Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and th.....zzzzzzz: Eh? Oh, Ugly. Right. Silky Mitts Headlines in LA

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

Mittelstadt's best night on the scoresheet of his young career. That should be a boost to his confidence.
Welcome back, mini-Zamboni! Nice goal.
Hutton was calm and collected.
The 5-on-3 PK, brought to you by the Flagellation Three - Sobotka, Ristolainen and Scandella.

The Bad:

I'm feeling it after another late night. :biglaugh:

The Ugly:

Kovie needs a new bundle of sticks.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
G: Shutout win after the previous awful game.

B: Boring to watch for the last two periods

U: 47 shots against.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Good: Mittelstadt and his whole line
Hutton
6-1-1

Bad: Getting cratered in possession and the other fancy stats
Kings shooting percentage

Ugly: I'm still awake
3rd person to post a GBU, lol

buffalojedwardo

Jan 3, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Good:
-Mitts line contributed
-1st period
-Goalie play
-Got the job done

Bad:
-I don't like Scandella
-Letting LA do what they want
-We aren't as good as our record reflects (I think we can improve as the year goes on)

Ugly:
-Refs inconsistent
-powerplay
-These late games making me drink

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Good:
-Mitts line contributed
-1st period
-Goalie play
-Got the job done

Bad:
-I don't like Scandella
-Letting LA do what they want
-We aren't as good as our record reflects (I think we can improve as the year goes on)

Ugly:
-Refs inconsistent
-powerplay
-These late games making me drink

Well our current pace would have us end up with over 130 points, so safe to say we arent that good!

Reactions: Rasmus CacOlainen

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This team is for real. Season is now 10% done so it isn't like its just a week into the season. We are 36 wins away from a true +.500 season with 74 games to go.

This team can push 45-50 wins and a top 3 divisional spot. If Hutton can give us above average goaltending then this team can get out of round 1. The offense is there and so is the defense. Coaching is 100x better from the last 5 years. As long as we get top 15 goaltending this is a legit playoff team that no one would want to face.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
G:
Mitts
Hutton
2-0 lead in 5 straight games now
1st in NHL
Getting 2 points on a back to back

B:
Got owned for most of the night, lucky as hell win

U:
It doesn’t look like there will be much in the tank left to play a hot Sharks team

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I dont think tonight is the night to proclaim that. If we didnt have Hasek in net, that's a loss
I agree with you that tonight isn't a night to heap praise on the team. But let's be clear, Hutton didnt need to be Hasek tonight. He definitely made some good saves and played very well but it was a lot of low danger perimeter shots tonight. LA is starving for young talent

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Those are some brutal corsi numbers, especially Risto-McCabe and the Eichel line

That top line has not generated much at 5v5 it feels like. When they do score it’s often a result of an individual effort (see: 2x Eichel goal solo effort, Reinhart goal solo effort).

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Just got back from the game. You guys pretty much nailed it. Mitts looked great. Hutton was excellent. I noticed Sobotka and Johansson make some nice plays. Other than that, a total snooze-fest of a game. But that's ok.

Buffalo was seriously in the house tonight though. Tons of Sabres sweaters everywhere. In between periods 2 and 3, about 40 Buff fans gathered like an impromptu flash mob and started some loud "let's go Buffalo" and other chants. I've been going to Sabres games in LA and Anaheim since the 90s and that's the first time I've ever seen that happen in such big numbers. Pretty cool.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I only caught the 3rd period but... I was never worried. Nevermind that LA had the puck and threw everything on the net, it just never felt very dangerous. So that's my take away; Hutton was calm in net and team didn't breakdown and go into panic mode. I don't care about fancy stats for that period, I'll trust my eye test on this one. :)

My thoughts exactly, only caught the third as well, but in that period they didn't give up any major second chances or leave anyone wide open. Ugly win, but what I saw of that awful performance still looked safer than last year's efforts.

Reactions: Wisent42

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Box Score
https://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=401145147
upload_2019-10-18_2-3-55.png

Dustin Brown is impressive for a guy that's 34 years old. Over 20 mins/game, plays physical, and still putting up points.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Hutton is looking like a legit starting goaltender and had a phenomenal game , and like the other poster said this is by far the best game in Middlestadt’s career with a 3 point night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad