The Globe and Mail has made league's unsealed emails searchable [MOD WARNING IN OP]

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This has to be the least professional collection of emails I have ever seen.

Wow.

Some of these executives look like they would have trouble with grade 6 grammar tests. Embarrassing.

VanPatten

Oct 27, 2013
I don't see the problem with anything McKenzie/Dreger said.

All in all very interesting stuff. The most surprising to me is how some of them can't string a couple sentences together.

Agreed. The grammar involved is laughable, but the content is predictable and far less emotion filled than what most observers of the game probably experience during the course of a game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't see the problem with anything McKenzie/Dreger said.

All in all very interesting stuff. The most surprising to me is how some of them can't string a couple sentences together.
Dreger was better than McKenzie. McKenzie acted like a raging HF Boards poster in some of his e-mails. He's definitely nowhere near as bad as Colie though. Every single email from Campbell takes a shot at someone.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
Next time I read a long string of poorly punctuated gibberish on here I'll have to wonder if it's ol' Colie. What do you have to say for yourself Colie?

..it was inappropriate. But no one told me or maybe told you five years ago that you can take your emails and read them all.

TSN appears to have scrubbed the story where that quote appears. You got billions of dollars of owners money at stake, millions of players money and health at stake and the league is running it like high school.

There also goes any hope that the NHL is impartial when it comes to reffing and disciplinary matters. Given how he looked out for his kid I have no problem believing league officials are capable of firing personnel for personal reasons. Also there goes any hope of the NHL being a leader in concussion research and prevention. Guys got hurt but they either deserve it for being "rats" or "wusses".
I bet if you could get access to all the emails regarding hits/injuries the NHL would be taken to the cleaners, just like the NFL has been, and will continue to be.

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
Too bad this didn't take place in a non bush league run sport, this would be front page news covered by national organizations that don't even normally do so, over weeks.

The implication of the media is one main reason it is getting little press.

The worst part is that the league will bide its time and wait for everything to blow over and make no changes except to do a better job at encrypting their emails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad