Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and th.....zzzzzzz: Eh? Oh, Ugly. Right. Silky Mitts Headlines in LA

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I like him away from that line and in the role he is in right now. I’m impressed how well he has played with the defensively skewed deployment that line gets. He has been an absolutely puck hound.
Agreed. Putting Skinner on the 1st line totally changes the offensive depth of this team. If Jeff can continue playing like this away from Eichel, he's easily worth the contract. For now.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
I think the Mitteline is the barometer of how far this team can go this season. When that line is clicking... this is the closest the team has been to rolling 4 lines.

And on another note, the pass from Dahlin on the Sheary goal was otherworldly. Saucer pass? Try 8 foot drop pass over the defender's shoulder.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Agreed. Putting Skinner on the 1st line totally changes the offensive depth of this team. If Jeff can continue playing like this away from Eichel, he's easily worth the contract. For now.
Moving Skinner up to Jack's line only works if Reinhart comes off of it. What are your thoughts on?

Skinner Jack X
Olofsson Johansson Reinhart

X could be a variety of players. As ridiculous as it sounds, I'm not sure it really matters who is there. I think they could put Sobotka there, and while not idea, I don't think he'd stop them from doing what they do. After watching last night, I think we need to keep Sheary with Mitts. They seem to have a chemistry. The line up so badly needs another top 9 talent or two.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I think Saturday night will be a nice measuring stick. SJ has seemingly found their stride after Kane returned from suspension and they signed Marleau. They kicked the tar out of the Canes the other night, and Carolina had looked great prior to that game.
Yeah tomorrow is a really sketchy game, but we just seem to play San Jose tough. It'll be a great measuring stick, as you said. Possibly the most talented team we've played yet.

It's really a good thing that we pulled out the win last night, to at least salvage something out of this road trip. I'll take any points tomorrow, and be thrilled. This team needs to get home and re-group and tweak a few things. Maybe make a dang trade.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Moving Skinner up to Jack's line only works if Reinhart comes off of it. What are your thoughts on?

Skinner Jack X

X could be a variety of players. As ridiculous as it sounds, I'm not sure it really matters who is there. I think they could put Sobotka there, and while not idea, I don't think he'd stop them from doing what they do. After watching last night, I think we need to keep Sheary with Mitts. They seem to have a chemistry. The line up so badly needs another top 9 talent or two.
That could work. It's better than what I was thinking. My only concern is that I view Jack and Skinner to be the only guys that can really drive their own line. Reinhart, Olofsson and Johansson all seem to be complimentary players(in my opinion). They're good, but Jack and Jeff have that rare combination of speed, skill and motor. Put them together on the powerplay but keep them separate on even strength. It makes it tough for other teams to decide who their top checking lines goes out against.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Skinner Jack X

That X should be ERod, at least until proven otherwise.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
really putting himself on the cross here lol

I'm guessing Chad's growing popularity is starting to expose him to lowest common denominator of internet fans. What can I say, sometimes people suck :dunno:

But if he thinks that one group is any less arrogant or condescending than the other, he needs to open his eyes...

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Watched 1st period live, then re-watched game in entirety this AM.

G:
Getting an early lead. Again. And from the line which needed to show something positive. And, both goals on the rush.
A good win. Especially after last's night surrender.
Kings never gave up. Brown, Kopitar, especially remain beasts.
Vesey with 180-degree turnaround in effort from last night.
Okposo looks rejuvenated this year. He's not chasing the play; he uses his body size and positioning well (as he always has), but it's noticeably more effective.
I thought Dahlin-Miller were fine.
Johansson with another solid game.
Hutton, as others mentioned.

B:
Nothing.

U:
Thought McCabe was lucky to skate away from the Brown/Kopitar double-crunch.

The awesome: The noticeable roar from the Sabres fans after the first two goals.

MSG threw that up as well last night and I immediately thought of the Hasek-Brodeur playoff duel. Must be referring to regular season.

Eichel’s line got caved last night. Even when they are going against top teams and players, it’s rare to see them get so badly dominated. Hopefully they were just tired from back to backs on the west coast.
Probably being too critical, but Olofsson isn't getting much separation 5v5 in the offensive zone.

Another one of his errant shots sank a freighter at the Port of Los Angeles. All the crew members were safely evacuated but 40 tons of royal blue dye was lost.
Lends truth to the rumor Kovy returned to the KHL to help bring Soviet-era decaying-orbit missile platforms back to earth over un-populated areas of Siberia.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Loving what we’re seeing from Hutts right now, but let’s not forget he started last season red hot too. Glad to see they played a great game and the 3rd line is finally kicking in some offense!

Your very right on that make no mistake but the reason I am more optimistic now is there is no more Housley , two you have to look at our new goalie coach and the work he did to revive Fleury’s career in Pittsburgh and now we see how well he is doing with the golden knights , look at what he did with Mrazek and Curtis Mcelinney last year and helped get the Hurricanes all the way to the ECF.

But I think Bales best work was with Matt Murray ! Let’s not forget that Murray won two Stanley cups as a rookie and since Bales has left Pittsburgh Murray has not been the same .

And 3rd we have Ralph Krueger now who is known as a great teacher and motivator and we know the success he has had in high pressure situations so I am confident Hutton can play like this all season

Reactions: Reddawg

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Starter Shutton is making this an interesting situation for us. He showed us signs that this is the player he is last year. If he stays this rock solid does it mean we should maybe look to add for a cup run? Also was impressed with the Mitts line showing they can pitch in when needed.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I love Oloffson but he's not a top-line player. Reinhart has been meh this season. Eichel has been inconsistent, but when he's on, he's incredible. I'd rather spread the wealth.

Olofsson so far is basically a more defensively responsible Ales Kotalik without the SO backhand cheat.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I think Saturday night will be a nice measuring stick. SJ has seemingly found their stride after Kane returned from suspension and they signed Marleau. They kicked the tar out of the Canes the other night, and Carolina had looked great prior to that game.

I see what you did there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad