Pre-Game Talk: The game #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
TB is in trouble. What a turn of events too. A couple games ago they were laughing Prust off the ice, deservedly, and now they're playing timid hockey, taking the bait (Gallagher drawing a penalty) and becoming undisciplined.

What Subban did to Stamkos at the buzzer was smart. Dumped him, roughed him up, and you saw TB get all crazy. That can carry over. TB should be smart enough to know Subban pulls this stuff all the time and won't back it up but....like the Bruins....they may just react wrong and cost themselves. If they win in TB? Wow, could be a historical come back.

I doubt Tampa does anything. They're paper tigers, very soft. Hell, they're softer than MTL and that's saying something.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
Last two game Habs score first goal
MT system work a lot better with the first goal

The system is like a house of cards falling when it's not the case

If Habs score first goal in game 6, TB will have a lot of pressure and probably Bishop will be shaky

Main goal for Habs: score first goal

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Last two game Habs score first goal
MT system work a lot better with the first goal

The system is like a house of cards falling when it's not the case

If Habs score first goal in game 6, TB will have a lot of pressure and probably Bishop will be shaky

Main goal for Habs: score first goal

I disagree. I think the goal should be to just make sure they score more goals by the end of the game :sarcasm:

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
I disagree. I think the goal should be to just make sure they score more goals by the end of the game :sarcasm:

Yes for sure you have to score one more goal to win the game

I was talking about the momentum, the system efficiency and the chance to win the game with the first goal

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
An early goal would put the weight of the world on their team and quiet their crowd to uncomfortable levels

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Full Cooper on Price: "We look back and his numbers against the Tampa Bay Lightning are very pedestrian compared to the rest of the teams."

Need Price to shut them out next game.....period.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
I'm listening to tsn 690 and Scott Cullen, the stat guy, came out with some pretty interesting stuff. Basically, he said the Habs came into the playoffs as 1 of the worst puck possession team (only Calgary was worst), but vs Tampa, we've been holding the puck by quite a margin with 56% as oppose to 44% for Tampa with outshotting them 2 to 1. He also said that, yes, Price has been stellar when he had to most of the time but he hasn't really STOLE a game kinda like game 6 vs Ottawa.

Habs just need to keep putting pressure and stay out of the box with a little bit of puck luck. The key here is I think out bottom 6 forwards and 5-6 Dman are all around better then theirs + Price.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Full Cooper on Price: "We look back and his numbers against the Tampa Bay Lightning are very pedestrian compared to the rest of the teams."

Need Price to shut them out next game.....period.

I hope Price saw that and is now motivated to show him wrong. The last person you want motivated is Carey Price.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Prediction: the team that wins the next game will win this series.

Not that bold but still :crossfing

This is exactly how I feel as well.

Scoring the first goal on Tuesday will be huge. The Lightening will then have a large amount of pressure to contend with at home. In short, the first period will be vital.

Nynja*

Sooo after price robbed Filppula with the tip of his glove to save the season, hes saying he hasnt been stellar? Coopers gone full 93 nords, you never go full 93 nords.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm not confident at this point, but I don't feel bad. If the Habs pull the reverse sweep, it'd erase my feelings of shame for my Sharks being reverse swept last year.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Did I hear correctly that it will be not permitted to wear a Habs jersey for Game 6 in Tampa Bay?

What the **** is that?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I went on a monstrous binge after Game 5. I drank so much. I just sort of woke up from it. I drank a lot of those little peach vodka in a can deals... and beer, and that vodka plus bacon thing... never again.

God, I fear what happens to me if we win the cup.

Yikes man that sounds disgusting lol. I mean I've drank like every day this week, but it's just Twice as Mad Tom for me. Keep the fruit and bacon separate from booze!

My step mom got me a tall can of a bacon Caesar when I last went home as a joke because of how much I love bacon... It was one of the most awful things I've ever drank. Like 4loko or Boxer bad... To each their own I guess though. :laugh:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Did I hear correctly that it will be not permitted to wear a Habs jersey for Game 6 in Tampa Bay?

What the **** is that?

Only in a certain section apparently, but I'm not sure what section(s) this is. I believe they're also banning QC addresses from purchasing tickets. So much for being grateful for revenue sharing :laugh:

HabsDieHard*

How about that vicious punch to the back of the head Weise gave Coburn last night?

Will suck for the Lightning to lose such an important player from their team for game 6, but after a hit like that it's doubtful he will be able to go on Tuesday.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How about that vicious punch to the back of the head Weise gave Coburn last night?

Will suck for the Lightning to lose such an important player from their team for game 6, but after a hit like that it's doubtful he will be able to go on Tuesday.

What?

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
I'm listening to tsn 690 and Scott Cullen, the stat guy, came out with some pretty interesting stuff. Basically, he said the Habs came into the playoffs as 1 of the worst puck possession team (only Calgary was worst), but vs Tampa, we've been holding the puck by quite a margin with 56% as oppose to 44% for Tampa with outshotting them 2 to 1. He also said that, yes, Price has been stellar when he had to most of the time but he hasn't really STOLE a game kinda like game 6 vs Ottawa.

Habs just need to keep putting pressure and stay out of the box with a little bit of puck luck. The key here is I think out bottom 6 forwards and 5-6 Dman are all around better then theirs + Price.

It's kinda interesting to see how well our team is playing when we actually play aggressive and put the pressure on the other team for once. A lot of us had been saying this is what we needed to be doing all year but not once did MT change his game plan to take the pressure off of Price. With the way we have been playing, Price hasn't had to carry the team per say but rather make a few really impressive saves. This is how our team will be successful moving forward. By pushing the pace of the game and applying pressure on the opposing team we are, in turn, playing defense from the offensive zone and by controlling the puck possession more than the other team. Tampa seems to have no answer to this and thus we need to be extremely focused going into Tuesday game. Expect that they will make life hell, but go into the game with everything you got.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia
there should be a website regarding playoff series that shows the percentage of series that are 3-0 gome to game 5, 6 and seven.

i would say that getting past game 6 in a 0-3 scenario is extremely rare(10% succes rate or less) but im not sure exactly how rare.

http://www.puckreport.com/2009/04/nhl-playoff-comebacks-trailing-3-0.html

i found one.

Breaking it down by round, teams have held a 3-0 lead 46 times in the Preliminary round, 62 times in the Quarterfinals, 43 times in the Semifinal, and 27 times in the Stanley Cup Final. 110 of 178 times (62%), leading teams took the series in Game 4. Of the 68 teams that have survived a sweep, only 9 (13%) lived to skate in a Game 7.

tb have a 87% chance of winning tuesday i take it.

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
I'll say this in french:

Si le Canadien gagne le prochain match sa va être fou en ******** à Montréal!!!!!!!

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I've been going by the motto of "Just enjoy the moment", I expected the series to have been over in Game 4 but the Habs have certainly made things interesting. Game 6 will be no doubt our toughness game of the season, here's hoping the Habs can find a way to win!

Yep best not to get hopes up too high, but I think they are capable of pulling it off, just can't let off the gas for a millisecond.

Here's hoping for a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad