The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfanuReinhard*

To me scoring depth is still a major issue at the forward position.

47 goals combined from Forwards not named Forsberg, Neal, Smith, Jarnkrok, and Fisher.

Those five mentioned above had 114 combined.

Defense had 54 goals combined.

We need some more 10-20 goal scoring forwards. Team only had those five named above that scored more than 10 goals.

Johansen can do better. He has had a 33 goal season as well as a 71 point season, maybe a full season with training camp can help there.

Hopefully we add a better quality winger on that top line to replace Jarnkrok.

On defense, as good as our top four are I would like to see more out of them defensively. I like Granberg. Hopefully he can continue to improve.

Yo I'll give you Colborne, a pick, and a C level prospect for Jarnkrok.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Why has no one mentioned we need more 2-way play from forwards? Ribeiro and Forsberg have the least amount of defensive zone time and yet somehow find ways to get the puck to the defensive zone, and usually (What am I talking about, technically always) costly?

Forsberg is getting better in that regard, I mean the guy does play a pretty big role on the PK now.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Right, I think anyone that says Forsberg is some kind of defensively liability simply doesn't watch him play enough. He's probably the most complete forward on the team at this point.

Exactly- I cannot believe anyone would even hint at Forsberg being a defensive liability- its just the opposite.....

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The only complaints defensively about Forsberg that have merit is he does sometimes lose his coverage in the D-zone and sometimes he tries to be to fancy in the neutral zone which leads to scoring chances against. On the other hand he is the best on the team at stripping pucks from opposing players. In general I think he is already solid defensively.

Ribero, on the other hand, is useless when not producing which makes his series so far a total ****show.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Right, I think anyone that says Forsberg is some kind of defensively liability simply doesn't watch him play enough. He's probably the most complete forward on the team at this point.

Exactly- I cannot believe anyone would even hint at Forsberg being a defensive liability- its just the opposite.....

The only complaints defensively about Forsberg that have merit is he does sometimes lose his coverage in the D-zone and sometimes he tries to be to fancy in the neutral zone which leads to scoring chances against. On the other hand he is the best on the team at stripping pucks from opposing players. In general I think he is already solid defensively.

I don't think anyone faults Forsberg's defensive EFFORT. He generally backchecks hard. But his defensive AWARENESS isn't always top notch. Several times during the season his man scored because Forsberg was watching the puck and let his guy walk in from the point for a shot in the slot. That's just him being young and not having great defensive instincts.

That said, I think he has improved some on that and I expect that as he keeps working hard at it he'll get even better. But nobody should be faulting his effort.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i don't want to take the focus off of the playoffs, so glad we're playing the way we are and I like our group.

But does anyone think we could snag Nichushkin from Dallas. He's RFA, but we could trade for him and sign him. I think he'd be great with us. He's a big body, fast, and can score when he gets it going. I think he'd look real good on our 1st or 2nd line.

Just a thought.

What about Backes too? Probably resigns with STL but just bored at work thinking.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
i don't want to take the focus off of the playoffs, so glad we're playing the way we are and I like our group.

But does anyone think we could snag Nichushkin from Dallas. He's RFA, but we could trade for him and sign him. I think he'd be great with us. He's a big body, fast, and can score when he gets it going. I think he'd look real good on our 1st or 2nd line.

Just a thought.

What about Backes too? Probably resigns with STL but just bored at work thinking.
Nope.

Backes would be a possibility if he does not stay in St. Louis, but that does not help our aging center depth problem at all.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
From what I've seen Nichusking has been awful in Dallas and also a whiny ***** about his ice time. He has also complained how he doesn't have any friends since he's the only Russian in Dallas. As he would be here. Pass.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
From what I've seen Nichusking has been awful in Dallas and also a whiny ***** about his ice time. He has also complained how he doesn't have any friends since he's the only Russian in Dallas. As he would be here. Pass.

Bring back Radulov to mentor and be his friend :sarcasm:

I don't think anyone faults Forsberg's defensive EFFORT. He generally backchecks hard. But his defensive AWARENESS isn't always top notch. Several times during the season his man scored because Forsberg was watching the puck and let his guy walk in from the point for a shot in the slot. That's just him being young and not having great defensive instincts.

That said, I think he has improved some on that and I expect that as he keeps working hard at it he'll get even better. But nobody should be faulting his effort.

This this and this.

Definitely our Datsyuk with those sweet takeaways

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
How do we fix this roster?

Fix the roster?? Are you serious? Please tell me you are not serious. PLEASE people- don't overreact to one game. This is a very good roster and we had a GREAT season.

Columbus needs fixing. Carolina needs fixing, Colorado needs fixing.

The Preds do not need fixing- we need some tweaks as every team does, but it ain't broke....

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Acquire Bozak. I'm bias because I follow both teams but he would be great as our #2C, he proved this season he doesn't need Kessel to play well, and he's on a good short-term contract so he could be a stop-gap until Kamanev is ready. Plus he is likely available and the Leafs are willing to take back short cap dumps (Nystrom). I think it's a perfect fit.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
The more I think about this team the more I wonder if David Poile shoots himself in the foot by not adding anything at the deadline.

Also wonder if Poile will go for it before Rinne and Poile himself are gone.

I also remember what Tom Cigarran said on the radio the other day about not worrying about getting the right pieces in place to win the cup as in $$$$.

Could be an interesting off season.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Fix the roster?? Are you serious? Please tell me you are not serious. PLEASE people- don't overreact to one game. This is a very good roster and we had a GREAT season.

The Preds do not need fixing- we need some tweaks as every team does, but it ain't broke....

Yep, agreed. I don't see holes in our roster other than some minor tweaks. Start with a better backup or be confident enough to give Maz 20 starts per year. We got our #1C, hell of a top-4, some nice wingers, Fiala coming up Forsberg-like. Kamenev should get some games under his belt next year. Hopefully, Rinne has better year and Ribs and Fish still have gas left in their tanks. Wilson could also show up before April.

EDIT: In the end this group made hell of a run, just ran into a better Sharks team and with a schedule like that any team would've had a difficult time winning. Couple of guys went dark but others replaced them, our young guns will provide the depth next year.

But most importantly, this team showed something you can never acquire from UFA or from other teams, resiliency.

Last edited:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Yep, agreed. I don't see holes in our roster other than some minor tweaks. Start with a better backup or be confident enough to give Maz 20 starts per year. We got our #1C, hell of a top-4, some nice wingers, Fiala coming up Forsberg-like. Kamenev should get some games under his belt next year. Hopefully, Rinne has better year and Ribs and Fish still have gas left in their tanks. Wilson could also show up before April.

EDIT: In the end this group made hell of a run, just ran into a better Sharks team and with a schedule like that any team would've had a difficult time winning. Couple of guys went dark but others replaced them, our young guns will provide the depth next year.

But most importantly, this team showed something you can never acquire from UFA or from other teams, resiliency.

1. Hopefully having the #1C for a full off season will help him.
2. Top 4 Defense is good offensively but needs to be better on the defensive side. I hope Granberg can continue to improve I think he could be the answer on the defensive side of things.
3. Fiala hopefully keeps progressing but can Rinne wait on him?
4. Kamenev he seems to be a bright spot to me as well.
5. Rinne needs less starts, better backup.
6. Fisher I still have faith in. Ribeiro I am disappointed in.
7. Wilson hopefully has decided to wake up.
8. I not sure if we want a deep playoff run we can depend on youth as much as we are thinking. Need some veteran mix in that bottom six.

If we could move Ribeiro. Add Bozak and a net front presence I think we would be a better all around team.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
1. Hopefully having the #1C for a full off season will help him.
2. Top 4 Defense is good offensively but needs to be better on the defensive side. I hope Granberg can continue to improve I think he could be the answer on the defensive side of things.
3. Fiala hopefully keeps progressing but can Rinne wait on him?
4. Kamenev he seems to be a bright spot to me as well.
5. Rinne needs less starts, better backup.
6. Fisher I still have faith in. Ribeiro I am disappointed in.
7. Wilson hopefully has decided to wake up.
8. I not sure if we want a deep playoff run we can depend on youth as much as we are thinking. Need some veteran mix in that bottom six.

If we could move Ribeiro. Add Bozak and a net front presence I think we would be a better all around team.

2. Agreed, they need to focus on defense a bit more, our forwards are enough talented on their own. When they started to focus more on defense, that's when we started to win some games.

I don't know about Ribs, he was good in the reg. season, putting up again 50 points. 2015 playoffs, he was pretty good no he was really bad. I think we could use him for another year, now that he gets sheltered minutes when Joey takes the tough match-up.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd like to replace Ribs asap. He is decent in the regular season, not so much come playoff time.

We need another winger who can put pucks in the net, and really need someone on the 3rd and 4th that knows what the back of the net looks like.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

For the record, the necessary repairs were done up here already with the Johansen-Jones trade; it just takes a bit for things to settle and the glue to dry. ;)

And I like the idea of picking up Bozak as a stopgap while Kamenev develops. I'd also keep Ribeiro just for secondary scoring on the wing - not at C - and don't rely on him for anything else at all ever. He doesn't need to be kicked to the curb... but it's evident that he should not be getting significant responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark