The Goal Song Thread

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
From searching the internet, appears Phoenix uses that one.

Interesting. I like starting about 1:57, as well.

Also found this on youtube.
5 songs that would make Awesome NHL goal songs

One through four I'd pass, but #5 "Uprising" by Muse has a strong vibe.

The best part is the guys statement below the screen:

"The next time your hockey team wants to use "Rock and Roll Part 2" or "Woo Hoo" as their goal song, kindly punch them in the face"

I've mentioned Uprising before....I think that one would be really good

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't want to start using one that any other team currently uses. There are plenty of songs in the world, surely one can be found that other teams say, "Ah, crap...we should have used THAT one!"

I like that Howlin' for You song. That could work quite nicely.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I don't want to start using one that any other team currently uses. There are plenty of songs in the world, surely one can be found that other teams say, "Ah, crap...we should have used THAT one!"

I like that Howlin' for You song. That could work quite nicely.

Might want to read up on the Arizona Coyotes goal song...

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Memphis is more like Detroit then it is Nashville. That song might work there, or maybe Chicago.

Didn't really know that but I will take your word for it. Well like I said, hip hop at a hockey game probably isn't the world's best idea but seeing as TN is a very prideful state (I figured perhaps a sense of sports unity between Memphis and Nashville) and seeing as you're Music City after all I figured if anyone would be bold enough for a pump up rap song it would be the Preds.

Love the hidden piano keys and guitar strings on the jerseys btw. Very clever and well executed within the uniform design. Sadly our unis are the love child of the Maple Leafs and Red Wings and Lightning fans and Phil Esposito actually had to petition for the Lightning bolt on the pants and the black outline on our numbers. They better hope they never put out a black jersey because no one will ever buy another blue one again since so many fans like me hate being stuck in the majority of the other 20 or so teams that wear blue or white. At least you guys get gold.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Didn't really know that but I will take your word for it. Well like I said, hip hop at a hockey game probably isn't the world's best idea but seeing as TN is a very prideful state (I figured perhaps a sense of sports unity between Memphis and Nashville) and seeing as you're Music City after all I figured if anyone would be bold enough for a pump up rap song it would be the Preds.

Unfortunately they already play plenty of rap/hip hop/club/country music, too much for my taste at a hockey game. Especially during warm ups the past few years. I do not mind variety but I prefer old school hard rock and current hard rock at hockey games.

nitrofan

Jul 2, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
Country is fine for most sports (example NASCAR) but Hockey to me is a hard edge sport. Docile tones do not reflect the sport. Loud percussion sounds and a fast beat work the best.

IMO of course. Not necessarily hard rock but rock of most types.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Might want to read up on the Arizona Coyotes goal song...

Yeah, I'm afraid I don't know every single team's goal song. My ultimate hope is that they never get to play them when we are their opponent. I know ours and the one I hate and that is about it.

Sooo, it's a good song but if it's Arizona's, I don't want it for ours.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Yeah, I'm afraid I don't know every single team's goal song. My ultimate hope is that they never get to play them when we are their opponent. I know ours and the one I hate and that is about it.

Sooo, it's a good song but if it's Arizona's, I don't want it for ours.

It's alright, they won't be in the desert much longer, the ribeiro buyout from what I understand counts against the 50 million in losses

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008

Love the hidden piano keys and guitar strings on the jerseys btw. Very clever and well executed within the uniform design. Sadly our unis are the love child of the Maple Leafs and Red Wings and Lightning fans and Phil Esposito actually had to petition for the Lightning bolt on the pants and the black outline on our numbers. They better hope they never put out a black jersey because no one will ever buy another blue one again since so many fans like me hate being stuck in the majority of the other 20 or so teams that wear blue or white. At least you guys get gold.

Not to mention the fact that Nashville hates Memphis and vice versa ... I'd be okay if Memphis was in Arkansas honestly.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not to mention the fact that Nashville hates Memphis and vice versa ... I'd be okay if Memphis was in Arkansas honestly.

I like Memphis. I don't honestly think of it as part of Tennessee, really, but I like the city. It has a St. Louis kind of vibe.

I also like hip hop for hockey, but I don't think it would be particularly good for a goal song. I like it for revving up the fans, though.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
Memphis is like a more blue collar version of STL. Also it's a basketball town rather than a baseball town, we have a pyramid instead of an arch, and our hood version is to the west rather than east. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Memphis is like a more blue collar version of STL. Also it's a basketball town rather than a baseball town, we have a pyramid instead of an arch, and our hood version is to the west rather than east. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

Memphis has alot of old money and represents the "Old South" more than Nashville

Nashville feels more Midwestern than Memphis, and Memphis feels like a less cosmopolitan and backwards version of Atlanta.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I just want a song that's as annoying as Chelsea Dagger (in a good way)... and no more Tim McGraw. I posted my take on Gold On the Ceiling with our goal horn in another thread. I think it could work out nicely if done right.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

Memphis has BBQ, Graceland and FedEx and that is all most Tennesseans claim about that city (only because it makes money). It is more like the northern U.S. cities of Chicago and Detroit than the South.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad