The "George" Downie Thread

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wanted to make a thread for Downie because the other one is reaching 1,000 posts.

fn5jcg.jpg

Badass.
Acquired from Tampa Bay for Kyle Quincey who flipped him to Detroit for a 1st in 2012.
Tamp Bays Appreciation Thread

-Kicked a helmet towards a player against the New York Rangers

Lets discussion Downie's play in the upcoming 2013-14 season and his UFA status at the end of it.

Last edited:

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I don't see the one that is approaching 1,000 posts - can you link?

member 116861

Greg has been great especially the way he tries to jump in whenever something happens to Vikingskog.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think the impact of this trade will be a lot like the Konowalchuk trade.

They slightly different players, and Kono's trade was a steal in terms of value, but I think Downie will be that heart and soul energy guy, that can mix it up and score in a top line role, like Kono was.

He already has great chemistry with Radar and Lando, and I really feel like he'd have great chemsitry with Stastny's style. Plus he's played with Duchene internationally before, and I believe I heard they played well. He'll fit in where ever he plays on this team, and be very effective and important to this team's success for a long time.

I just hope he can stay healthy to maximize his impact.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Best passer on the team, even better than Paul Stastny. Steve Downie's patience with the puck is Peter Forsberg-esque, and he always manages to complete his passes through traffic.

Easy to see why he had 12 assists last post season, despite assisting on only one Steven Stamkos goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad