The Globe and Mail has made league's unsealed emails searchable [MOD WARNING IN OP]

Oct 18, 2011
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...dst-of-an-existential-crisis/article29419071/

This isn't necessarily about the league and fighting, I just think it's interesting all this info is now searchable by the public, and I figured HF could uncover some interesting stuff.

So far just by putting "Bob McKenzie" into the search bar, 18 documents have popped up

once exchange so far
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778992-NHL0031593.html

McKenzie asks Colin Campbell about a Perry elbow on Jonathan Cheechoo, during the email exchange, Colie refers to Doug Wilson as "Doug Whine Wilson" :laugh: and later on Bob asks Colie if he can suspend Perry for a game with a :) at the end.
Colie responds "your hate for this guy runs deep"

Earlier in this doc Campbell makes a weird analogy about drunk driving, with him, bob and "stupid" (Matt Barnaby):laugh::laugh:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778991-NHL0031371.html

In this chain Campbell asks for Bob's opinion about him coming out and saying it's time to remove fighting in the NHL, this is in 2009

Guys, please remember to not post any images that contain profanity. Any posts containing profanity following this warning will be subject to further discipline. If it wouldn't get past the filter, it can't be included in an image. Feel free to type out quotes as necessary and let the filter do its job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Boy, Darren Dreger and Colin Campbell talk a lot.

Searched Darren Dreger and almost every email is between them

JA

Related to the emails going public; CTV did a news story yesterday about the NHL's view of concussions in the league, citing numerous email exchanges between top league executives.

2:45:

Bettman: "Any more concussions?"

Shanahan: "Not so far"

Bettman: "Night is young!"

whlscowt

NHL0024816:

Campbell on Brett Hull "I like the fact that he has the balls (or is nuts) to say what he feels but UNLIKE Charles Barkley, he does not do his homework or is just plain dumb."

Gary Bettman Fan

vBookie extrodinaire
Jun 6, 2015
Wow, why does someone like Bob Mckenzie even have influence with the league? very troubling when some "insider" from TSN is able to request suspensions directly to the disciplinary head (at the time).

whlscowt

Campbell has no chill...

Not exactly sure who he was talking about, "You can tell this guy had blows to the head"

NHL0028532 "Brashear is a repeat offender and a bully. He didn't need to do this. Having said that, Ward is a "punk" and
deserved the week. He didn't get hit that hard and why he was yapping I don't like coaches who
yap (Terry Murray) who never had a fight in their life. Colton Orr is a good kid who had NO history but got
caught up in everything. 4-0 with 4 minutes left and he had only 3 minutes of ice. Nailed Ovechkin in the
mouth but did not cut him. Could have been worse and at least Ovechkin got up and didn't roll around like
Ward. The tree huggers will kill me and say Orr should have gotten 10. Cherry and his boys will say
Brashear should get 10. Can't win. Going to Detroit? They are doing most of their stuff befroe the warm"
--------------

Bettman and Daly's conversation...NHL0026823

Gary: What are you up to?
Bill: Nope
Gary: No surprises

WHAT haha, I don't even...

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
So the NHL is run by grown adults with a high school mentality. Nice to see my job isn't the only one!

Oct 18, 2011
How do we search the emails? Couldn't find the link guys.

Thanks in advance guys

just go to the search bar.
for instance if you put in "Colin Campbell" 145 documents pop up

some of these docs are boring, like press releases and there is also redacted materials that i would love to see published in full

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
The NHL reached out to the NFL about headshots.

Cexgf0xW4AAOk3M.jpg

Gary Bettman Fan

vBookie extrodinaire
Jun 6, 2015
These emails just show how these "insiders" like McKenzie and Dreger are just shills for certain NHL executive to run a certain narrative or bias.

Gary Bettman Fan

vBookie extrodinaire
Jun 6, 2015
Sent: 12/07/2009 08:42 AM EST

To: Colin Campbell

Subject: RE: Carcillo

I agree with you. I didn?t mind Ward getting punched. He?s a little too smug. That?ll teach him to be a smartass.

Never a bad thing to suspend Carcillo. He?s dangerous. Not all there.

Interesting Bob...

Gary Bettman Fan

vBookie extrodinaire
Jun 6, 2015
Pretty easily. Bettman isn't the one talking in a lot of these emails. AND its pretty clear Bettman has been working on the concussion problem.

He's not the idiot in a lot of these emails.

Exactly, I haven't found 1 email where Bettman has said or done anything wrong, always has been a professional even behind the scenes. It's other NHL execs and reporters who have given the stigma of the management of the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad