Player Discussion The Future of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 2: Has His Recent Concussion Complicated Things More?

Has His Recent Concussion Changed Your Opinion on Re-Signing Him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
If Nuge is willing to do 5 years at 5.5, I can stomach that and bank on this being a down year for him.
I hate five years, but I would not crap on this being a guy who wants him gone

Just bringing back the same old. Vanilla stale crap on a downtrend and hoping for the same losing non secondary help

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I could have sworn at the end of the Chiarelli term people mocked the approach to "heavy hockey" because the league was clearly heading towards speed and skill and the Oilers were behind the 8-Ball.

Now we're behind the 8-Ball again because the league is about heavy hockey and we're too small and not tough enough.

I'm not saying Chiarelli went after the right guys, and obviously you don't want coke machines all over the ice, but I do find it amusing how fast the entire game of hockey seems to flip flop amongst fans. Did it all really change and then change again in 2 to 3 years? I'm skeptical.

Personally, I'm of the opinion heavy hockey was always the standard, as it's always been the standard in playoffs. Like, forever. But balance is always the key in life.

It's not even about heavy hockey. It's about guys just being able to win board battles to sustain plays, etc.

Strong hockey

Some of it is how garbage the refs are

Nuge is soft and nothing with any hockey you put out there lol

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Landeskog and Huberdeau were the two picks after him in the draft.

Night and day watching these playoffs.

And people focus so much on the Yakupov pickbas the franchise crippling one despite Murray and Galchenyuk the alternatives.

Reactions: Messrules11

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Nuge at $5.5M x 5 is an entirely different player than Nuge at $7m x 7

If Seravalli is right, I say you sign Nuge to that rumoured 5 year deal regardless of his playoff performance

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad