responses but I refuse to partake. They'll be fine and they'll make the playoffs.

I really like the current top 9 setup, should keep it for a while (with Benson drawing in for Olofsson when he's ready but VO had 2 solid games in a row so for now it's fine)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I completely understand the emotional responses but I refuse to partake. They'll be fine and they'll make the playoffs.

I really like the current top 9 setup, should keep it for a while (with Benson drawing in for Olofsson when he's ready but VO had 2 solid games in a row so for now it's fine)
I think you forgot a winking face emoji or something.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad