The Full Tank (Part 1)

Do you think the the Isles organization (Lou) is trying to intentionally tank the season?

• No. He believes there is reason for optimism and even a playoff spot could happen.

Votes: 52 41.6%
  • No. He knows we are going to suck but will try to get as many points as possible, picks be damned.

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • No. He knows Trotz will not allow himself to be a part of something like that.

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Yes. He's definitely tanking it, our only hope for the future is/are top 5 picks.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Yes. He's definitely tanking it, our only hope for the future is/are top 5 picks.

Votes: 9 7.2%

• Total voters

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Is it just me or does it seem like the Isles have had more than the usual share of goals being shot into basically empty nets?

If so, maybe that's a product of Trotz' "east-west passing, quality over quantity" shot philosophy. And in that case maybe the SH% is sustainable.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
The Islanders are awful at tanking.

Not Halak

watch

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Is it just me or does it seem like the Isles have had more than the usual share of goals being shot into basically empty nets?

If so, maybe that's a product of Trotz' "east-west passing, quality over quantity" shot philosophy. And in that case maybe the SH% is sustainable.
There sure were in the Pens game, although that looked to me like missed assignments. But if that's because of Trotz' style, all the better.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA

Tanking doesn’t happen. Everyone would have to be on board to tank, and there is too much at stake. For example, telling Lee, Ebs and Nelson to ease up won’t happen. To tell Lehner to let goals in won’t happen. They are playing for millions on their next contracts. You cannot bench them. Someone point out how a team goes about tanking? I can see sitting a key player the last game of the season, but how exactly do you tank in November - March? Doesn’t happen.​

Should Lou make bad trades to tank? Not

Should the owners allow a team to tank? They are desperately trying to win games so that they fill seats for the holiday time and second half of the season and build excitement around this team as they build a new arena.

The GM is trying to change the perception and have UFAs come here and have players not include the Islanders on no trade clauses.

Does losing help in any of those areas? Nope!

Winning changes things

Tanking is a hoax and does not happen.

Reactions: SteveH124

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

Tanking doesn’t happen. Everyone would have to be on board to tank, and there is too much at stake. For example, telling Lee, Ebs and Nelson to ease up won’t happen. To tell Lehner to let goals in won’t happen. They are playing for millions on their next contracts. You cannot bench them. Someone point out how a team goes about tanking? I can see sitting a key player the last game of the season, but how exactly do you tank in November - March? Doesn’t happen.​
Should Lou make bad trades to tank? Not

Should the owners allow a team to tank? They are desperately trying to win games so that they fill seats for the holiday time and second half of the season and build excitement around this team as they build a new arena.

The GM is trying to change the perception and have UFAs come here and have players not include the Islanders on no trade clauses.

Does losing help in any of those areas? Nope!

Winning changes things

Tanking is a hoax and does not happen.

in the past , employing joey macdonald and yann danis is a def way to tank ... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad