The Goal Song Thread

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Why did I know that list would have Chicago's as the top goal song/celebration? :shakehead If that's what we're supposed to aspire to, I'd rather leave well enough alone.

I'll also say I'm not terribly attached to RnR, Pt II at this point, and while I tend to like the McGraw for being distinct, if they are going to change it, I'd rather see something by a Nashville-based band over something that just fits thematically (i.e. gold).

Last edited:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
someone in the other thread mentioned "this is how we roll" fla/ga line
went and listened to it... not bad, good beat and fits with tim mcgraw and nashville kind of sounds.

why do we have to have gold branding in a goal song.... blech.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
someone in the other thread mentioned "this is how we roll" fla/ga line
went and listened to it... not bad, good beat and fits with tim mcgraw and nashville kind of sounds.

why do we have to have gold branding in a goal song.... blech.

Because it's BRANDING. :laugh:

R&R P2-- The song is just a song. I don't think royalties are paid every time we use it, therefore it's not a tacit endorsement of Gary Glitter any more than using ILIILI shows our group approval of a former life of drunkenness. It's a goal song--we're cheering a goal by our players in our arena. And really we're the Preds, ain't like the guy's gonna get rich off our scoring prowess, right? But it is DATED DATED DATED. It's like using "Who Let the Dogs Out" as a crowd motivator. Or "Git" "Bit". Stop. I'd axe ILIILI too for the same reason. Boring and tiresome.

I like Gold on the Ceiling. It'll do.

Chelsea Dagger--I'm glad it's Chicago's goal song because it means we are not likely to adopt it. ;)

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Just sent a quick email to my rep and she said she'd pass it to game ops.......

asked to keep it an original nashville sound and not a "gold" theme...

don't know if it will help. have heard the top is focused on making everything gold everywhere.......blech.

can't hurt.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Because it's BRANDING. :laugh:

R&R P2-- The song is just a song. I don't think royalties are paid every time we use it, therefore it's not a tacit endorsement of Gary Glitter any more than using ILIILI shows our group approval of a former life of drunkenness. It's a goal song--we're cheering a goal by our players in our arena. And really we're the Preds, ain't like the guy's gonna get rich off our scoring prowess, right? But it is DATED DATED DATED. It's like using "Who Let the Dogs Out" as a crowd motivator. Or "Git" "Bit". Stop. I'd axe ILIILI too for the same reason. Boring and tiresome.

I like Gold on the Ceiling. It'll do.

Chelsea Dagger--I'm glad it's Chicago's goal song because it means we are not likely to adopt it. ;)

agree with you about r/r p2..... a song is just a song.

if they'll leave our goal song alone, i'll brand and wear that ugly gold jersey instead of my old blue or mustard........branding blech!!:)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I honestly didn't realize until this came up that there was so much hate for the gold theme. They already play "Gold on the Ceiling" in pre-game. Because of that whenever I hear it I already automatically think Predators. Now do we want that as our goal song? Probably not but the branding is already there at least IMO.

I do feel like the current song is dated and should be updated or at least remixed in some form or fashion to a faster tempo. That is one thing I do not like about the country songs and the "keeping it Nashville" ideas. The country feel is just SLOW. I just don't see how that gets one excited.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
IF we are changing, I vote keep it country and unique to us. None of this gold on ceilings crap (or piss in this case)

No..just, no.

There is no stupider music than modern country - every song is a lame mish-mash of girls, trucks, and beer (vary the order).

http://gawker.com/proof-that-every-country-music-song-this-year-was-exact-1488547290

Say what you will about the merits of "Gold on the Ceiling" as a goal song- at least The Black Keys give us some Music City credibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad