The Goal Song Thread

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I still like our goal song as-is; none of the suggestions thus far have been an improvement to me. If it is changed, it needs to be something iconic to TN for me. "Rocky Top" doesn't really work as a goal song (and I hate the Vols), but a song with a similar association to the state of TN would be nice and quite timeless to me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
My vote will go to Gold on The Ceiling for as long as it's a topic of discussion. For anyone pedaling a change to some sort of "modern country" song, The Black Keys are just as authentic to Nashville, if not more so, than any of those artists.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The song had to change. Let's look at the name of the team. The Predators. Gary Glitter is a sexual Predator. Nuff sed.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
I still like our goal song as-is; none of the suggestions thus far have been an improvement to me. If it is changed, it needs to be something iconic to TN for me. "Rocky Top" doesn't really work as a goal song (and I hate the Vols), but a song with a similar association to the state of TN would be nice and quite timeless to me.

If they made it Rocky Top I'd never come to a game again. Surely we can do better than a redneck fight song?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not a big fan of the gold sweaters, but gold speaks of a standard. A class of character.

I like to think I have a small standard of music standing. I have on my iPhone Blues from Portugal, calliope music, classical, hip hop, southern rock, etc. To me anything with a heavy bass riff or drums. Each phase of the game needs a different style of music. I've always wanted for introduction music a simple single millitary drum. Might be more appropo for the Blue Jackets but a single snare drummer in military garb beatting out a marching beat.

And on a side note WHY THE **** HAS THE PREDS IGNORED THE FACT THE ****ING FORT KNOX GOLD DEPOSITORY IS IN KY?!?!?! THEY HAVE A TANK DIVISION AND EVERYTHING!!!!!

*deep breathe*

Now, back to music. Is there a way to mash up 'Welcome to the Jungle' and 'Into the Jungle' the new single that seems to be whored out to the limit?

If the Preds ever change our goal song to calliope music I'm blaming you because you said it indicated musical standing. :laugh:

WTTJ is another tired, overdone song...even with updating I'd vote no on that one.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
If everyone is set on Black Keys I would prefer "Howling' for You".

From searching the internet, appears Phoenix uses that one.

But, I've always thought the Yeah Yeah Yeah's Gold Lion (1:06 - 1:30) would be a good fit, thematically too. Decent guitar riff =check. Gold lion = check. Goal light reference = check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMMkP_ofpXg

Interesting. I like starting about 1:57, as well.

Also found this on youtube.
5 songs that would make Awesome NHL goal songs

One through four I'd pass, but #5 "Uprising" by Muse has a strong vibe.

The best part is the guys statement below the screen:

"The next time your hockey team wants to use "Rock and Roll Part 2" or "Woo Hoo" as their goal song, kindly punch them in the face"

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hey guys Lightning fan here (home of the worst goal song in the NHL) I got an idea for you. Its probably terrible but hey what do I have to lose? This is NOT the goal song but after the horn, and the song they play "whoop that trick" for maybe 20 seconds to pump up an already rowdy Nashville crowd. It works great in Memphis and it still keeps a little TN pride because I'm not sure where else they play it. Rap at a hockey game I think is generally a bad idea in my opinion but I certainly make the exception for that one because Grizz fans get freaking NUTS and I can only imagine the kind of noise you guys in Nashville would make.

PS- cheers to your upcoming season. I loved watching you guys in the mid 2000's

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Hey guys Lightning fan here (home of the worst goal song in the NHL) I got an idea for you. Its probably terrible but hey what do I have to lose? This is NOT the goal song but after the horn, and the song they play "whoop that trick" for maybe 20 seconds to pump up an already rowdy Nashville crowd. It works great in Memphis and it still keeps a little TN pride because I'm not sure where else they play it. Rap at a hockey game I think is generally a bad idea in my opinion but I certainly make the exception for that one because Grizz fans get freaking NUTS and I can only imagine the kind of noise you guys in Nashville would make.

Who are they ?

Thanks

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005

Memphis is more like Detroit then it is Nashville. That song might work there, or maybe Chicago.

oliverconverge

Jan 2, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_e_UcZOnys

Just wanted to get your folks opinion on this song. It is called Blue and Gold by a band called Ghost Inside. The chorus is "Fly the banner blue and Gold" (1:43 of the song). It is all about being non-conformist and a black sheep, which is what we are here in Nashville.

Just thought it would be different then all the rap/classic rock/indie jams that every other team uses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad