Player Discussion The Future of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 3: Playoffs Edition

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lawton said 5 x $5.5M yesterday on Stauffers show. Stauffer figured he’d walk at that price. I’m not sure we get a deal done with RNH. Seattle and Columbus and possibly Calgary will offer more. If he wants the money then it’s sayonara. If he wants what’s fair in a flat cap world and chase a cup then sign on the dotted line.

Reactions: McOilers97

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Lawton said 5 x $5.5M yesterday on Stauffers show. Stauffer figured he’d walk at that price. I’m not sure we get a deal done with RNH. Seattle and Columbus and possibly Calgary will offer more. If he wants the money then it’s sayonara. If he wants what’s fair in a flat cap world and chase a cup then sign on the dotted line.
That’s a very fair offer. If he walks at that, he walks. I’ve always stuck up for Nuge in past years, but his act has worn thin with me this year and he hasn’t earned more $ than that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That’s a very fair offer. If he walks at that, he walks. I’ve always stuck up for Nuge in past years, but his act has worn thin with me this year and he hasn’t earned more $ than that.

Yup I’m exactly the same. At the end of the day if he wants 7 million or whatever he can move to Seattle or Columbus.

Reactions: frag2

Field Marshal Phibun

Feb 17, 2021
Regular season RNH is the same as playoff RNH.
Why would anybody expect anything different from him at this point?
If this is the best a UFA can do in the show me year well he sure showed everybody his value.

Last edited:

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I’m not sure he’s even worth 5.5 on a long term deal.

He's to much of a passenger. He's a fine two way guy, pp guy, pk guy but he doesn't drive the play ever. I'd like to say we can do better ... but edm history and free agency ...

I bet he's on McDavids wing next game.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
He's going to walk. A team depending on him to be a line driver will regret the contract. Then again, when the Oilers stench comes off he might be good again like all the other players that leave.

Reactions: TheNumber4

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
He's been ass this season and will never produce for us in the postseason but I'm sure he will carve out a nice career somewhere else.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
He's to much of a passenger these days. He's a fine two way guy, pp guy, pk guy but he doesn't drive the play ever.
I bet he's on McDavids wing next game.

Yeah, I don't think people realize how bad of a year he had at even strength. The guy scored 5 more even strength points than Adam Larsson and 4 more than Khaira and Neal despite playing more games/minutes and being stapled to McDavid and Draisaitl.

We can't be giving out big contracts to passengers.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Yeah, I don't think people realize how bad of a year he had at even strength. The guy scored 5 more even strength points than Adam Larsson and 4 more than Khaira and Neal despite playing more games/minutes and being stapled to McDavid and Draisaitl.

We can't be giving out big contracts to passengers.

I'd give him 4.5 - 5, but I don't think he's worth more than that.
Honestly expecting a 6M extension tho.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
SoftMega_PDP.jpg

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
If you can't bring any physicality you have to be dynamic. Nuge brings nothing dynamic when the game gets tough. I don't think he sucks but it's a waste of money spending big bucks on this kind of player. He's an overhyped Tomas Tatar.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad