Post-Game Talk: The Gimmick Sucks (Your 3 Stars of the Game, though)

The Gimmick Sucks (Your 3 Stars of the Game, though)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Tatar has been getting a pass, but he isn't playing well. Yegor has been a total mess.

Nico ended up playing a pretty good game. Zacha too

Whatever is wrong with Rango we better solve it quick. Pucks are exploding off his stick and im not talking about his shot... His sick handling is gone.

Totally different player since pre season and last season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Tatar has been getting a pass, but he isn't playing well. Yegor has been a total mess.

Nico ended up playing a pretty good game. Zacha too
Zacha is playing well, defending, and making a ton of good passes, but he needs to start shooting more. I actually didn't like him on that last PP. Was deferring way too much to Hamiltion, and then not able to get a handle on the puck when in shooting position, I don't think those are unrelated.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm in the same position as you. This game for some reason frustrates the hell out of me. Not because of the effort and play (which were great), but because if Bernier is in we win, no doubt in my mind. The first and third goals were stoppable. Bernier stopped like 4-5 high danger chances last night it seems. Anyways, I'm good with the effort, and i hope they come out storming against Anaheim, which I believe, is not better than us at all.
This is just the kind of game where a goalie loses you. It's not the 5-2 loss or whatever the score the Caps game was. It's this right here. When you add how many points you lose because of goaltending at the end of the year, the games you can take from that are this game right here. This is probably the first one of the season. The Calgary game wasn't close, even though the score ended close. A couple goals were bad, but we were outplayed, we deserved to lose, we came back because of score effects and their goalie even handed us one.

Korpisalo wasn't great, he gave up at least one bad one tonight, maybe two, but he faced a lot more shots, he was under siege in the 3rd period while Wedgewood faced 3 shots and stopped 2.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Zacha is playing well, defending, and making a ton of good passes, but he needs to start shooting more. I actually didn't like him on that last PP. Was deferring way too much to Hamiltion, and then not able to get a handle on the puck when in shooting position, I don't think those are unrelated.

A few guys need to just shoot more. Bratt finally shot more tonight.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There are a lot of guys not playing well.

Hischier, Kuokkanen, Sharangovich, Smith... that's too many

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Poor man’s will butcher at the end of the day. Does nothing elite
650EBE56-C63F-4685-A50A-6A93E473C861.gif

Reactions: Dialamo and Blender

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kuokkanen is a passenger just sayin. We absolutely had to protect that guy LMAO
I don't think I would go that far...but I am good going on record saying that if Smith's skating doesn't improve he is going to be limited.

I've never seen a small skilled type Dman as bad a skater as Butcher though... he's in another category of bad

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think Hischier is playing fine (the other guys you mentioned are not) he's just not scoring enough. He needs to score more.

He did have an assist today.
I think his game is trash right now. He's generating nothing he's doing almost nothing in the offensive zone and nothing seems to be clicking for him...he got an assist by Dougie Hamilton being awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad