Pre-Game Talk: The game #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
This is going to be the hardest game of this series. Bar none.
Tampa Bay are going to come out flying. Montreal can't let this 'comeback' get to their heads.

I didn't feel any optimism for Game 4 or 5.. so none again tomorrow.

Agreed, I'm forcing myself to think the same way, its amazing to see what they are doing and not feel optimistic, but we are still one loss away from being eliminated. We need to stay humble and come out with absolutely no respect for these guys, nothing has been won yet, if we do another game of 1-0 for 52 mins, we arent going to walk away happy. I hope the players are thinking the same, watching the bolts in game 4 walk around like the series was over, I dont think this group of guys is like that but we need another game 4 push.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
After going a game without a PP I'm sure they'll get a lot next game.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The only thing that concerns me is that we have yet to see Tampa's best this series. Are we bound to get a strong game from their end? Having an early series lead certainly afforded them the luxury of burdening the last two losses.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire

I'm worried they will call undeserving penalties on us. If so we must be really focused on the penalty kill. If we prevent Tampa from scoring on the power play then I have a good feeling we will win and outscore them 5 vs. 5.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
The only thing that concerns me is that we have yet to see Tampa's best this series. Are we bound to get a strong game from their end? Having an early series lead certainly afforded them the luxury of burdening the last two losses.

Right now reminds me of last year when we were down 3-2 to Boston right before we dominated the last two games. I just hope the guys can repeat what we did last year to Boston. I hope it gives them motivation to go out and take it from them knowing that they did it last year and that they have out played Tampa for 15 of 17 periods.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

They should be glad that they haven't been called for all the penalties they got away with. Never mind crying about PP time they don't deserve! Weise's chin for one, a whole DVD could be made on crap they have gotten away with. Quit being babies and try earning a win instead of looking for favors or embellishing crap.:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I'ma hop on y'alls bandwagon for Game Six, which is gonna be game "sicks" if you ask me since Patch is gonna score a trick and lead Les Habitants to a game 7, btw, I also jumped on the Bruins bandwagon and they didn't make it, the Blues and they lost, the Pens, you saw what happened to them, so sorry if this is the kiss of death, but I love comebacks, and this would be historical, I wanna a piece of it too, so best of luck to you all, mes amis du nord de la frontière.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

The Tampa team we're seeing right now is the same team from the Detroit series. I can't imagine 13 games is some fluke, this is them.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The Tampa team we're seeing right now is the same team from the Detroit series. I can't imagine 13 games is some fluke, this is them.

This is the same team we saw last year too. They have a better defense though. Last year it was full of holes with guys like Gudas, Brewer, Salo, Kostka, Barberio and a younger Sustr playing.

But it's still a small soft and inexperienced team.

To be honest if we lose this serie (and i think we will) i don't think TB will have won it. It's really us who put ourselves in this position by not scoring goals on a floppy goalie flopping around after every hits (by the puck or a player). Even if TB gets pass us (and i think they will) i give them absolutely not a chance in hell to win the cup.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Maybe, but I still think there is an opportunity here for Tampa to put it together, even if for one game. While 13 games isn't some fluke, I can't imagine that they go a 7 game series without having 1 good game, even if they have flaws as a playoff team. I just hope that that time doesn't come in the next two games. Unfortunately, the 3-0 leads means that Tampa only needs that one good game to win. They haven't showed their regular season dominance since game 1 against the Wings (they lost that game). They're bound to pop a good one sooner or later.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Maybe, but I still think there is an opportunity here for Tampa to put it together, even if for one game. While 13 games isn't some fluke, I can't imagine that they go a 7 game series without having 1 good game, even if they have flaws as a playoff team. I just hope that that time doesn't come in the next two games. Unfortunately, the 3-0 leads means that Tampa only needs that one good game to win. They haven't showed their regular season dominance since game 1 against the Wings (they lost that game). They're bound to pop a good one sooner or later.

They had a good period in game 2 (2nd period), and spurts throughout the series. Overall though, they've been pretty bad and it is surprising. However, I'd be more surprised if they put together a solid game and not just a period or spurts at this point. They just aren't built for the playoffs, and if not for Montreal beating themselves or Kronwall getting suspended, they'd be out.

This happens though. 2010 Montreal was not a good team, but got all the bounces in the world and Halak played well. Good teams play bad, and bad teams win playoff rounds.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
They had good attendance all year, but it's probably because the team has been real good.

The team being good helps. But the real issue is that they had, IIRC, promotions like 28$ for two tickets. And that included a couple of beers, hot-dogs and free parking.

So yeah, they might sell out, but it doesn't mean they're actually making money.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'ma hop on y'alls bandwagon for Game Six, which is gonna be game "sicks" if you ask me since Patch is gonna score a trick and lead Les Habitants to a game 7, btw, I also jumped on the Bruins bandwagon and they didn't make it, the Blues and they lost, the Pens, you saw what happened to them, so sorry if this is the kiss of death, but I love comebacks, and this would be historical, I wanna a piece of it too, so best of luck to you all, mes amis du nord de la frontière.

Man, your post works so well with the Sean Penn avatar! Welcome dude.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

If they were going to play their best game of the series it will be tomorrow. At home with the chance to move on to the conference final is just too big of a opportunity to give up. If Tampa doesn't come out flying tomorrow that is a pretty big concern for them. I do agree we haven't seen the best of them yet, they have been getting the bounces but that doesn't mean they have been playing well. We will see tomorrow I guess. If I was a Tampa player I would be pretty bumped up to play on home ice with a chance to advance to the conference finals. If that's not enough then they should be playing to avoid going back to Montreal.

PricePkPatch*

Single hardest game this team will ever have.

Everyone has to be on their A game. And disciplined. You just KNOW the Refs will be hard on us.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
If they were going to play their best game of the series it will be tomorrow. At home with the chance to move on to the conference final is just too big of a opportunity to give up. If Tampa doesn't come out flying tomorrow that is a pretty big concern for them. I do agree we haven't seen the best of them yet, they have been getting the bounces but that doesn't mean they have been playing well. We will see tomorrow I guess. If I was a Tampa player I would be pretty bumped up to play on home ice with a chance to advance to the conference finals. If that's not enough then they should be playing to avoid going back to Montreal.

But that logic also applied to game 4.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad