The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
What about Rinne. Love the guy, but should we let an expansion team draft him and his $7M contract for the last 2 seasons of it?

Or are there other goalies available the expansion teams rather pick? Fleury could be in play, but who else?

By the time the expansion draft rolls around Rinne will probably be a shell of his former self.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'd leave Rinne exposed at this point. Not that I want to get rid of him, but I don't see an expansion team taking a goalie who will turn 35 in that team's first season making 7 million a year for 2 years.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'd leave Rinne exposed at this point. Not that I want to get rid of him, but I don't see an expansion team taking a goalie who will turn 35 in that team's first season making 7 million a year for 2 years.

Idk, he could boost some ticket sales unless the upcoming season is a disaster for him, I guess.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
What about Rinne. Love the guy, but should we let an expansion team draft him and his $7M contract for the last 2 seasons of it?

Or are there other goalies available the expansion teams rather pick? Fleury could be in play, but who else?

You absolutely leave him unprotected, as much as I love him. Maybe if we didn't have Saros, then yeah you could protect him but Saros is the goalie of the future and if we need to protect him you tell Pekka it's been awesome but you (maybe) gotta go.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Idk, he could boost some ticket sales unless the upcoming season is a disaster for him, I guess.

I doubt Rinne moves many tickets.

I'd be looking at a Ducks-like situation who will have to choose between Gibson and Andersen hypothetically (I think one is gone after this season, but there will be a situation like that for an expansion team to find a goalie).

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
What would it take to get Forsberg to Anaheim?

Would you accept Vatanen, Ritchie, 2016 1st & 2017 1st?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
What would it take to get Forsberg to Anaheim?

Would you accept Vatanen, Ritchie, 2016 1st & 2017 1st?
We're a franchise that's never had a young talent like him. Historically challenged offensively. There won't be a trade involving him for multiple lesser parts.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Poile picks up: "Who are you inquiring about?"

Click.
Poile: "This is David."

Anaheim: "I think we've got a deal you might be interested in."

Poile: "Who do you like?"

Anaheim: "Number 9"

Poile:
raw

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Poile: "This is David."

Anaheim: "I think we've got a deal you might be interested in."

Poile: "Who do you like?"

Anaheim: "Number 9"

Poile:
raw

That Jennifer Lawrence flick makes me all giddy, even though I've seen it thousands of times.

She makes Fisher's gf look like really wet baby poop.

And on topic, I pretty much knew your stance on Forsberg's value. Just wanted to check, since everyone on the Anaheim boards said that my offer was an insane overpayment. Yet, I'd add even more to get him.

Blows my mind that he's this dominant (TWO-WAYs), and still only 21 years old.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If Rinne doesn't improve, I think we leave him unprotected for expansion. It may be too much of a PR disaster to swallow but, as good as he was, he isn't worth 7M a year.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think it would be a poor decision to protect him at this point and I would like to see him stick around. He is good, but if you can get someone to take that salary off your hands then you do it. I like him, but the contract is why I leave him vulnerable.

I'd do the same with Weber if they had to eat the recapture going forward. Considering that probably won't be the case you gotta keep him around.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Saros would have to be protected if we wanted to keep him around, so it wouldn't surprise me if we protected him.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Let's focus on this season... shall we? We are only half dead in the water.

The team has already exceeded the expectations of most across the NHL who saw them winning one game but its hard to imagine the Ducks losing at home again. After game 5 in all likelihood the Preds will just crumble but this is about setting up for the future seasons.

Well last year it was if we only had a 1C that would put us over the top, well
that has not happened. there are still upgrades needed in the top 6 unless LAvi reverts into the Trotzonian system. Lavi wants to be a Dallas type scoring machine and while they can pull it off for a few games overall 2.73 gpg was only good enough for 13th in the league. It would not hurt for the 3rd line to chip in more as well. Fish and Riberio another year older its pie in the sky to think they increase production at this point. Can we ask more of FF and Neal well 30 is a heck of a year, can Jarnkrok rise to 20???? Can Wilson??????? Even if Fiala makes the team 15 would be a good first year for the guy so Poile needs to find at least 20 goals somewhere.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Worrying about next season when we aren't even done with this season is absolutely asinine. The series is tied. Put your big boy pants on guys. The team needs you.

We are going to win on Saturday. I am positive of that.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Worrying about next season when we aren't even done with this season is absolutely asinine. The series is tied. Put your big boy pants on guys. The team needs you.

We are going to win on Saturday. I am positive of that.

It's not so much worrying as planning for the future. We can't spend all our time talking about this series.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i'm as negative as they come but you guys are just weak.. and sad. are we gonna lose the series? yeah it seems likely but until it's over, it's this team. this year. *shakes head in disbelief*

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
To me scoring depth is still a major issue at the forward position.

47 goals combined from Forwards not named Forsberg, Neal, Smith, Jarnkrok, and Fisher.

Those five mentioned above had 114 combined.

Defense had 54 goals combined.

We need some more 10-20 goal scoring forwards. Team only had those five named above that scored more than 10 goals.

Johansen can do better. He has had a 33 goal season as well as a 71 point season, maybe a full season with training camp can help there.

Hopefully we add a better quality winger on that top line to replace Jarnkrok.

On defense, as good as our top four are I would like to see more out of them defensively. I like Granberg. Hopefully he can continue to improve.

Last edited:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Looks like it is going to be a long summer of tough decisions unless we start playing a tighter defensive game and win the next two. Like I said above we need more defensively from our top four.

ElfanuReinhard*

Why has no one mentioned we need more 2-way play from forwards? Ribeiro and Forsberg have the least amount of defensive zone time and yet somehow find ways to get the puck to the defensive zone, and usually (What am I talking about, technically always) costly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad